Cjones525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advice training for npc bikini

I'm 16 weeks away from my first npc bikini comp and would like advice. Below is my plan that I have created for myself. I'm currently 5'6'm and 129 pounds and 22% bf. Any advice as to whether I am on a good plan or not would be super helpful. Thanks!
    Training
    Weight training 6 x week
    Legs (compound exercises)
    Back/bis
    Shoulders/tris
    Legs (isolated exercises)
    Back/bis
    Shoulders/tris

Abs 3 x week

Cardio 4-5 x week
    Plyo (2), hiit, stairclimber or bike, run

Diet (1500 cal)
    3 egg whites, 1 egg
    Oatmeal

Protein shake
    Banana

4oz chicken
    1/2 cup brown rice
    Broccoli

Snack

4oz chicken
    1/2 cup brown rice
    Broccoli

Supplements
    Vitagize liquid vitamins
    Liquid fish oil
    Body Fuse Bcaa's
    Lean Pro Protein powder
    Tag matrix glutamine

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do you not do any chest work? You should have a horizontal push to keep your shoulders balanced. It's hard to say more without seeing the routine.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

When researching npc bikini training online I found a lot of girls don't do too much chest to avoid getting the chest muscles physique girls do. I train all the other muscles really hard trying to consistently increase my weights but for chest I was just throwing that in randomly twice a week at a light weight ( chest press, push-ups) afraid of getting that too defined. Thanks for the advice, that makes sense!

ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good luck on your show ! Exciting stuff, comp prep. Was this a workout plan you made, found or did you have a coach put it together for you?

Always work harder.

All glory to G-d.

Never do the envy, jealousy, hater and insecure stuff. Be the hustler, the well-wisher, the go-getter

likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Summary of below: Your plan is bad. It's likely to wear you out, make you sick and bomb the competition

Your meal plan comes out to 1000 calories, fyi, way too low in calories, especially for the start of prep. Weight loss will stall and then what?
    It's also incredibly low in fat.
    And, in my personal opinion + many others', low in protein for a cut/satiation purposes.
    It's also low in volume, which may end up being another satiation problem.
    It's also extremely low in fiber, you're looking forward to 16 weeks of constipation.

Plyo is high impact and unless you're training for performance that requires jumping, there are better things to do.
    Starting a prep with 4-5 days of cardio is also setting up for a bad future. Weight loss will stall and then what?

Like partyrocking said, you're missing chest work, not that you're going to build any anytime soon with that diet, but your attitude about working the chest = automatically advanced musculature makes it sound like you aren't aware of how much time, effort and food goes into building muscle, which makes it sound like you haven't put in enough time effort and food into building even enough muscle for bikini. How long have you been lifting, bulking specifically?
    Unless your 22% was measured by DEXA, chances are you're higher, which means you'd have more fat to lose than you think, which would put your body weight too low to compete, and not give you enough time to compete anyway.

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At those stats and BF%, my best advice is to get on a long bulk (lifting with a good program too, do not make up your own stuff) and look at a comp next year or early 2017. I know people say to "do your best!" and stuff, but I have seen some scrawny and/or bad conditioned girls get on stage and literally azzhats have "boo'd" them quite loudly. I know others here have mentioned witnessing the same thing. You don't want to be that girl backstage (or onstage) in tears.

Do you have a history of training?
    Last edited by birdiefu; 12-02-2015 at 02:49 PM.
    Gym PRs:
    SQ: 360 x 1, BP: 165 x 1, DL: 330 x 2, OHP: 110 x 2

Best meet lifts (raw w/wraps):
    SQ: 365, BP: 155, DL: 350, Elite total of 870 @165

Closest thing to a log, but better cause it's vids! = www.youtube.com/user/birdiefu

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah, sorry, this plan is all kinds of a mess and you are heading for a bad time overall.

It is way too much work on way too little cals.

As a bikini competitor, you should not be doing plyo work at all. It is completely not needed, though I know its popular on Instagram. There is also a big risk of injury with plyos. The only competitor who should be doing plyo work are those in the Fitness category because of the routine elements.

Your lifting routine is not good. No professional coach or program would have you lifting 6 days a week. At most you should have is 5. Really, you don't have to hit abs 3x a week. I find most females overkill their abs anyways.

Cardio should not be so much, especially in the beginning of a prep. You want to do as little cardio as you can get away with. Cardio does not increase fat loss and is more likely to eat at the muscle in your legs/glutes which are vital to the bikini competitor look.

Your diet sucks.... big time. Overall, this is the exact kind of diet that will work short term but create long term issues, digestive, metabolic and mental. You need to be eating a big variety of foods, not just limiting it to a small list. This will lead you to binges and not being able to stay on diet for 16 weeks will not bring you in ready for show.

