BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Low-Bar is not a Squat?

Read some articles stating low bar is not a squat, was like wtf u wut said wut? Whatever pisses me off tho, also people who judge not going to depth on a low bar christ.
    They said good mornings was more of a squat than low bar. FUk
    Granted I could have never gotten stronger on squats without low bar, but read good mornings are more effective.
    Thoughts, articles? Also some pro lifters here seem to only do high bar and never even tried low bar. I try sometimes to do a atg low bar but I end up slightly pushing the bar up my back just because it's impossible without doing so.
    Last edited by BtchW8; 12-12-2015 at 04:58 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Of course it's a squat

There are however, a lot of similarities with the deadlift. This is a good article:

http://www.strengtheory.com/help-squat-catch-deadlift/

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by BtchW8 View Post
    Read some articles stating low bar is not a squat,
    Then, What Is It?

If it's not a squat, the what is it? Would a Front Squat, Lunge, Step Up, Sissy Squat, Hack Squat, Zercher Squat, Belt Squat, etc be a Squat?

They are ALL Squats the work the muscle differently.

This remind me of a Conventional Deadlift telling me that a Sumo Deadlift isn't a real Deadlift.

They said good mornings was more of a squat than low bar.
    Good Morning Squat

There actually is what one might term a "Good Morning Squat". It's a prime example of how NOT to Squat.

The "Good Morning Squat" occurs with a lifter leg drive stop and the weight is shifted forward for the posterior chain back/hamstrings/glutes to finish.

With that in mind, "Does a Good Morning or a "Good Morning Squat" look like a Squat to you.

Either the person who wrote the article is clueless or you have taken some of the article out of context and we didn't get the whole story.

Also some pro lifters here
    Pro Lifters

There no lifters. The only lifters who might be considered "Pros" are Olympic Lifters who live and train at the Olympic Center in Colorado Springs and possibly some Srongmen. However, most Strongmen have day jobs because they don't make enough money from Strongman events.

Kenny Croxdale
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's a squat. Keep on squatting man. May the DOMS be forever in your favor.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good post Kenny, I hope OP takes the time to read and understand what you typed.

ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    any squat is a squat...they all have relevance and all help build strength. just squat as often as possible. mix it up.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    I try sometimes to do a atg low bar.
    Don't try that again. It isn't designed for that. The mobility needed for that is astounding and I'd be surprised if ANYONE was capable of doing it without losing a neutral spine.
    Experience, not just theory

tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yes it is a squat. You'll read a lot of stupid articles in your lifetime. Don't take all of them literally.
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep
    NPC competitor
    http://instagram.com/tastankul

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm
    ********.com/AISportsNutrition
    Newsletter: http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!

WHEY protein available in Chocolate, Cinnamon roll, Pumpkin pie, Vanilla and Mocha flavors.

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Don't try that again. It isn't designed for that. The mobility needed for that is astounding and I'd be surprised if ANYONE was capable of doing it without losing a neutral spine.
    I bet he still doesnt break parallel though with his "atg"

GhostFitnessUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All about your aims really. If you just want to get "bigger" then doesn't matter low or high. Stronger, so maybe for a powerlifting meet, then low bar might be the best idea. But saying low bar is not a squat is just BS.
    New Member of Bodybuilding.com.
    Trainee Powerlifter.
    Business owner: https://ghost-fitness.co.uk/

BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey Kenny,
    No I was not saying low-bar is not a squat, re-read what I wrote.
    The point of this thread was my impression vs what others think. I think a low bar squat is a squat, others think not.
    They think it is used to lift more weight, because others do so, and some other reasons-I did not want to read further because I was so aghast.
    But I can get more of a pump in my legs/lower back even core on a low bar than i can with any other variation-that I've tried-olympic atg, high bar, narrow, etc.

My routine is to start off with high bar warm ups-this is where I see the benefits of my work as i can see how I've been able to gradually squat more high bar, and when I get a bit heavier switch to olympic atg pause, the stretch is unreal in my lower back, and then my working heavy sets are low bar.

I've worked on my squat very seriously the past 6 months so don't bring me some bullchit about doing partials or not breaking parallel. Seriously you can go **** yourself.

