Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    LonelyBrahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LonelyBrahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LonelyBrahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LonelyBrahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LonelyBrahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LonelyBrahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LonelyBrahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LonelyBrahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LonelyBrahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LonelyBrahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LonelyBrahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ironicinori View Post
    Life: Figured out
    Lol just lol @ thinking reading self-help books will help you figure out anything in life.

Originally Posted by LiftedMind View Post
    A couple things, I'm not really looking for any type of deep debate because I'm pretty certain you have your mind set on tai, but I'm interested to hear what you have to say. Could you list his scam businesses that he's involved in, as well as list any of his current sources of income?

Can you explain how his videos are him saying nothing of substance for 30 minutes. Where is the line drawn when one person is saying something of substance and another is not, what's this measurement?

I agree that many self help books are useless. But if that's a starting point for someone to better themselves, I applaud them. They will eventually find better or more useful sources of knowledge.

It's really hard to define what is life changing. That's a pretty subjective topic as it means something different to each person. Life changing doesn't have to be as big as Zuckerberg, it can be something small that gives a person a new perspective on life. I would personally say I had many life changing experiences when I was younger, reading certain books, meeting certain people. My life changed when I read "as a man thinketh", my life also changed when I became best friends with a head coach for one of canada's biggest fitness companies. I could define many other life changing experiences. I don't think you quite grasp it brah.

You're young, but keep your mind open and don't be so quick to assume! Repped for good luck
    He owns a shady dating site... I mean, just the fact that his 67 Steps is forced as a monthly subscription rings a bell. What legitimate business would rent a house in LA and a Lambo and then spam YouTube with their adverts.

If anything, his actions teach you more of a lesson than his words, that is you can make good money by scamming gullible people. Just apply his strategy in any field (How to get abs, how to pick up girls), they all follow the same template.

Make health a priority LiftedMind's Avatar
    LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sorry man, I feel bad for you for not understanding tai on a deeper level, I can't convince you otherwise. What you believe is all up to you. I hope one day you see through your own delusion and actually learn from him, if that's something you think would benefit from.

For example, what you just said about his 67 steps is absolutely ludicrous.

His 67 steps are curated from a vast array of knowledge that's he's acquired over the years and he sifted through this to deliver something that is practical yet bite sized.

Whinning about him charging monthly for it, beyond cringe man. No one is asking you to buy it.

When you go to a restaurant and get served food do you start complaining that you should get it for free? People charge money for content, services etc.

If you think he rents the lambo, that adds more to your delusion. Look into the prices of renting lambos combined with the insurance and you'll just see how inefficient that would be.

Here's how delusional you and many other people are. Lambo prices are around 1500/ day. Renting a lambo for a year would be around 500k+. Buying a lambo is around 200k, insurance is around 33k/ year. Any logical person would see how improbable it is to rent.

You can easily go through his old videos and see that he's had them for over a year.

Renting a house in LA? What in the world does that have to do with anything at all. So what If he rents it? It's very likely he owns it. But so what, what the hell does that mean? What if he owns his main pad in Hollywood and rents in la? Maybe he wants a change of pace? Your argument makes no sense at all.

His YouTube ads are Pure genious, all the new people he reaches may become buyers of his other business courses and mentor classes including the 67 steps.

The whole meme and parody of "here in my garage" that was unexpected and incredible free marketing that benefited tai. He is just laughing behind the scenes on how much that helped him. All the haters either stayed haters, or began to finally learn from his wisdom. Either way, it helped him grow substantially. No loss, pure win. He made "here in my garage" t-shirts, another genius move as that is another form of marketing when they Google the term.

So in relation to tais 67 steps let me share this with you. I read 5-6 books on sleep as well as countless articles online over the course of a few months. I slowly shifted through, and compiled that information into 23 actionable steps, and made it 100% free in my sig when I could have easily published that information into an e-book with a little more depth and charged for it. And you're whining about tai charging for his 67 steps. I feel bad for you son.

He spent years going through hundreds of books and digested that information into 67 steps. It's perfectly fair that he charges for that.

The only person here who is missing out is you. I'm not trying to roast you, just trying to help you wake up from delusion.

Your young, question everything and learn instead of wasting time hating. Good luck
    GUIDE #6 | 23 Steps to Perfect Sleep ► bit.ly/23-Sleep
    GUIDE #5 | Magic Moments ► bit.ly/MISC-5
    GUIDE #4 | Meditating ► bit.ly/MISC-4
    GUIDE #3 | Mentors ► bit.ly/MISC-3
    Healthy brain ► bit.ly/BrainGains
    Life Wisdom ► bit.ly/LifeWisdom
    301 life changing books ► bit.ly/301books
    Optimize your sleep , eat more vegetables, deepen your relationships with love, gratitude, compassion. Read more books, watch less tv (active learning vs passive). Meditate daily. Get in touch with your body & soul

Registered User StillLearningeh's Avatar
    StillLearningeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) StillLearningeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) StillLearningeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) StillLearningeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) StillLearningeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) StillLearningeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) StillLearningeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) StillLearningeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) StillLearningeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) StillLearningeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) StillLearningeh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HEY op weren't you lookin for crowdfunding cause you were gonna die or something (srs)?

edit: dont do it man

LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah mods deleted my thread and banned me but I spoke with them and got unbanned. Don't have the energy yet to think of a new plan. Haven't gone to the hospital yet.

