chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

When to try 5/3/1?

I need some advice on what to try next. Some history:

I'm 225 lbs at about 25% fb. Last May I started lifting again after several years away (im 39 yrs old). I started with SS in May and did that for about 2 months until I started with some aches and pains. Then I switched to Mad Cow 5x5 and for the most part, I'm pain free.

Current 5 rep max:

Squat 245
    Bench 250
    Row 185
    DL 350
    Standing OH press 185

Ive reset almost every movement twice. And decreased the weekly percentage increase. Then I got stuck on almost everything again. I could add weight, but my form was suffering. For the last two weeks I have been doing the same movements but with higher reps at 60-75% of my 5rm just to buy some time until whats next.

After reading a good bit about Wendler's 5/3/1, I wonder If it could be a good fit for me. I can only make it to the gym 3 days a week. Oh, and yes I've been eating. I'm at a 300-350 cal surplus on average. My only disadvantage (other than age), is sleep. Most days I only get 6.5 hours and 8.5/day on the weekend. There is nothing I can do about that, at least not right now. I'm about to bite the bullet and pick up the book, just looking for some reassurance.
    Chuck Hayen