Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ramcharger310 View Post
    Your spending about $150 more over DSGs for looks? Once I sold the barbell that came with the set, I was about $120 for my DSG set.

For about ~$100 more I would go with this, sell the barbell for ~100 and have a kickass weight set for $300.
    http://www.adamantbarbell.com/Olympi...ath=73_516_143
    After a couple of months of deciding, I got these from AdamAntBarbell delivered last week. 345 lb set in black and I'm very happy with the quality and service. I love the old school simple look.

Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    And props to them for accurately describing the quality and durability of this particular barbell in their product description.

http://www.adamantbarbell.com/Olympi...ess-Bar-Chrome
    Yeah, their website does a great job of describing their products. And if their product page lacks details, they post blogs with more details. I like this recent one done on plate differences:

http://www.adamantbarbell.com/blog/w...te-comparison/

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Peter_Klim View Post
    After a couple of months of deciding, I got these from AdamAntBarbell delivered last week. 345 lb set in black and I'm very happy with the quality and service. I love the old school simple look.

Yo Pete, good to hear you finally decided on the plates and cool choice (So you did go with the round plates as well and will have no issues with the floor lifts too). I see what you did there Adam Ant, Some people think that site is a "goody two shoes" for displaying accurate information as well (I don't even know how I even remembered a song by that artist lol). Anyways enjoy the plates and awesome you got them from adamant (I swear I'm not a shill for them lol).

Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Congrats on the purchase Peter.
    "I love the smell of stall mats in the morning."

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not Trolling, I swear... But 2% weight accuracy is considered "Calibrated"?
    ()---() York Barbell Club #26 ()---()
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #34 ||---||
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #74 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #10 ──<//>─<\\>──

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150771833

Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by brucedelaney View Post
    Not Trolling, I swear... But 2% weight accuracy is considered "Calibrated"?
    Good question.

I hope the seniors can chime in, but from what I am seeing, the answer is yes. They are guaranteed accurate +/-2%. For plates that are $1.58 a pound new and shipped, this is a great deal.

Other infamous plates which also feature a 2% deviation in weight include the Ivanko OM series and York Legacy. I know what Ivanko OM's go for and the Troy price blows it away when buying new.

The link Peter posted above, shows the % deviation of the popular plates adamant sells.

Now what you may be thinking as calibrated...competition calibrated.
    "I love the smell of stall mats in the morning."

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Speaking of adamant barbell I have a quick question involving the York Legacy plates they sell, are these plates any good hole tolerance wise and in quality of durability and finish? I noticed they are more expensive than the Troy line on adamant's site and I own the GOs and find the quality to be excellent for the price. Also are these the same York plates that everyone talks about e-mailing York directly to get that discount quote on them in previous thread? Thanks. Here's the link: http://www.adamantbarbell.com/Weight...ibrated-Plates

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good question.

I hope the seniors can chime in, but from what I am seeing, the answer is yes. They are guaranteed accurate +/-2%. For plates that are $1.58 a pound new and shipped, this is a great deal.

Other infamous plates which also feature a 2% deviation in weight include the Ivanko OM series and York Legacy. I know what Ivanko OM's go for and the Troy price blows it away when buying new.

The link Peter posted above, shows the % deviation of the popular plates adamant sells.

Now what you may be thinking as calibrated...competition calibrated.
    No question that the Troy price is much easier to swallow then any of the other 2% variation variety and yes I was thinking of the competition plates as being calibrated. It's funny that Ivanko states their OM's as 2% accurate but the OMEZH's (What I own and am partial to) just simply says "+Accurate Weight" on their website as well as their vendors websites. Yes I know I can check them myself but I'm not too concerned because the only thing that matters to me is that I lift more then I did last time... If my 225# Deadlift was really only 223.8# IDGAF because the next time I lift I will either get more reps or be doing it with another pair of 1.25's, 2.5's or even 5# Plates so I know I'm lifting more then last time...

Workout Journal:

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If it is a concern, weigh each plate and then mark the actual weight on the plate.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    If it is a concern, weigh each plate and then mark the actual weight on the plate.
    As stated it really isn't a concern... More so curiosity about the choice of wording by Ivanko and what it actually means... I use the same plates every time I lift and pretty much in the same order because that's how I unrack and re-rack them since I'm not competing my lifting is simply based on the relative difference from the last time I lifted. I either lifted more, less or the same as last time and thus I can still measure progress or lack there of.

