Thread: hgh

jvanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hgh

Can anyone tell me their experience with human growth hormones? are they safe and/or effective? I'm 45 and am wondering about them.

TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: hgh

Originally posted by jvanj
    Can anyone tell me their experience with human growth hormones? are they safe and/or effective? I'm 45 and am wondering about them.
    My opinion: They are safe ... they will kill you. Nothing that creates an imbalance in your system is safe. Get a full range blood test done. If the test show you are low in one or two hormones, then add something that will bring them back into a normal range of balance, this is safe. Taking any type of hormone replacement without knowing these things can create a unhealthy condition.

Other wise "buy your ticket and take your chances" as my Dad use to say.
    Question is: are you really going to mind if you hit your goals without puking 3 times a week?
    by Daniel Roberts

Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have read very little negative about HGH and strongly considered it but the pricing is high to run it correctly maybe when i am rich in a few years

TW Dad was a wise man
    Work in progress...

"Insane in the membrane, got no brains gone insane"

" Its all the petroleum products, thats why i make no sense"

"Cry now, smile later:)

hbk3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

HGH- if taken can make organs continue to grow , forehead and other boney parts start massing up. this can be good and bad you will get strong , but you will have a neanderthal look COOL . i like taking ast-gaba before bed its natural and boosts natural hgh and glutamine helps boost HGH. FORGET sublingual hgh its a scam synthetic hgh works and is very very expensive add roids and insulin and grow like crazy then your muscles will rip right off the bones.

what is ast-gaba?

arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's a supplement called GABA (Gamma Amino butyric acid). Taking about 2000 mg/day just before sleep has been found to increase HGH (Human growth hormone) 5 times. Also the cool thing is GABA stimulates HGH release by the pituitary glands (so it's fully natural and safe). Studies so far have indicated no side effect associated with this. But note here that there have been very few studies done on this so far. IMO gaba being an amino acid is safe.

HGH being a growth hormone is associated with muscle mass. HGH increases lean muscle mass, DECREASES body fat, REVERSES ageing, increases metabolism and cell repair. Unlike DHEA and Androgel HGH doesn't have steroid associated side effects (bitch tits, thinning hair, BPH). DHEA can convert to estrogen, testosterone and their metabolites....
    you get Gaba at GNC, CVS, Walgreens inthe amino acid section

arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50) arms++ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here are some GABA links -
    http://www.ehot.com/smartbasics/gaba_cat.html

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/s...ion-effects.htm

http://www.betterbodz.com/library/humangro.html

GABA 80mg per day can reduce BP -
    http://www.lifescience.co.jp/yk/yk02/nov/ab4.htm

Let me know if you try it and there are any side effects. I'm 23 but I'm thinking of going for gaba for muscle growth. Dunno if it'll work though...

hbk3
    have you been taking gaba, or do u know anyone takin git? Any possible side effects other than increasing bone mass, tingling sensation, siezures? Lilke Androgel is known to produce bitch tits in some people. DHEA can cause hair loss (balding). Is there any such side effect frm HGH?

Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000)
    As w/everyhting in this game, there is a price to pay..
    If you choose to go that path, research everything u can get yer hands on, youll be playing w/fire, but also, if you know what yer doing, you can contain that fire and make it work for you..

Good luck

Gator
    Damn greens are like kryptonite this year !!!!

hbk3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Originally posted by arms++
    hbk3
    have you been taking gaba, or do u know anyone takin git? Any possible side effects other than increasing bone mass, tingling sensation, siezures? Lilke Androgel is known to produce bitch tits in some people. DHEA can cause hair loss (balding). Is there any such side effect frm HGH?
    I tried the gnc gaba in pill form did not tell anything. i take ast gaba before bed and yes its a amino acid . take 3-5 grams and do sometimes feel shortness of breath . i will take it for a while post pro-hormone cycle . the only supplement i stay on year round is protein all others get cycled .

sequitur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hGH facts

The first thing you have to consider with hGH is what the facts are. If you are 45 you are already experiencing the risks. It's not like you remain static if you don't take action. I suggest you look for "Grow Young with HGH" by Dr Ronald Klatz for the facts.

