Euipoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Taking BCAAs at night?

Hello, i had a random thought today and wanted to bring it up and get some opinions on it.

I know as we sleep our bodies go into fasting mode, (reason why people take casien (sp?) Before bed because its slowly processed) but at night i wake up thirsty a lot. I know BCAAs prevents muscle breakdown so do you think it would be beneficial to put in my water as i drink it throughout the night while my body is fasting? Thoughts? Why or why not? And has anyone tried this before?

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Euipoi View Post
    Hello, i had a random thought today and wanted to bring it up and get some opinions on it.

I know as we sleep our bodies go into fasting mode, (reason why people take casien (sp?) Before bed because its slowly processed) but at night i wake up thirsty a lot. I know BCAAs prevents muscle breakdown so do you think it would be beneficial to put in my water as i drink it throughout the night while my body is fasting? Thoughts? Why or why not? And has anyone tried this before?
    No not necessary at all, neither is casein before bed. As long as you meet protein intake in the 24 hour period you are fine. DO not distrub your sleep by thinking you need to get up and slam down some BCAA's. Leave them to between meals spaced 4-6 hours apart, or utilized for pre-workout fasted training. if you fall short on eating enough protein (Supplementing whey protein) in a daily basis then you could use them at a meal to meet a proper leucine threshold, but that should not be a problem if diet is in check.

Kinda still lifts Valhallabound86's Avatar
    Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

It's really not worthwhile to do that.

Your body is not losing muscle at night due to catabolism. If anything, it's building as it recovers from the previous workout, provided that you're intaking sufficient protein daily.

fortes fortuna adiuvat itzDodge's Avatar
    itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As others have said, essentially pointless and arguably counter productive. Leucine could impair sleep quality
    NSCA CSCS

Online Coach and Brofessor
    http://www.biggerfastersmarter.com/

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    No not necessary at all, neither is casein before bed. As long as you meet protein intake in the 24 hour period you are fine. DO not distrub your sleep by thinking you need to get up and slam down some BCAA's. Leave them to between meals spaced 4-6 hours apart, or utilized for pre-workout fasted training. if you fall short on eating enough protein (Supplementing whey protein) in a daily basis then you could use them at a meal to meet a proper leucine threshold, but that should not be a problem if diet is in check.
    ^This. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I wouldn't worry about the BCAAs at night either. The Solution gave very solid advice a few posts up.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No it comes down to your overall daily intake of protein. No need for BCAA before bed. Casein also is not mandatory. Any protein before bed IMO would be fine if that's what you want to do, but like was said is not needed .
    Sixpack

Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    I agree. I cant tell you how much money I shoveled out for specific supplements because I thought they would help. Then I realized that it's based on a 24 hour period. The only time I drink some aminos prior to bed is when I do leg days(Sunday) at 4am). It seems to help a little more.
    Please support me by following me on instagram: https://instagram.com/tbatcho07

Logs:
    (Current)Controlled Labs - Gamer Up - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173400311
    (complete)Molecular Nutrition - X Factor advanced - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167327311
    (complete)MAN Sports Peptest Bulk - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168536703&pagenumber=

Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not the ideal application for BCAAs.
    self-proclaimed huguenot

live, laugh, send nudes

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you want to add some flavor to your water, go for it. As stated above, no real true defined PRO of doing so.