Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 1690
    mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Von Brawn View Post
    No. Aldo needs a significant time period off before he engages in any combat training. In his last two fights he's been dropped a couple times by an average striker and KO'd dead by Conor.

IDK what I'd do if I saw Max Holloway KTFO Jose Aldo.

If you're a true fan, you'll push for his time to recover.
    I'm not convinced that a 6 months vs a longer layoff significantly affects one's ability to take a shot. Or the time needed to recover the brain after a knockout. I know Roach had Pacquiao sit out for a year but Manny really got knocked dead. Aldo got put out but he wasn't out like Manny was out.

We know so little about the brain that it's entirely possible that getting one's bell rung a few times in a win and then fighting again 6 months later is worse than getting putting out quick but not taking any other damage otherwise. If there was more definitive information that a 6 month turnaround isn't enough for a full recovery than I would agree with you.

I honestly think Aldo needs to stay as active as possible. He's been fighting way too infrequently over the last several years. These lengthy layoffs have to be a disadvantage.

FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tfw fortune cookie at lunch tells you "If the odds are good, take that risk you've been considering" so you put a grand on McGregor and he KO's aldo in 13 seconds

CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mistahAIM View Post
    I'm not convinced that a 6 months vs a longer layoff significantly affects one's ability to take a shot. Or the time needed to recover the brain after a knockout. I know Roach had Pacquiao sit out for a year but Manny really got knocked dead. Aldo got put out but he wasn't out like Manny was out.

We know so little about the brain that it's entirely possible that getting one's bell rung a few times in a win and then fighting again 6 months later is worse than getting putting out quick but not taking any other damage otherwise. If there was more definitive information that a 6 month turnaround isn't enough for a full recovery than I would agree with you.

I honestly think Aldo needs to stay as active as possible. He's been fighting way too infrequently over the last several years. These lengthy layoffs have to be a disadvantage.
    I agree, I think Aldo should have a few warmup fights to adjust to the IV ban and just to get back into fighting generally. Considering he didn't take much damage but maybe a concussion from last night's fight, I think he should be able to fight within the next 3 months or so. But it's all up to whether or not he wants to continue after losing like that.

Power Level: Over 9000 Workout4ever's Avatar
    Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wake_me View Post
    Can someone explain (logically) why Cain would get a rematch after being 1-shot KO'd by JDS, but not Aldo?
    cain wasn't given an immediate rematch, he ko'ed bigfoot then got the rematch

I thought so too, had to look it up

Unless he got hurt? don't quite remember

Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not convinced that a 6 months vs a longer layoff significantly affects one's ability to take a shot. Or the time needed to recover the brain after a knockout.
    Who gives a fuk what you're convinced about? The science on TBI is out there for those who wish to research. Aldo needs significant time off.

I know Roach had Pacquiao sit out for a year but Manny really got knocked dead. Aldo got put out but he wasn't out like Manny was out.
    A KO is a KO. The brain swelling and tissue damage is what determines the extent of injury, not how the fighter looked when they were down.

Not to mention in MMA, those extra grounded hammerfists don't allow the head any room to roll with the shot. Aldo absorbed two flush shots to the chin

We know so little about the brain that it's entirely possible that getting one's bell rung a few times in a win and then fighting again 6 months later is worse than getting putting out quick but not taking any other damage otherwise.
    Reverse engineering the brain is different from understanding / diagnosing / treating traumatic brain injuries

It's all bad, this is combat sports. No amount of TBI is a good thing. Aldo was dropped a couple times versus a guy he would have KTFO of quick years ago. Now he was put to sleep the next fight. Safe to say his brain needs a break.

If there was more definitive information that a 6 month turnaround isn't enough for a full recovery than I would agree with you.
    You don't know what you're talking about (srs)

Look up JRE with Ronda Patrick and Mark Gordon. Begin your research there.

For sure lengthy layoffs play into a huge disadvantage.