Went out of town to my uncles place who has severe ALS and is pretty much on his last leg. We have just been sitting on his balcony talking about death and stuff. I posted my story on reddit but not sure if I can link here. Pm if you want the link.
    Optimize your sleep , eat more vegetables, deepen your relationships with love, gratitude, compassion. Read more books, watch less tv (active learning vs passive). Meditate daily. Get in touch with your body & soul

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Workid is a name known to all. (+5000) Workid is a name known to all. (+5000) Workid is a name known to all. (+5000) Workid is a name known to all. (+5000) Workid is a name known to all. (+5000) Workid is a name known to all. (+5000) Workid is a name known to all. (+5000) Workid is a name known to all. (+5000) Workid is a name known to all. (+5000) Workid is a name known to all. (+5000) Workid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    But who was PIHKAL/TIHKAL?
    ♚♚♚υк cяєω♚♚♚
    ◉◉◉Veteran Crew◉◉◉

RIP Sasha Shulgin 1925 - 2014 ❤

DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah mods deleted my thread and banned me but I spoke with them and got unbanned. Don't have the energy yet to think of a new plan. Haven't gone to the hospital yet.

Went out of town to my uncles place who has severe ALS and is pretty much on his last leg. We have just been sitting on his balcony talking about death and stuff. I posted my story on reddit but not sure if I can link here. Pm if you want the link.
    Definitely want to see this thread .....

Originally Posted by Workid View Post
    But who was PIHKAL/TIHKAL?
    That sounds like a really interesting book. Just read an overview.

Did you read it? What was the biggest take away

CobraTrapz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CobraTrapz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CobraTrapz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CobraTrapz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CobraTrapz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CobraTrapz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CobraTrapz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CobraTrapz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CobraTrapz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CobraTrapz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CobraTrapz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Owl sweaters inside her luggage you gotta love it

Originally Posted by CobraTrapz View Post
    Wasting your life away with yet another useless post when you could be: helping someone, reading a book to better yourself, doing something that contributes to bettering yourself more than the person you were yesterday.

If posts like brings you happiness and you don't think you're stuck in a less than beneficial habit, keep it up.

Excel file of the book list if anyone needs it.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...WdlUHhOb1gzd0U

Bumpity

vhorde is just really nice. (+1000) vhorde is just really nice. (+1000) vhorde is just really nice. (+1000) vhorde is just really nice. (+1000) vhorde is just really nice. (+1000) vhorde is just really nice. (+1000) vhorde is just really nice. (+1000) vhorde is just really nice. (+1000) vhorde is just really nice. (+1000) vhorde is just really nice. (+1000) vhorde is just really nice. (+1000)
    Havent read Psycho-Cybernetics? Check it out

joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    just here in my gaarage ! lol

awesome list liftedmind ! there is a lot of good book recommendations in this thread. thanks guys
    "Cowards die many times before their death. The valiant taste death but only once."
    ~~ William Shakespeare

Originally Posted by joshrain View Post
    just here in my gaarage ! lol

awesome list liftedmind ! there is a lot of good book recommendations in this thread. thanks guys
    KNAWLAGE

Thanks breh, and just to think that's a small list of the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of books out there. But the thing about some of those books in the list was that they were recommended over and over again from big influencers.

Good to remind ourselves that not all books are worth reading, and that its important to do a bit of filtering / research.

Glad you enjoy

Originally Posted by vhorde View Post
    Haven't, read reviews and it looks pretty good. Biggest take away for you?

DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by vhorde View Post
    Is the Psycho-Cybernetics book you are referring to this?

Just finished it and it has some good things in it, but is quite old (with a few things he says being outdated).

A combination that covers it better is 4 hour work week - Tim Ferris + Waking Up - Sam Harris

A few things he talks about are to do with meditation (some dzogchen) without ever classifying it as that (as he is a christian and this I think was from before meditation got big in NA). In Waking Up I feel Psycho-Cybernetics techniques are explained much better and gives you a neuroscience point of view.
    Last edited by DJE88; 12-13-2015 at 02:56 PM.

keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Love this thread, I just read as a man thinketh....good vibes in here, will contribute later. Cheers OP

Originally Posted by keels141 View Post
    Love this thread, I just read as a man thinketh....good vibes in here, will contribute later. Cheers OP

It's such a simple and powerful book, 10/10.

What was the big take away for you?

cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lnvictus View Post
    Why are most about pseudoscience chit like law of attraction?
    far from it.
    The mind is a powerful thing, you quite literally create your own reality, but it first has to be a thought in your brain.
    Any book that expands your consciousness is priceless, few people realize how beneficial it can be to expand your consciousness
    5'8 Master race crew
    5'8 210 9%
    405x3 B/500x3 High bar Sq (beltless)/620 dead (beltless)
    Misc's biggest natty.
    2016 NPC Atlantic State Junior Overall Champ+top 3 LHW
    Contest Prep/Diet/Supplement Coach

Originally Posted by cannonhand7 View Post
    far from it.
    The mind is a powerful thing, you quite literally create your own reality, but it first has to be a thought in your brain.
    Any book that expands your consciousness is priceless, few people realize how beneficial it can be to expand your consciousness
    Yes these words are true.

