japula13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workout Advice for a Severe Haemophiliac

Hi guys I'm Jared. I was diagnosed with severe haemophilia B, a congenital bleeding disorder, back when I was 3 years old and due to internal bleeds I suffered from haemophilia I also have both chronic synovitis in my right ankle and complex partial seizures, a mild form of epilepsy. I've been dedicating a lot more of my time to physical fitness for the past 2 years and have been following workouts here for over a month now. Things have been going great in terms of my fitness since it's been ages since I've had a pretty bad internal bleed going on. I'm from the Philippines, so access to medication is quite scarce so oftentimes, blood transfusion, the main method of treating haemophilia, is often out of the question.

I have a concern when working my calves out since I often injure my ankles whenever I try to do calf raises in the prescribed plan given to me in my workouts so oftentimes I would cut back on my calf workouts due to fear of an internal bleed. As a result, my legs are significantly weaker than my upper body.

Any advice? I'm also open to answering any questions anyone may have regarding my three illnesses.