Being an active fighter after two back to back performances with guaranteed brain injury is unfathomably stupid. The fact that you would even recommend such a thing lets me know you haven't been a fight fan for long.

mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistahAIM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Who gives a fuk what you're convinced about? The science on TBI is out there for those who wish to research. Aldo needs significant time off.

A KO is a KO. The brain swelling and tissue damage is what determines the extent of injury, not how the fighter looked when they were down.

Not to mention in MMA, those extra grounded hammerfists don't allow the head any room to roll with the shot. Aldo absorbed two flush shots to the chin

Reverse engineering the brain is different from understanding / diagnosing / treating traumatic brain injuries

It's all bad, this is combat sports. No amount of TBI is a good thing. Aldo was dropped a couple times versus a guy he would have KTFO of quick years ago. Now he was put to sleep the next fight. Safe to say his brain needs a break.

You don't know what you're talking about (srs)

Look up JRE with Ronda Patrick and Mark Gordon. Begin your research there.

For sure lengthy layoffs play into a huge disadvantage.

Being an active fighter after two back to back performances with guaranteed brain injury is unfathomably stupid. The fact that you would even recommend such a thing lets me know you haven't been a fight fan for long.
    Where is the science that 6 months off versus 12 months off makes a medical difference? At the end of the day, these guys are combat athletes who risk brain injury every time they go out. It's part of the territory. Worried about your brain? Don't fight period.

Please tell me why you're acting like you're familiar with the research on brain injury? What makes you so confident that a KO is a KO from a medical standpoint? Traumatic brain injury isn't nearly as well understood as you make it seem.

Edit: And I listened to the Ronda Patrick podcasts. ALl three. She doesn't say jack chit about recovering from knockouts or the time frame. And neither does Mark Gordon. You're just talking out of your ass, fam.
    Last edited by mistahAIM; 12-13-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Where is the science that 6 months off versus 12 months off makes a medical difference?
    Are you serious? What is the first thing any Dr. recommends if you have a concussion? No contact. The amount of time needed to heal depends on injury / athlete / recovery practices.

At the end of the day, these guys are combat athletes who risk brain injury every time they go out. It's part of the territory. Worried about your brain? Don't fight period.
    Just bleed and fight every 3 weeks or don't fight pussy!!!

Or they can take an intelligent approach instead of a dumbass one.

Please tell me why you're acting like you're familiar with the research on brain injury?
    Having researched brain injury, the recovery process, listening and reading texts from experts in the field. I gave you a jump off point too.

What makes you so confident that a KO is a KO from a medical standpoint?

Traumatic brain injury isn't nearly as well understood as you make it seem.
    I didn't say it was understood completely or even near completion. I differenciated bw how much science has learned about the entire brain and diagnosing and treating TBI.

XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No. Aldo needs a significant time period off before he engages in any combat training. In his last two fights he's been dropped a couple times by an average striker and KO'd dead by Conor.

IDK what I'd do if I saw Max Holloway KTFO Jose Aldo.

If you're a true fan, you'll push for his time to recover.

There's only one Conor McGregor

He'll be the first two division active champion
    Agreed.

Conor RUNS ****ing Zuffa. He has the company by the balls. What he says and wants, he gets, period.

And Conor vs Cowboy at 155 for the title is a HUGE money fight regardless. That fight would be ****ing sick, on the levels of Condit vs Lawler and IF it happens, Conor McGregor will be a two weight champion. Conor will fight Cowboy if he wins, else he'll just fight Edgar at 145.

ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hammercurl View Post

i gotta say he has handled winning well, been level headed. however i do not think its right he gets a titleshot at 155 just because he asked for it. can any other champ walk straight into a title fight at 145 without going through the ranks?
    When you're a cash cow and the face of the company, you pretty much call the shots.

kathebrahl is just really nice. (+1000) kathebrahl is just really nice. (+1000) kathebrahl is just really nice. (+1000) kathebrahl is just really nice. (+1000) kathebrahl is just really nice. (+1000) kathebrahl is just really nice. (+1000) kathebrahl is just really nice. (+1000) kathebrahl is just really nice. (+1000) kathebrahl is just really nice. (+1000) kathebrahl is just really nice. (+1000) kathebrahl is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah from now on every fighter that gets knocked out has to take a year off

Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    one is not like the other

Craiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Craiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Craiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Craiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Craiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Craiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Craiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Craiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Craiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Craiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Craiz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
    When you're a cash cow and the face of the company, you pretty much call the shots.
    Connor is not calling the shots. Zuffa has always had Connor by the balls and move him around as a chess piece.

Dana White paid for his training camps. Paid for Connors whole team to be able to stay State Side. Connor wouldn't nearly be the golden boy as he is where he is if the company wasn't backing him like they do. For f sakes he was ranked 7 and beat rank 10 to get a title shot. UFC has shown the be able to hype anyone they want. They fooled half the world into thinking Ronda could beat Mayweather in a fight. Connor is nothing but a gear in the machine that can be replaced. If he vanished they would just hype someone else and leap frog them into title contention too.

weddingsoup is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weddingsoup is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weddingsoup is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weddingsoup is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weddingsoup is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weddingsoup is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weddingsoup is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weddingsoup is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weddingsoup is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weddingsoup is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weddingsoup is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i'm not enjoying these aldo memes. ronda deserved to be humiliated after her loss, but aldo deserves some respect.
    **average penis crew**

[ ] cutting
    [ ] bulking
    [x] jerking

JohnDoeBrah is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeBrah is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeBrah is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeBrah is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeBrah is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeBrah is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeBrah is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeBrah is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeBrah is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeBrah is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ISurfNudeBrah View Post
    Lmfaooo. McGOAT does it again
    Fearless men who jump and die
    10SFG

Are you serious? What is the first thing any Dr. recommends if you have a concussion? No contact. The amount of time needed to heal depends on injury / athlete / recovery practices.

Just bleed and fight every 3 weeks or don't fight pussy!!!

Or they can take an intelligent approach instead of a dumbass one.

Having researched brain injury, the recovery process, listening and reading texts from experts in the field. I gave you a jump off point too.

I didn't say it was understood completely or even near completion. I differenciated bw how much science has learned about the entire brain and diagnosing and treating TBI.
    You don't think I realize no contact is recommended? Again, what are you going by that tells you 6 months in between a knockout is appreciably worse for the brain than 12 months? Just because it sounds like it's right in your mind doesn't make it so. There are so many factors involved in extent of brain injury sustained in MMA. Repeated sub-concussive blows can potentially be worse but I highly doubt you take issue with a fighter fighting 3 times a year.

And your "jump off point" was BS. You were banking on me not having listened to those podcasts but I did. I listened to the Ronda Patrick ones more than once. I don't recall anything about different time scales involved in brain injury recovery. You're just trying to sound more informed on the subject than you actually are.

And you're completely mischaracterizing my position. Just because you heard Joe Rogan suggest fighters take long periods off after a knockout and Pacquiao-Roach you for some reason think you've arrived at the well-reasoned conclusion that Aldo should DEFINITELY take a year off and coming back after a few months of zero contact and fighting 6 months after a knockout is a "JUST BLEED" attitude. Gimme a break.

Don't even know why you're mentioning the Mendes fight. That was 14 months before the Conor one. Edgar got his head scrambled in two consecutive fights against Maynard that were 8 months apart and he's been performing just fine since.

joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cain slaughtered Big Foot to earn the rematch. It wasn't immediate.

