Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MeetP View Post
    I have a history of spinal injury. I have tried All pro and I had to take a week off due to the amount of stress it was putting on my spine.

Strong lifts works your strength. I want both. Strength meets size has worked out nicely so far. I have been enjoying the workout I get from it.
    Are you only working your muscle groups once a week? Or more? If you're only doing it once a week, your frequency is too low and gains will be missed especially since you're still new to this.

MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fukstreet View Post
    i was under the impression you went straight from day 4 to day 1

is it really only 4 workouts a week? if so, this is a terrible plan for a beginner
    Err.. 4 workouts a week for a beginner, according to most theories, are more than enough? Need rest days for the muscles to recover, bro

broteinbro404 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dipatel13 View Post
    Are you only working your muscle groups once a week? Or more? If you're only doing it once a week, your frequency is too low and gains will be missed especially since you're still new to this.
    I agree with this, if I were you I would switch to a full body 3 times a week. Although you can still make gains on 1 muscle group 1 time per week, you will do a lot better if you hit each muscle group 2-3 times a week.
    Last edited by broteinbro404; 12-03-2015 at 07:07 AM. Reason: added infomation

MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeetP will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Watsonm5 View Post
    From what I have read and seen first hand I believe most experts might suggest you double check your TDEE for starters. You have way too much fat and not enough muscle for sure.

With that said I would seek advice on a beginners/novice workout program like Fierce 5. Do a search for it and start there. This will get you started in the right direction. Are you measuring your food? If so, what are you eating exactly?? I believe your diet me be off and too much of a surplus. Check out the Nutrition section of this website as well. Have you tried HIIT exercises? Much better calorie burn but don't over do it. BUILDING MUSCLE is most important here along with getting your MACRO's dialed in for sure. Good luck and keep us posted. Great progress so far!!
    I eat pretty darn neat. I have posted my macros in above comments. I am thorough with Emma Leigh's sticky on nutrition. I wanted to try Fierce 5 but didn't because I also wanted to look good in the mirror. Ended up adopting Justin Woltering's Strength meets Size

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Err.. 4 workouts a week for a beginner, according to most theories, are more than enough? Need rest days for the muscles to recover, bro
    Err...working each muscle group once week is NOT enough. You don't need a whole week for your muscles to recover bro. You can safely work your muscle groups 2-3x per week and be fine. Full body workout 3 days a week is probably a good plan to start with for you. Look at Fierce 5

Originally Posted by Watsonm5 View Post
    From what I have read and seen first hand I believe most experts might suggest you double check your TDEE for starters. You have way too much fat and not enough muscle for sure.

With that said I would seek advice on a beginners/novice workout program like Fierce 5. Do a search for it and start there. This will get you started in the right direction. Are you measuring your food? If so, what are you eating exactly?? I believe your diet me be off and too much of a surplus. Check out the Nutrition section of this website as well. Have you tried HIIT exercises? Much better calorie burn but don't over do it. BUILDING MUSCLE is most important here along with getting your MACRO's dialed in for sure. Good luck and keep us posted. Great progress so far!!
    Oh and thanks.. I will keep all posted as everyone's been taking a chunk of their times to attend to my queries

Originally Posted by TravelinJhwkFan View Post
    Hit those calves 4-5 times a week. They're like abs and need to be constantly hit to get gains. I know, I'm a victim of small calves genetically. They aren't huge now, but hitting them that often, I've seen nice gains.

I'd say continue a slow bulk and enjoy the nuby gains. After a year or so, start a slow cut to keep the muscle mass. I cut too early myself, and although I got lean, I should have kept bulking for more mass.

Edit: P/P/L is a nice routine as well. Been on that for almost a year, and I'll never go back to the bro-split.
    Keep bulking? With all that fat in my stomach? Man I'd hate to cut forever in order to lose the gut that I will have gained at the end of my bulk. I am really inclined to go on a cut and then start over.

Originally Posted by dipatel13 View Post
    No I hit them twice a week. Except for DLs, triceps and hams. But I guess I do get some ham work from the squats, eh?

TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Keep bulking? With all that fat in my stomach? Man I'd hate to cut forever in order to lose the gut that I will have gained at the end of my bulk. I am really inclined to go on a cut and then start over.
    I understand the want to cut, but you've already got the gut right? Slow the bulk down a bit and maybe the gut won't grow as much, while you're enjoying the gains. Just my opinion, but I was thicker for a long time, so I got use to the gunt.
    Grateful Crew - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176582681

19/26 - Robin by Dave Itzkoff

So what I take from today's discussion..

Get on a slow cut.
    BCAAs not necessary.
    Start Fierce 5.