You could take the synthesized hormone, but that's expensive. You could also stimulate it's release from the pituitary with Glutamine, velvet bean or other "secretagogues". For my money Megatropin seems most advanced and Alpha Dopa Poppers is cheapest, except for 6-10 gms L-Glutamine.

While you're evaluating consider that by age 40 the average person is secreting 1/3 less hGH than a 20 year old and by age 60 you've lost 80%. It is true the supra-physical levels will cause organs to enlarge, but deficiencies cause them to shrink. Short of injecting the hormone directly (which is practically a life time decision) it's near impossible to reach supra-physical levels.

One last thing. At age 45, without taking changes in the endocrine system into account, it is next to impossible to build and sustain a lean muscular body. Few things will reduce your risk of injury, increase your strength and improve your body composition like a good secretagogue.

Remember - hGH goes to the receptors on every cell in your body and tells it to make protein and repair it's self. It's also why at 20 you could drink beer, eat pizza and party all night and look good in the morning. Think about it.
    It's not how heavy you lift, it's how
    you lift heavy!

If only I had a cat's genetics... I could
    workout less and sleep more, run
    faster, jump higher and need a lot
    more hair remover.

Re: hGH facts

to say at 45 a person cannot create a lean and muscular physique is BS. a year and a half ago I had 14 1/2 inch arms, a 38 inch waist, and weighed 198 lbs. I now have 16 inch arms, a 34 inch waist, and weigh 190. my shoulders, thighs, and back have gotten alot bigger, and leaner.
    Originally posted by sequitur
    The first thing you have to consider with hGH is what the facts are. If you are 45 you are already experiencing the risks. It's not like you remain static if you don't take action. I suggest you look for "Grow Young with HGH" by Dr Ronald Klatz for the facts.

You could take the synthesized hormone, but that's expensive. You could also stimulate it's release from the pituitary with Glutamine, velvet bean or other "secretagogues". For my money Megatropin seems most advanced and Alpha Dopa Poppers is cheapest, except for 6-10 gms L-Glutamine.

While you're evaluating consider that by age 40 the average person is secreting 1/3 less hGH than a 20 year old and by age 60 you've lost 80%. It is true the supra-physical levels will cause organs to enlarge, but deficiencies cause them to shrink. Short of injecting the hormone directly (which is practically a life time decision) it's near impossible to reach supra-physical levels.

One last thing. At age 45, without taking changes in the endocrine system into account, it is next to impossible to build and sustain a lean muscular body. Few things will reduce your risk of injury, increase your strength and improve your body composition like a good secretagogue.

Remember - hGH goes to the receptors on every cell in your body and tells it to make protein and repair it's self. It's also why at 20 you could drink beer, eat pizza and party all night and look good in the morning. Think about it.

I'm 23, but I'm wondering if HGH could lead to stuff like bitch tits, balding, etc like Androgel does. Esp HGH coming out of GABA supplements (not direct HGH supplementation). GABA is supposed to stimulate pituitary glands to release about 5 times the current level of HGH in the serum. Wondering if that could cause stuff like bitch tits (T to E aromatization), alopecia (T to DHT or whatever)...
    I read a paper abstract saying HGH was found to restore the size of prostrate in hypoandrogenetic patiensts(with low level of androgens like T). Usually DHT is said to increase prostrate size. On some other site a precaution was mentioned that HGH can cause bitch tits. Now that is caused by testosterone or direct estrogen supplementation. So I'm wondering if any one experienced these?

originally posted by jvanj
    to say at 45 a person cannot create a lean and muscular physique is BS. a year and a half ago I had 14 1/2 inch arms, a 38 inch waist, and weighed 198 lbs. I now have 16 inch arms, a 34 inch waist, and weigh 190. my shoulders, thighs, and back have gotten alot bigger, and leaner.
    But what I said was not BS. By "next to impossible" I meant that many people find their best efforts fall short and that you will get far more dynamic results at 25 than 45. I don't think anybody wants to argue that, all other things being equal, you will get more results faster at 25.