The person that's really getting phucked is Edgar. Apparently Conor is gonna fight the winner of RDA/Cowboy and might never cut back down to 145 again. It's a winnable fight for Edgar with a nice david vs goliath dynamic.
    This makes sense edgar lost after his rematch with Benson then faught aldo for the belt but now he's getting phucked by dana might as well let him figbt northcutt

RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wake_me View Post
    Can someone explain (logically) why Cain would get a rematch after being 1-shot KO'd by JDS, but not Aldo?
    Cain didn't get an immediate rematch. He went out and wrecked Big Foot, while JDS toasted Mir, then they fought again.
    Deathstroke and I list our most hilariously awful WCW moments (lots of gifs & vids; expect load time):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168458963

"You can't beat mah prices, but you can beat mah meat." - Dusty Rhodes

Originally Posted by weddingsoup View Post
    i'm not enjoying these aldo memes. ronda deserved to be humiliated after her loss, but aldo deserves some respect.
    agreed but it's the internets, anything goes ...

Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    https://streamable.com/yfai

Rogan: Look how smooth his body looks.
    Producer 1: Yeah, he looks good, huh Joe?
    Rogan: No, he looks soft.
    Producer 1: Oh he does?
    Rogan: Yeah, he looks soft.
    Producer 2: I agree Joe, i agree.
    Producer 1: Around the middle you're saying?
    Producer 2: Yep, yep, he looks soft.
    Rogan: He looks deflated.
    Producer 2: He looks soft, actually. You're right.
    Rogan: He looks way different. But it could be that he's done a lot of cardio. Don't want to jump to conclusions. (producers talking about technical **** here, losing signal etc)
    Producer 1: Who do you like Joe?
    Rogan: Right now? I think I like Conor.
    Producer 1: Same here.
    Rogan: Aldo looks nervous as **** too

killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000)
    Where is the science that 6 months off versus 12 months off makes a medical difference? At the end of the day, these guys are combat athletes who risk brain injury every time they go out. It's part of the territory. Worried about your brain? Don't fight period.

Please tell me why you're acting like you're familiar with the research on brain injury? What makes you so confident that a KO is a KO from a medical standpoint? Traumatic brain injury isn't nearly as well understood as you make it seem.

Edit: And I listened to the Ronda Patrick podcasts. ALl three. She doesn't say jack chit about recovering from knockouts or the time frame. And neither does Mark Gordon. You're just talking out of your ass, fam.
    I hate people like you, "oh traumatic brain injury is apart of the sport, they should go risk their lives even further so untrained kents like me can enjoy their efforts and then talk **** after". It doesn't take a researcher or a PHD to assume that an injury of any kind (whether a tear, sprain, break, etc.) would heal better in 12 months vs 6, or 3.
    .___.0_0_0.
    [__l;[_____];
    l__\__L-OllllO-]
    ()_)--()_)--)_)
    JEEP CREW

skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Workout4ever View Post
    one is not like the other

Why is she on the cover should be stripped off it and replaced with holly
    Atheist Conservative Crew

You don't think I realize no contact is recommended? Again, what are you going by that tells you 6 months in between a knockout is appreciably worse for the brain than 12 months? Just because it sounds like it's right in your mind doesn't make it so. There are so many factors involved in extent of brain injury sustained in MMA. Repeated sub-concussive blows can potentially be worse but I highly doubt you take issue with a fighter fighting 3 times a year.

And your "jump off point" was BS. You were banking on me not having listened to those podcasts but I did. I listened to the Ronda Patrick ones more than once. I don't recall anything about different time scales involved in brain injury recovery. You're just trying to sound more informed on the subject than you actually are.
    My friend, you are frighteningly stupid.

You said Aldo should turn around and fight 6 months after he got KO'd stiff.

Which means he goes into training camp with full contact much before that.

After years of being a dominant champion, Jose Aldo started dropping from shots he would not have in the second Mendes fight. He got dropped dead yday.

I don't need to be an MRI to tell you his brain needs time to recoop. Does he need 6 months no contact? Does he need 6.5? Does he need 7? Does he need 2 years? That can only be told by monitoring his condition and measuring his recovery.

6 months no contact is a standard. They recommended Ronda 6 months off and she hasn't suffered 1/10th of the TBI Aldo has.