Your experience of reality is a function of biology through time.

The degree in which you experience reality is a feedback loop of environmental factors interacting with your biology and your biology interacting with the environment.

You can literally shape your reality by manipulating this feedback loop.

There are extreme levels of consciousness that few(small % of the population, could be millions though) have tapped into, but they exist. I was fortunate enough to begin to enter my own peak realm for a brief period of time.

If I had the chance to live another life, I'd live my life over as a Buddhist monk and spend my days in meditation. Anyone who's experienced a level or two of jhana knows how profound meditation can be. I'd love to live a life exploring that more deeply.

brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    brb reading 301 books

brb wasting like 2000 hours of my life instead of actually doing something

Originally Posted by brodiddly View Post
    brb reading 301 books

brb wasting like 2000 hours of my life instead of actually doing something
    Brb you read a book and then take action on what you learned. Or, you read a book for enjoyment and the experience of learning something new and thought provoking.

Who's to say that reading books is a waste of time compared to doing things? There is no answer or truth to that, the key is to find what brings enjoyment whether that's reading books or exploring the world.

I think you're not actually doing something with useless posts like that. But who am I to say that?

Video that is directly related to the topic I was referring to in post #112

keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's such a simple and powerful book, 10/10.

What was the big take away for you?
    So true, I read it in a few hours and it really changed my perspective. It reinforced what I already knew, but it is truly amazing to realise that you can change your entire universe by just a change of thought. That is literally all we are.

I have seen a few comments on "pseudoscience BS, why would I waste my time reading this blah blah blah" and I feel sorry for these dudes. They are trapped by their own thinking and don't realise there is an escape there. I am as sceptical as the next person, but it is very powerful stuff all of this. Changing your thinking can change your world, and that is not just a clich or a platitude.

I have struggled with depression and anxiety, but a tough life is a blessing in a way as it can force you to change your thinking and not accept the status quo. Anyway, I will be getting some time off in the coming months, so I can hopefully delve into this stuff a bit further.

BTW, below is some readings I can add to the list if I may be so bold:

- Emerson essay on Self-reliance

- "Walden (life in the woods)" Henry David Thoreau

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This thread has officially turned into a Spirit Science thread.
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

Originally Posted by iloveus View Post
    This thread has officially turned into a Spirit Science thread.
    I approve of this video greatly, very aligned with most of the things that were said. The last part about the water changing its frozen structure based on thoughts needs more evidence. I'm not dismissing the idea, but there must be a repeatable explanation as to how that changes the water structure.

Repped, amazing sig. Keep it up!

DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000) DJE88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    honestly where do I find friends that live by this kind of stuff? Over the last year I have let all my relationships dwindle to nothing as I find it hard listening to average joes talk about literally garbage (and refuse to change themselves) when you have podcasts with the brightest minds in the world exchanging ideas.

All I want to do is evolve myself and others in every way possible, watching videos on neuroscience/astronomy/theoretical physics/biology and live by and connect these new discoveries (basically everything to do with our existence), program to create things that will benefit all of humanity(what i spend most of my days doing/learning now).

Have gone pretty much into complete solitude (am still active 7 days a week but talk to no one). Maybe one day a month I have a conversation that is more then small talk. Have looked alittle on meetup but can't find any groups that look good

Originally Posted by DJE88 View Post
    honestly where do I find friends that live by this kind of stuff? Over the last year I have let all my relationships dwindle to nothing as I find it hard listening to average joes talk about literally garbage (and refuse to change themselves) when you have podcasts with the brightest minds in the world exchanging ideas.

All I want to do is evolve myself and others in every way possible, watching videos on neuroscience/astronomy/theoretical physics/biology and live by and connect these new discoveries (basically everything to do with our existence), program to create things that will benefit all of humanity(what i spend most of my days doing/learning now).

Have gone pretty much into complete solitude (am still active 7 days a week but talk to no one). Maybe one day a month I have a conversation that is more then small talk. Have looked alittle on meetup but can't find any groups that look good
    Why couldn't we have been friends last year? That's exactly what I was looking for.

My dream was to build a group of 5-10 highly intellectual people, who built businesses together, ate the best foods to fuel our minds, exercised efficiently to grow synapses & develop the brain, and then spend time learning all sorts of deep topics that will radically improve peoples lives & humanity, and get that message out there while building businesses. All the while aging beautifully into old age with excellent health and lifestyle practices. I dreamed of delegating all the simple life tasks like food prep etc, so I could focus on action and growth. Gotta rest and live a little, but you get the idea.

Bumping thread to spread knowledge awareness.

Don't forget audio books are a great parallel to physical books. Having the author read the book can provide a different kind of essence.