Closed Thread
    EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000)

Iffy Bicep Heading Into Meet

Long story short: I've got a meet in 8 days. In this last week of meet prep, been dealing with sudden flare-up of what I assume is bicep tendonitis. Had to cut short last heavy bench day this morning. What can I do in a week to heal/repair/rest the bicep? Open to any and all ideas.

dutchie1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dutchie1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dutchie1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dutchie1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dutchie1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dutchie1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dutchie1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dutchie1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dutchie1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dutchie1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dutchie1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by EasternHammer View Post
    Long story short: I've got a meet in 8 days. In this last week of meet prep, been dealing with sudden flare-up of what I assume is bicep tendonitis. Had to cut short last heavy bench day this morning. What can I do in a week to heal/repair/rest the bicep? Open to any and all ideas.
    Depends how bad it is ... if your unable to lift then quit the meet or lift significantly less, you can always do another meet when your bicep is healthy.

You could try getting one of those band things the old ladies tend to use for bicep curls and do like 100 reps of curls and pushdowns to pump alot of blood into your elbow. The only goal with it is to pump your elbow full of blood, nothing that should in any way be hard or taxing for your elbows.

I did that for a while back when i had a pretty bad case of tendernitis in my elbows, it's not a miracle way to cure your tendernitis but i did feel like it somehow slightly helped.

In any case if it's still painfull in a week just quit the meet.
    Experience is the single greatest teacher in history. First you do your test, then he teaches you the lesson

Nothing succeeds like failure

Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Rest is huge, take ibuprofen before lifting every session, including the meet if need be. As said, light direct bicep work helps.
    Most of my lifting gets posted to Instagram - https://instagram.com/fayerjw/

Best lifts 628/391/727 - Best Total: 1747