And you're completely mischaracterizing my position. Just because you heard Joe Rogan suggest fighters take long periods off after a knockout and Pacquiao-Roach you for some reason think you've arrived at the well-reasoned conclusion that Aldo should DEFINITELY take a year off and coming back after a few months of zero contact and fighting 6 months after a knockout is a "JUST BLEED" attitude. Gimme a break.
    Says I'm putting words in his mouth.

Proceeds to put words into my mouth.

Where did I say he should take any definite amount of time off? I said he should take AT LEAST 6 months no contact. Everything else should be determined by measuring his condition and monitoring its recovery.

You want him to fight in 6 months. Which means a training camp around the corner.

Don't even know why you're mentioning the Mendes fight. That was 14 months before the Conor one.
    There are well documented cases of TBI not healing for years. Do you think everything goes back to zero % damage after some rest? This isn't a video game

Edgar got his head scrambled in two consecutive fights against Maynard that were 8 months apart and he's been performing just fine since.
    This just in: everyone has different brains. Everyone has different rates of damage, take shots differently and require individualistic recovery programs.

You're hung up on time frame of 6 months versus a year off. Both these numbers initially came from you.

I said Aldo needs a significant time off with no contact after the damage he's taken.

I'm done arguing with you however. You're divorced from logic, fueled by emotions and have too much time on your hands.

Further reading:

Mindstorms: Living with Traumatic Brain Injury by John W. Cassidy MD

&

Head injury by Audrey Daisley

Originally Posted by killermike View Post
    I hate people like you, "oh traumatic brain injury is apart of the sport, they should go risk their lives even further so untrained kents like me can enjoy their efforts and then talk **** after". It doesn't take a researcher or a PHD to assume that an injury of any kind (whether a tear, sprain, break, etc.) would heal better in 12 months vs 6, or 3.
    You phucking idiot. If I actually thought it made a difference than I would be all for it. But I don't. As far we're concerned it's pretty much unfalsifiable. Aldo goes out in 6 months and KO'd and people will say it's because he came back too quickly. Meanwhile we have no way of knowing if the same exact connection wouldn't have knocked him out if he came back 12 months later instead.

Is 18 month off to recover better than 12? Why not two years? Does the brain recover in a linear fashion after a knockout? Or does it simply recover as best as it will after a certain period of time past which point it will not make a difference for a fighter that intends to compete again sooner or later? That's my point. You guys saying that Aldo needs to take a year off are talking out of your asses.

Staying active is probably the best thing for him. Fighting once a year is just gonna have him perform even worse and might even result in more brain damage and heartache. This chit isn't as black and white as you're making it.

Phuck you for assuming that I'm only considering my ownentertainment. I wish nothing but the best for Aldo. And I don't think taking 12 months off until his next fight is that.

killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000) killermike is just really nice. (+1000)
    You phucking idiot. If I actually thought it made a difference than I would be all for it. But I don't. As far we're concerned it's pretty much unfalsifiable. Aldo goes out in 6 months and KO'd and people will say it's because he came back too quickly. Meanwhile we have no way of knowing if the same exact connection wouldn't have knocked him out if he came back 12 months later instead.

Is 18 month off to recover better than 12? Why not two years? Does the brain recover in a linear fashion after a knockout? Or does it simply recover as best as it will after a certain period of time past which point it will not make a difference for a fighter that intends to compete again sooner or later? That's my point. You guys saying that Aldo needs to take a year off are talking out of your asses.

Staying active is probably the best thing for him. Fighting once a year is just gonna have him perform even worse and might even result in more brain damage and heartache. This chit isn't as black and white as you're making it.

Phuck you for assuming that I'm only considering my ownentertainment. I wish nothing but the best for Aldo. And I don't think taking 12 months off until his next fight is that.
    Before I proceed to further debate this topic with you, may I ask a question? Have you ever engaged in any athletic activity in your life?
    .___.0_0_0.
    [__l;[_____];
    l__\__L-OllllO-]
    ()_)--()_)--)_)
    JEEP CREW

My friend, you are frighteningly stupid.

