antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up Insanely detailed 3-hour Tim Ferriss podcast about Keto, fasting, and killing cancer!

I apologize if this is a repost, inappropriate place to post, etc.

I don't know if anyone is a fan of Tim Ferriss or his podcast. I certainly am. I think it's very well done, and his interviews are great. This most recent one in particular is with a guy named Dom D'Agostino:

“The FDA may see ketones as a drug. I see them as a fourth macronutrient. You have fats, proteins, and carbs. Ketones are an energy-containing molecule.” – Dom D’Agostino

Dr. Dominic “Dom” D’Agostino (@DominicDAgosti2) is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology at the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, and a Senior Research Scientist at the Institute for Human and Machine Cognition (IHMC).

He has also deadlifted 500 pounds for 10 reps after a seven-day fast.

He’s a beast and — no big surprise — he’s a good buddy of Dr. Peter Attia, my MD friend who drinks “jet fuel” in search of optimal athletic performance.

The primary focus of Dom’s laboratory is developing and testing metabolic therapies, including ketogenic diets, ketone esters and ketone supplements to induce nutritional/therapeutic ketosis. D’Agostino’s laboratory uses in vivo and in vitro techniques to understand the physiological, cellular and molecular mechanism of metabolic therapies and nutritional strategies for peak performance and resilience. His research is supported by the Office of Naval Research (ONR), Department of Defense (DoD), private organizations and foundations."

Unsure if I'm allowed to link to outside stuff. I haven't posted here in a while. Here's the link to the podcast and show notes: http://fourhourworkweek.com/2015/11/...nic-dagostino/

Anyway, I've known about keto diets for close to a decade, but no source of information has ever been as mind-blowing or as revelatory for me as this three hour interview. I hope some of you will be able to take the time to listen to it. I dl'd it with the podcasts app for iphone and play it when I'm driving or taking a break from work. It's so dense I'll probably listen more than once though. Cheers!

mccyjcb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mccyjcb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mccyjcb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mccyjcb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mccyjcb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mccyjcb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mccyjcb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mccyjcb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mccyjcb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mccyjcb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mccyjcb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I love Tim Ferris' podcast! I listened to this one and it has definitely got me interested in trying a keto diet. I am thinking of doing a 24-36 hour fast to use up all glycogen and then going straight into a keto diet.

But yes, this was a great episode! Might even go ahead and listen to it again lol.
    Gym Lifts / Competition Lifts (Raw, kg)
    Bench: 152.5 / 120
    Squat: 182.5 / 175
    Deadlift: 235 / 225

Best WILKS In Competition: 355.26 - 83kg class

danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm really interested in this podcast and will check it out when I get home. Tim Ferris is definitely inspirational and very knowledgeable when it comes to the science of fitness.

I've been on a ketogenic diet for a little over 3 weeks and I love it. Burning fat for fuel instead of glycogen (carbs) has lead to increased energy and performance. Not to mention that with all the fat, I feel full even though I'm eating at a calorie deficit. Lastly, Bacon. F***in love it.
    dy/dx (Weight Loss) = Calories

Goals:
    Squats: 275 5x5
    Bench: 225 4x6
    Pendlay: 205 4x6 (Achieved)
    Deadlift: 315 5x5 (Achieved

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I love Dr. Dom D'Agostino. He's so knowledgeable.

A little history lesson, he was/is a long time member of these boards. I used to follow his training logs. He was always really helpful at answering questions. I don't think he started Keto until the past few years, when he started studying it, so he may not have any searchable info on here. He's become one of the leading experts though.

His username on here was dpd555, if anyone is interested. Great guy.

antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antbanks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jked4life View Post
    I love Dr. Dom D'Agostino. He's so knowledgeable.

A little history lesson, he was/is a long time member of these boards. I used to follow his training logs. He was always really helpful at answering questions. I don't think he started Keto until the past few years, when he started studying it, so he may not have any searchable info on here. He's become one of the leading experts though.

His username on here was dpd555, if anyone is interested. Great guy.
    right on man. I see your join date predates mine! I think they may have referenced Patrick Arnold in the podcast, and I remember him posting here a long time ago too. There's also a shoutout to the scivation guys and Dom personally recommends Xtend. Tim had never heard of it. Sometimes I feel like all my years of reading BB.com forums weren't in vain, and that I actually did learn some ****, haha.