Yes bikini girls work their chest. You NEVER ignore a muscle group and especially if its "not important" to a show. The show is one day... imbalances that you create you carry with you 24/7.

It looks like you have done your research on social media or by following the wrong kinds of people. They may look happy in their blogs or pics, but they don't show the behind the scenes where they are hiding an eating disorder, with their metabolism in the trash and miserable.

I think you really need to get with a good coach who can set you on the right path. Doing this on your own as you have it set is going to lead you to binge eating, metabolic issues, weight rebounds... and that is just for starters.

Hell, I'm shorter and fatter than you, and my prep will start off with higher calories and less work than what you have now. Being taller and leaner, you should be able to eat more than me and not have to do that much work...

ETA: most girls your height are going to come on stage at 120 - 125... at 129 you should look close to stage ready and not 16 weeks out. If you are looking nothing like being stage ready.... then you don't have enough mass to compete without going underweight. If you go underweight to compete, with the above diet and plan... you are risking your health BIG time. At best it could create a big weight rebound 20 - 30 pounds easily, worst case you end up with hypothyroidism, fertility issues, PCOS, digestive issues, Type 2 diabetes, or other hormonal irregularities.... this is a huge health risk you take.
    Last edited by rockangel; 12-02-2015 at 03:38 PM.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Originally Posted by birdiefu View Post
    At those stats and BF%, my best advice is to get on a long bulk (lifting with a good program too, do not make up your own stuff) and look at a comp next year or early 2017. I know people say to "do your best!" and stuff, but I have seen some scrawny and/or bad conditioned girls get on stage and literally azzhats have "boo'd" them quite loudly. I know others here have mentioned witnessing the same thing. You don't want to be that girl backstage (or onstage) in tears.

Do you have a history of training?
    I have a long history of training. I have always loved lifting. I worked with a personal trainer for over a year preparing to audition for the Charger cheer team and learned a lot from that. Obviously bikini competitors have much more muscle mass, I just mean I learned my way around the gym from that training. I had a baby seven months ago and am already under pre baby weight. Thanks for the advance. Maybe I'll look to do a show at the end of next year then.

Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    Yeah, sorry, this plan is all kinds of a mess and you are heading for a bad time overall.

It is way too much work on way too little cals.

As a bikini competitor, you should not be doing plyo work at all. It is completely not needed, though I know its popular on Instagram. There is also a big risk of injury with plyos. The only competitor who should be doing plyo work are those in the Fitness category because of the routine elements.

Your lifting routine is not good. No professional coach or program would have you lifting 6 days a week. At most you should have is 5. Really, you don't have to hit abs 3x a week. I find most females overkill their abs anyways.

Cardio should not be so much, especially in the beginning of a prep. You want to do as little cardio as you can get away with. Cardio does not increase fat loss and is more likely to eat at the muscle in your legs/glutes which are vital to the bikini competitor look.

Your diet sucks.... big time. Overall, this is the exact kind of diet that will work short term but create long term issues, digestive, metabolic and mental. You need to be eating a big variety of foods, not just limiting it to a small list. This will lead you to binges and not being able to stay on diet for 16 weeks will not bring you in ready for show.

Yes bikini girls work their chest. You NEVER ignore a muscle group and especially if its "not important" to a show. The show is one day... imbalances that you create you carry with you 24/7.

It looks like you have done your research on social media or by following the wrong kinds of people. They may look happy in their blogs or pics, but they don't show the behind the scenes where they are hiding an eating disorder, with their metabolism in the trash and miserable.

I think you really need to get with a good coach who can set you on the right path. Doing this on your own as you have it set is going to lead you to binge eating, metabolic issues, weight rebounds... and that is just for starters.

Hell, I'm shorter and fatter than you, and my prep will start off with higher calories and less work than what you have now. Being taller and leaner, you should be able to eat more than me and not have to do that much work...
    Thank you for taking the time to respond. Your info was very insightful. Your correct, I have done all my research online. I should have been more clear with my diet, I do switch it up and have different kinds of meat or fish, different veggies, etc. I will look more into a coach. I will also up my cal and take out too much cardio.

My biggest mistake was doing a cal plan that is for cutting close to a show. I have to be careful getting research online.
    Thanks!

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cjones525 View Post
    I have a long history of training. I have always loved lifting. I worked with a personal trainer for over a year preparing to audition for the Charger cheer team and learned a lot from that. Obviously bikini competitors have much more muscle mass, I just mean I learned my way around the gym from that training. I had a baby seven months ago and am already under pre baby weight. Thanks for the advance. Maybe I'll look to do a show at the end of next year then.
    I take it you are in San Diego then?

If so you really should go see a competition, there is one this weekend at the Scottish rites event center.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.