I had Typhoid Fever in May just as I was going to get back to the gym. I ended up going back in early July. I applied a nutrition plan, supplement plan and intense lifing and cardio. I was too disgusted with myself to take measurements. In 2 1/2 months I went from 245 lbs @ 26.5% bf to 215 lbs @ 12% bf. To be candid I don't know if I fully trust either my scale or my digital calipers but I do trust the mirror and I had a huge belly in July and I can see hints of definition of abs under a nearly flat belly now. I get noticed.

I want to add I am 46, have not taken any illegal gear (ever), have not exceeded recommended dosages of andro or stacked to ill advised amounts. I will also admit to being just a little stunned at how well everything worked. Katch-MacArdle allows for a maximum metabolic multiplier of 1.9 times your BMR and I appear to have been running over 2.2 times my BMR. Even though I eat over 3,000 calories a day I seem to be consistently burning over 5,000. None of this would be possible without carefully considering endocrine effects. I eat, supplement, exercise and rest thinking about how it affects hGH, testosterone, Insulin and T3.

I have been working out on and off for years. There is no way I would beat myself up with heavy weights if I hadn't given my body the best chance to respond. It doesn't make sense to me. BTW just lifting with intensity will increase levels. However using a secretagogue produces amazing results. At an anti aging doctor's suggestion I tried using secretagogues before lifting on leg day. In four weeks I went from 600 lbs of plates on the sled to 1010. GH rules, and because of the way the body regulates it you cannot create dangerously high levels of release with nutritional supplements.

BTW I do have a picture from July 10th showing I had a belly. I'm working on getting to the "after" pictures that really rock. ;-)
    you lift heavy!

more hair remover.

Brother Phil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Phil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Phil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Phil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Phil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Phil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Phil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Phil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Phil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Phil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Phil has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sequitur,
    Which secretagogue product to you use? How long do you cycle?
    I was checking out one called Secretgain and thought about purchasing some. I'm age 40 and got back into bbing last year, and am trying to learn all I can on different anabolic products. I use 1-AD now, however sparingly. I tried some hgh that I bought from a friend who was a distributer for some supplement company, but it was basically alot of B vitamins and such, and didn't do much but make my urine a nice bright color.
    Keep it real ;)

thanks, I guess i mis understood you. are the secretagogues safe? what one do you recomend?

Which secretagogue product to you use? How long do you cycle?
    Those are much tougher questions than you think. (They were easy when I sold one in an MLM ) First off recognize that different people respond to different stimulous. That's why typically you see top end products with everything but the kitchen sink. A doctor who formulated and tested secretagogues confided this to me.

Knowing that, you could experiment with glutamine or something containing macuna puriens (velvet bean) which stimulates dopamine, a powerful precursor. 6-10 gms of glutamine right before bed can work very well. There are actually four hormones in the process of regulation that release or slow the release of GH. That is why Alpha GPC is an interesting product, because it can block the release of one of the regulating hormones. I think it's technically considered inconclusive, but I did my own strength tests with and without it and got slightly better results with it.

Okay, so dropping names. I like MHP Secretagogue One. It's designed by Vincent Giampapa, one of the pioneers in anti aging and it uses the high tech sugars and carbonation to get more long chain aminos through the digestive track. It's fundementally the same as Pro-HGH and the other repackaged products which cost more but have less packets. Pinnacle Alpha Dopa poppers looked promising but I developed torn cuticles on it, a sure sign of GH deficiency. I decided to try Urban Biologics Megatropin. It's expensive and 5 days on, 2 days off. With a heavy workout schedule I almost got sick the first 2 days off. Over all I'd say it is the best I've used.

As for safety, we're not talking a product with liver toxicity issues like impure androstenes or methylated steroids. If you're over 40 it's inconceivable you're not producing noticably less than at 20. Since your body won't produce unsafe levels using supplements I think the health risk is in not using one.

As for cycling, the doctor I was able to question confided in me that the research they had done had been inconclusive... however since it's been a prescribed practice with other products related to hormones it was accepted as the safe recommendation. Having said that I've gradually come to agree. The problem is that the first time I went off after 3 months (at 42) I realized I had actually been suffering depression rooted in hormonal imbalance. I was over 40% body fat and miserable. I could not stay off the recommended month. Now I have gone for some time until recently with only glutamine. Increased fitness and particularly high intensity heavy lifts naturally raise GH levels.