Do let me know if there's something that can help. Time to get my hands on some iron now. Feel free to educate me further. See y'll later. Thanks all

I understand the want to cut, but you've already got the gut right? Slow the bulk down a bit and maybe the gut won't grow as much, while you're enjoying the gains. Just my opinion, but I was thicker for a long time, so I got use to the gunt.
    Man trust me this pictures were taken first thing in the morning (after the deed of course). I look even more bloated (yes I have that problem) after starting to get my meals in. I have to walk around flexing my gut a bit. Embarrasses me

TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TravelinJhwkFan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Man trust me this pictures were taken first thing in the morning (after the deed of course). I look even more bloated (yes I have that problem) after starting to get my meals in. I have to walk around flexing my gut a bit. Embarrasses me
    Ha. Completely understand, I bloat at the sight of food. I've always been broader though, so when I toss my shirt on, I still had the taper and belly didn't look as big.

Good luck with the cut! I'm subbed to see progress in a couple months.
    Grateful Crew - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176582681

19/26 - Robin by Dave Itzkoff

broteinbro404 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel you, on my first bulk, which you can see in my profile I went from 175 to 200lbs...I looked great with a shirt on but didn't want to take my shirt off. I cut back down to 180 and looked waaaayyyy better. When you are a newbie lifter those gains you made on the bulk will stay with you especially on your first cut...it's when you have been training for years that you have to worry about losing muscle on a cut.

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You had the "gut" when you were just a stick, too. Part of it is your posture and APT. But honestly you look tons better now in comparison, congrats! Do notice a bit of fat gain, but can tell you have increased your base, especially upper body. However, you still have a lot of progress to make - if you cut now you won't look at sickly as you did at first, but I doubt you would still see abs without getting too bony in other areas. What is your height?

My suggestion is not to cut now. If you are concerned about the fat adding up, I would either slow the bulk down or recomp at maintenance. It isn't like its beach season or anything - reassess in a few months and then if you still aren't happy with fat level, then cut for a bit for summer bod. The longer you can stay away from a caloric deficit, the better to cure skinny fat. This often means a lot of sloooow bulking and recomping (while on a good lifting program of course) rather than bigger bulk/cut cycles.
    Gym PRs:
    SQ: 360 x 1, BP: 165 x 1, DL: 330 x 2, OHP: 110 x 2

Best meet lifts (raw w/wraps):
    SQ: 365, BP: 155, DL: 350, Elite total of 870 @165

Closest thing to a log, but better cause it's vids! = www.youtube.com/user/birdiefu

Ha. Completely understand, I bloat at the sight of food. I've always been broader though, so when I toss my shirt on, I still had the taper and belly didn't look as big.

Good luck with the cut! I'm subbed to see progress in a couple months.
    Ah! Finally someone with same feels. I think it is safe to assume that I have broad shoulders as well which is why I have managed to conceal the belly for so long. Now it's getting out of control.

Change in plans though. I am continuing my bulk, but at a slower pace. Figured I might ruin everything when I go on holidays so it's best to keep bulking and start the cut show after getting back to business. Stay tuned though. I'll update the progress here. I'll start the cut in Feb. Got some time to gain a couple extra pounds of muscle now

Originally Posted by broteinbro404 View Post
    I feel you, on my first bulk, which you can see in my profile I went from 175 to 200lbs...I looked great with a shirt on but didn't want to take my shirt off. I cut back down to 180 and looked waaaayyyy better. When you are a newbie lifter those gains you made on the bulk will stay with you especially on your first cut...it's when you have been training for years that you have to worry about losing muscle on a cut.
    Thanks for the inspiration man! Restores some hope, really. I checked your progress pics. You've come a long way. Respect your dedication, eh..

Originally Posted by birdiefu View Post
    You had the "gut" when you were just a stick, too. Part of it is your posture and APT. But honestly you look tons better now in comparison, congrats! Do notice a bit of fat gain, but can tell you have increased your base, especially upper body. However, you still have a lot of progress to make - if you cut now you won't look at sickly as you did at first, but I doubt you would still see abs without getting too bony in other areas. What is your height?

My suggestion is not to cut now. If you are concerned about the fat adding up, I would either slow the bulk down or recomp at maintenance. It isn't like its beach season or anything - reassess in a few months and then if you still aren't happy with fat level, then cut for a bit for summer bod. The longer you can stay away from a caloric deficit, the better to cure skinny fat. This often means a lot of sloooow bulking and recomping (while on a good lifting program of course) rather than bigger bulk/cut cycles.
    APT! Always hated it. But seriously, I have paid some good attention to get rid of that. I guess now it just looks like that because I have a bigger butt? (not conceited). I am 5'6

Anyway, thanks for the encouraging words. Like I said in my above comment, I am going to continue a slow bulk until around Jan and Feb and start cutting after getting back from holidays in Feb-March.

Godspeed yeah?!..

P.S.- Do you think Fierce 5 will help me get definition?.. after cutting obviously. Or is it known to turbocharge your strength only? I would really like to stick to Strength meets Size by Justin Woltering including 8 sets of shoulder exercises and 4 sets of biceps that I have thrown in. It has worked so far