KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000)

AdiPowers for relatively cheap on Amazon

Depending on the size, you can get AdiPowers for as low as $124 on Amazon. Although I think the ultra low price is only for the white with black stripes which admittedly doesn't look as cool as the black with red stripes. I have small feet so I ordered an 8 and it was $129 plus tax (free shipping). Actually just got a pair of Adidas Powerlifts 2.0 a few weeks back and I like them but couldn't pass up the price

MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That´s a nice deal! I like the white and black ... I´ve got a pair of black/red so would be good to have another colour

I was pricing some of the AdiPowers a few days ago and the cheapest in the UK was around 140GBP (215$) (RRP is 175£/270$)! Probably can get them a little bit cheaper in Germany or elsewhere in Europe, but I decided not to spend it, as like you I have a nearly new pair of Powerlifts which I am happy with - I´d like a second pair but will wait until I find some Adipowers or Romaleos on offer somewhere. For 129$ I would have jumped on them lol.

Pretty sure your post will be of interest to a few people over there. Great job!

EDIT: 129£ on amazonUK at the moment. bit better than the 140^
    Last edited by MonkeyT; 11-04-2015 at 04:12 AM. Reason: add price edit.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #75 ▪██─────██▪

matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would expect to see a lot more sales on Adipowers as we go into Christmas. Adidas confirmed they have a new Adipower coming out for Rio and are starting to release them to major athletes. These sales are all to clear out existing inventory. You may want to grab a pair of the current ones. The new ones have less ventilation, a rotary dial wire tensioning system (BOA or a lookalike) and apparently don't have an arch strap any longer. The old Adistars had a poor strap and the Adipowers got it just right, though they needed it because the lateral support in Adipowers was less. In some ways the new ones (except for the tensioning system) look a bit more like Adistars, except with the plastic heel lift.

MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Couldn't help myself. I´ve ordered some, will be here tomorrow/Thursday. Wondering how they will compare to the Powerlift 2.

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MonkeyT View Post
    Couldn't help myself. I´ve ordered some, will be here tomorrow/Thursday. Wondering how they will compare to the Powerlift 2.
    Nice! I picked up the white/black ones for around $125 a few months back. I absolutely love mine.
    Equipment Crew #68, Ivanko Crew #47, Rogue Barbell Club #7, Mech6 Crew #30
    7'x18' Home Gym: http://goo.gl/CBphUy
    Best Lifts @ 153 bw: Sq 320, BP 245, DL 320, Press 155

They´ve arrived!

I like them, and I have a feeling that when they are broken in properly, I will love them!

They are very similar to the Powerlifts and there are few subtle differences - Visually, apart from the obvious design differences, the ventilation looks to be the same (same holes scattered around the front and sides), the tongue is slightly more reinforced/stiffer in the Adipowers, and the front sole is thinner in the front of the Adipower. Quality is fantastic, as one would expect.

Initially I put one Adipower on left and one Powerlift on right - You can certainly tell the extra heel height difference in the Adipower although it is relatively minor (I think it is 5mm +/-) - The sole feels slightly harder in the Adipowers and there is a more pronounced arch in the middle foot instep - I bought the exact same size but for some reason the Adipower seem to fit slightly better (more glove like) than the Powerlifts.

I´m impressed, glad of the purchase and looking forward to training in them later.

EDIT: Just want to make a note that the Adipowers are a little bit more awkward to walk around in than the Powerlifts. I´ve had them on for a few hours now (just trying to aid the break in period) and when walking around (the house) I can feel the extra height in the heel - I´m happy about that as I bought them specifically for Squats/Oly (and that excites me for my Squat session later) - Others may find that a downside so thought I would mention it.

I must say, they are really comfortable - I put my Powerlifts on for a few hours around the house when they first came and I remember the toe box being a little bit uncomfortable at this stage, even though these Adipowers are stiffer they are more glove like, now I have had them on a while I´m more impressed than when I first tried them on. Of course, it is down to individual feet of the person as all shoes are, but they seem to suit my feet better than the PL and I am really liking these!
    Last edited by MonkeyT; 11-12-2015 at 04:37 AM. Reason: addition of text after 2 hours of wearing