Will be posting a video soon to get some critique on my squat, started last March so don't expect some pro 500 squat with perfect form, I'll probably do 325 for a double or triple just to give a good idea where I'm at.

Oh and 'pro' is used sometimes to mean someone who is good, it's a compliment, it does not always have to mean someone that makes money from their pursuits. Don't think that everything you read on the misc is a Harvard Graduate Finals paper
    Last edited by BtchW8; 12-12-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Read some articles stating low bar is not a squat, was like wtf u wut said wut? Whatever pisses me off tho, also people who judge not going to depth on a low bar christ.
    They said good mornings was more of a squat than low bar. FUk
    Granted I could have never gotten stronger on squats without low bar, but read good mornings are more effective.
    Thoughts, articles? Also some pro lifters here seem to only do high bar and never even tried low bar. I try sometimes to do a atg low bar but I end up slightly pushing the bar up my back just because it's impossible without doing so.
    What I meant with the pro lifter sentence, was more of a touch on the lifters I've seen on bb.com that lift heavy-345 high bar, I call them pro as a compliment. This was 2am tired as fuk so seriously chill out

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Hey Kenny,
    No I was not saying low-bar is not a squat, re-read what I wrote.
    The point of this thread was my impression vs what others think. I think a low bar squat is a squat, others think not.
    They think it is used to lift more weight, because others do so, and some other reasons-I did not want to read further because I was so aghast.
    Using More Weight

That definitely one of the reason that Powerlifters use a Low Bar Squat, to move more weight.

The Article

I understand that it isn't your view.

Can you post the article? I'd like to read it.

My suggestion is next time read the whole article. Reporting back on only part of what you read is like taking a "Snap Shot". It doesn't give you the whole picture.

[/quote]But I can get more of a pump in my legs/lower back even core on a low bar than i can with any other variation-that I've tried-olympic atg, high bar, narrow, etc.[/quote]

Full Squats

For increasing muscle mass, full range movement trump partial range movements.

More muscle fiber are overloaded.

Plus, the stretch placed on a muscle produces Muscle Damage, which contributes to hypertrophy.

My routine is to start off with high bar warm ups-this is where I see the benefits of my work as i can see how I've been able to gradually squat more high bar, and when I get a bit heavier switch to olympic atg pause, the stretch is unreal in my lower back, and then my working heavy sets are low bar.
    That an effective method.

Oh and 'pro' is used sometimes to mean someone who is good, it's a compliment, it does not always have to mean someone that makes money from their pursuits.
    Definition of A Professional

The true definition of "Professional" is someone who makes living from it.

If your going to rewrite the definition of words, you need to provide your own dictionary so that we can understand what you are mean.

Kenny Croxdale
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

http://nattyornot.com/the-truth-abou...ifting-squats/

I weirdly can't find the article I read but this pretty damn close. It pissed me off, alot
    Your points are totally valid, clearly we seem to be arguing the same point and you're teaching me things, so thank you.
    Last edited by BtchW8; 12-13-2015 at 12:25 PM.

GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    -Movement patterns. This is basic.
    A lot of low bar squatters do a HINGE to parallel or some hybrid of squat-hinge. Hinge and Squat are 2 different movements. This difference is shown by knee traveling forward and depth. A squat has very forward knee travel and rock bottom depth, a proper hinge has very little forward knee travel and and parallel and above depth.
    This is why low bar squatters "squat" to partial depth (parallel).

-The creation of odd lifts aka Powerlifting. All bodybuilders, Weightlifters, and physical culturists pretty much squatted one way with a barbell.
    With creation of Powerlifting and its rules, lifters use mechanical advantage and equipment to maximize the amount of weight moved.

-Parallel became the norm depth for a squat for some reason, and I think part of this is because of Powerlifting. This does not make any sense at all. Why would a human movement stop at that angle? It is not natural, your knees are at its greatest stress, the natural body's intelligence is to do a full ROM in a squat, so the legs/hips handle the load.

The low bar squat is a Competition Lift with a certain rules and equipment to maximize the most weight.
    Depending on the lifter, it is more of a hinge than a actual squat, or some lifters a hybrid leaning more towards a hinge.