Workout Journal:

dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by brucedelaney View Post
    ... I use the same plates every time I lift and pretty much in the same order because that's how I unrack and re-rack them since I'm not competing my lifting is simply based on the relative difference from the last time I lifted. I either lifted more, less or the same as last time and thus I can still measure progress or lack there of.
    I too believe that progressive overload still remains intact as long as you are using the same plates every workout regardless if they are accurate or not.

HOWEVER... you should at the least be aware if they are "balanced"..... When I was using an old Cap set which consisted of whatever I could scrape together from various sources, I always figured the weight was probably off. But when I decided to weigh them one day, my 45's ranged from anywhere from 44 - 48.5 LBS! Yes. I had a 48.5 Pounder and it always got racked on the same side of the cage.
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #64 ▪█──────█▪
    ▪()()-----()()▪ York Barbell Club #83 (DD) ▪()()-----()()▪
    ▪▪█─────█▪▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #83 ▪▪█─────█▪▪
    ▪[M]===[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #14 ▪[M]===[6]▪

Seeking: Knowledge

joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000)
    You now got two things I want in 2016. The PBCK and those Troy plates.

I shall be anxiously waiting for the pics. Jergens is on standby.
    Bar and rack were delivered today - just waiting to have the plates delivered sometime next week hopefully.

I wasn't very happy about how poorly that bar was shipped, but I was lucky it arrived unscathed.
    I dont have much experience comparing this to much, but the knurling isn't nearly as bad as I had expected. Its very comfortable. Spin is great and at this point, Im happy with my decision.

The rack boxes were packaged really well, I popped them open quick and everything looks great. I won't get around to putting that together for another week or week and a half. I still have to frame the walls for the gym, epoxy the floor and drywall the walls first. I am pretty excited though!

This also came in (dont mind the dog haha):
    Funniest Crew

joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000) joem1cha3l is just really nice. (+1000)
    And the start of something special begins

Concrete will get etched tomorrow or Thursday evening. Then the epoxy floor coating goes down. Walls will go up, sheetrock on the new walls and ceiling. I think I'm going to leave the two concrete walls exposed for now. Im thinking it might give the gym more of an "industrial" feel. Who knows....

Then the mats go down, tv gets mounted, speakers and mirrors go up and equipment gets moved in. Im on vacation for 2 weeks after Wednesday so I'm thinking I should be able to get it done before I go back to work. I'll document it here for anyone that cares ha (if anyone).

The gym will be a finished size of 26' L x 13' W.

We just built our house last year so I'm fortunate enough to have a wide open 1500 sqft basement to work with.
    Funniest Crew

dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great space to work with. No ceiling issues. Pipes, vents etc. Why Epoxy coat the floor if mats will be covering it?

Originally Posted by dieselmike View Post
    Great space to work with. No ceiling issues. Pipes, vents etc. Why Epoxy coat the floor if mats will be covering it?
    I just like that nice clean feel. Im a particularly clean person and Im not so sure just a mopped concrete floor will give me what I'm looking for. Im going to start with (4) 4' x 6' mats from TSC so there will be about 2/3 of the concrete that is exposed. The mats are going under and around the rack.
    Funniest Crew

Professional grade Epoxy coating is awesome when done right. Makes sense what you are saying now that the entire floor won't be covered. I will be following the progression of this project.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You should document and start a new thread to show the progression of the space and the set-up of your equipment.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Congrats on the purchase Peter.
    Thanks guys for helping me out with my purchases. I didn't even cry that much ($$), just once, and I'm sure I will never need to buy again, nor cry again. I'll post in another thread my modest home gym.

Joey (OP), you did good on your purchases! You're gonna love the raw look of these plates! It'll look good in your "industrial" looking basement! I was just telling my GF how I like the industrial look of my stuff just before reading your thread. Not just gym equipment, but cars, watches, bikes... I saw the basement pic and it made me jealous and miss living in NY where houses have basements (here in CA I have my gym in the dining room. but in the summer will build a room in my patio). Myself, I love the look of the cinderblocks exposed. Gives the "I don't give a sh--" look; just want to build muscles. I don't even like going to gyms that look too polished. Maybe you could do all the walls with sheet rock but have one wall covered with bricks, so it looks like a loft? Or have the brick wall look like the sheet rock started falling apart, like below...couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, but you get the idea.

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_j3hByy-****c/TLxq92JTvPI/AAAAAAAAAIM/QuOiY4r0_y0/s400/exposed_brick_03.png[/img]