You said Aldo should turn around and fight 6 months after he got KO'd stiff.

Which means he goes into training camp with full contact much before that.

After years of being a dominant champion, Jose Aldo started dropping from shots he would not have in the second Mendes fight. He got dropped dead yday.

I don't need to be an MRI to tell you his brain needs time to recoop. Does he need 6 months no contact? Does he need 6.5? Does he need 7? Does he need 2 years? That can only be told by monitoring his condition and measuring his recovery.

6 months no contact is a standard. They recommended Ronda 6 months off and she hasn't suffered 1/10th of the TBI Aldo has.

Says I'm putting words in his mouth.

Proceeds to put words into my mouth.

Where did I say he should take any definite amount of time off? I said he should take AT LEAST 6 months no contact. Everything else should be determined by measuring his condition and monitoring its recovery.

You want him to fight in 6 months. Which means a training camp around the corner.

There are well documented cases of TBI not healing for years. Do you think everything goes back to zero % damage after some rest? This isn't a video game

This just in: everyone has different brains. Everyone has different rates of damage, take shots differently and require individualistic recovery programs.

You're hung up on time frame of 6 months versus a year off. Both these numbers initially came from you.

I said Aldo needs a significant time off with no contact after the damage he's taken.

I'm done arguing with you however. You're divorced from logic, fueled by emotions and have too much time on your hands.

Further reading:

Mindstorms: Living with Traumatic Brain Injury by John W. Cassidy MD

&

Head injury by Audrey Daisley
    Let's not name-call. I haven't insulted you once.

1) Aldo ate a monster uppercut from Mendes. He got dropped only once in the first round. Sure he took a good bit of damage in that fight but his chin held up perfectly. He's never been hit like that in fights before. The Conor punch had forward momentum and a perfectly clean connection. Neither fight suggests much. He fought two talented guys and got hit hard like never before. Don't know why you keep acting like he's chinny all of a sudden.

2) Aldo got KO'd. But that was literally the only damage he took in that fight. Not like Ronda for example who got lit up and then KO'd. Definitely sustained more damage. Joe Duffy got KO'd leading up to the Poirier and had a quick turnaround. This is part of the game.

3) 4 months of zero contact after a knockout. Minimal sparring early in training camp. Harder sparring later on. That's seems perfectly sensible to me. You make it sound like Aldo took a JDS type beating. He got knocked out. And he came to pretty quickly. A bad knockout but you're exaggerating the level of brain damage because it suits your argument.

4) Could've sworn you said Aldo shouldn't come back until after a year. If you didn't, my bad. Point still stands though if you're giving a minimum definite amount of time that is still fairly arbitrary.

5) Do those articles say anything about relative time frames for coming back from a knockout? Anything about 4 months of no contact versus what you're suggesting? I'm not gonna read them until you point that out for me because you already tried to pull a BS tactic with the podcast suggestions as if those were gonna clear up anything.

Don't understand the hominems, buddy. If I'm wrong prove it. Otherwise, cut the BS.

Originally Posted by killermike View Post
    Before I proceed to further debate this topic with you, may I ask a question? Have you ever engaged in any athletic activity in your life?
    I played basketball all through high school and wrestled briefly. How the phuck does that matter? Do you have an actual argument or no?
    Last edited by mistahAIM; 12-13-2015 at 02:29 PM.

EternaLovE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EternaLovE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EternaLovE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EternaLovE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EternaLovE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EternaLovE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EternaLovE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EternaLovE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EternaLovE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EternaLovE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EternaLovE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000)
    What's next for Conor? I'd say the LW belt. Get both belts ASAP. Defend both at the same time.
    'Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon.'

-Rorschach

KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HouseStarkfff View Post
    What's next for Conor? I'd say the LW belt. Get both belts ASAP. Defend both at the same time.
    McGoat want's that second belt. Just like he had in Cage Warriors.