Recently the combined intensity of my program and dieting put me at a stress level where it was apparent that glutamine alone was no longer cutting it. I wish there was a perfect answer. Getting old sucks! GH is your body's master hormone and tied directly to the aging clock. I recommend Klatz's book so you can better understand when your GH program is not working and what it can do for you. Nobody in my gym believes I'm 46.

Seriously, you start GH therapy to get a better result in your workout, and it ends up improving every area of your life! Great sleep, vivid dreams, clearer mind, waking up standing at attention and a lot more... This happened to me in a matter of days!
    you lift heavy!

more hair remover.

~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HGH naturally increases with increased exercise and weight training....I'd save your bucks and just make sure you eat well.

Lightbulb

originally posted by IronBelle
    HGH naturally increases with increased exercise and weight training....I'd save your bucks and just make sure you eat well.
    I think I mentioned this is one way that GH levels are elevated. Now can you tell me what exercises will raise your serum blood levels of IGF-1 to that of a 20 year old athlete? Have you had these levels tested or discussed them in relation to various factors with a doctor researching this? In fact, due to the complexity of the body even IGF-1 levels are not 100% reliable as an indicator.

I wouldn't advise anyone to consider exercise and eating well as a satisfactory means of reaching optimum GH levels unless I saw documented studies. Especially considering you can get L-Glutamine so cheaply. Several alternatives are less than $20 to try for a month and Klatz's book can be checked out at the library. How cheap does evaluating a potential benefit have to be?

I will conceded that while I really could not handle the effects of depressed GH at 42 even with working out that as I got in better shape and my body fat dropped down to the lower 30% range that good nutrition and exercise enabled me to have adequate GH levels to function and make gains. At 46 I am pushing very hard right now on lifting and cardio as well as eating strict. Without a good secretagogue I know right now my immune system would be at critical stress. I feel a huge difference in the morning right now after a secretagogue.

BTW the number one and number two GH surges that naturally occur in the body are right after you go to sleep at night and after you've been awake a few hours in the morning. Exercise will cause an additional pulsitile release. Pushing heavy weight until you think you will see your last meal come up delivers the most exercise related GH. Since recovery is the critical third leg of the bodybuilding tripod (the others being diet and exercise) and growth happens largely during recovery (and GH affects nitrogen balance and cellular regeneration) saying that GH from exercise is adequate to receive the benefit doesn't seem like the best advice for someone looking for optimal results.

I stand by what I said. The benefits of a good secretagogue are to numerous to list here.
    you lift heavy!

more hair remover.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by arms++
    I'm 23, but I'm wondering if HGH could lead to stuff like bitch tits, balding, etc like Androgel does.
    AndroGel does not cause balding or bitch tits unless it's abused. Using it as an anabolic steroid will not work because you'd need massive amounts of it. The highest manufactured dose is only slightly higher than what the body is capable of producing. Moreover, AndroGel does not aromatize... it converts directly to DHT, the active form of testosterone.

I've been on AndroGel for over a year and have yet to see any negative effects.

Btw, the answer to your question about hgh is no, it does not cause those side effects.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Interesting discussion. I was curious if anyone knew anything about Arginine, Ornithine and Lysine as helping with hgh production? I've read in a couple of places that it does help and taken with L-Glutamine is a good combo.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Here's something else to ponder.

The reason for most declines in hormone production as we age is because the particular gland is aging. I wonder if by forcing the particular gland, in this case the pituitary, to produce more hormone, gh in this case, we are not hastening the pituitary's failure.

In my case, by age 45 I'd already experienced pituitary failure... very low levels of LH, FSH and GH, all produced by the anterior pituitary. Also, in my case this failure was probably from a blow to the head I took when I was 13. An MRI shows that my pituitary sit a little abnormally. Problem resolution in my case is by hormone replacements for GH and testosterone (I also have an underactive thyroid).

Just keep in mind that GH secretagogues have not been on the market nor in use very long. No one knows what the long term effects are. They may help now, but who knows 20 years from now. A person using GH secretagogues may just require full hormone replacement then if the gland finally 'burns out'.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).