Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wayne,

This is serious feedback..

a) Your wife is Filipina.

b) She loves to cook.

c) You want to get her something nice for the kitchen. (Because that is what real men do.. Get their women something for the kitchen so they can make yummy sammiches.)

This is just a suggestion. Have you thought of giving her clay cooking pots? Seriously.

Back in the Islands, this is how "OUR" peeps cook. If you think Filipino dishes cooked on cheap Walmart Chinese aluminum is delicious, wait until the same dishes are cooked in clay pot. Seriously. It is orgasmic..

The only thing with clay pot is that they work best on gas stove.. So if you have electric stove, you should also consider getting perhaps a cheap Coleman camping stove. You're in Cali. You can cook outside year-round. I mean, $hit, sir, I am in Pennsyltucky and I give mother nature my middle finger when I grill outside in January.

Just something to consider..
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Howdy NWG....

A: Yes...Americanized Filipina....still cute as a button.
    B: She doesn't really 'love' to cook but is always willing to.....and try new suggestions I might come up with.
    C: I like the 'clay pot' path but noting your comments we don't have a gas stove. We have a Coleman (which I do maintain) but I'm not terribly interested in getting that out to cook with.

It was a thoughtful and well received suggestion.

Culturally speaking...she does good adobo, sinagang (pork or fish is my pref.) and excellent lumpia.
    It took her years to finally get the technique to turn out good lumpia
    The funny part?...I make the rice. I can't remember that last time she did.

Thanks for joining the fray.

Safe Saturday to everyone.......time for a blast of Crown Royal thank you very much.
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Howdy NWG....

A: Yes...Americanized Filipina....still cute as a button.
    B: She doesn't really 'love' to cook but is always willing to.....and try new suggestions I might come up with.
    C: I like the 'clay pot' path but noting your comments we don't have a gas stove. We have a Coleman (which I do maintain) but I'm not terribly interested in getting that out to cook with.

It was a thoughtful and well received suggestion.

Culturally speaking...she does good adobo, sinagang (pork or fish is my pref.) and excellent lumpia.
    It took her years to finally get the technique to turn out good lumpia
    The funny part?...I make the rice. I can't remember that last time she did.

Thanks for joining the fray.

Safe Saturday to everyone.......time for a blast of Crown Royal thank you very much.
    With those three dishes, you are hereby inducted into the "Honorary Filipino Stud Chapter of California." All you need to do at the next level to prove your hardcoreness is by eating balut.. LOL..

It was a great pleasure participating, Wayne. To me, talking about food and cooking is like talking about guns and ammo.. hahaha..
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    With those three dishes, you are hereby inducted into the "Honorary Filipino Stud Chapter of California." All you need to do at the next level to prove your hardcoreness is by eating balut.. LOL.. It was a great pleasure participating, Wayne. To me, talking about food and cooking is like talking about guns and ammo.. hahaha..
    Ha...hope I can live up to my new inductee title.

I appreciate your encouragement to rise to the next level of 'hardcoreness' but I don't think I have what it takes to eat balut.

Mas cafe para me....a good day to all.
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Gls133 View Post
    If your wife wishes to cook with a pressure cooker, she will go buy one. You may consider a gift that gets you kisses instead of beans...
    hahahaa

my mom used to have one of those old kind
    with the thing on top that would wiggle and sputter
    my brother and I used to stand in kitchen watching to see
    if it was going to explode and send our dinner up the ceiling

Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I use one mostly to cook cow tongues for Sunday morning breakfast...

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pressure cooker is a must have if you want to can fish yourself. And, it makes excellent pot still. Just sayin...

FreddieMay is a complete loser! (-2000) FreddieMay is a complete loser! (-2000) FreddieMay is a complete loser! (-2000) FreddieMay is a complete loser! (-2000) FreddieMay is a complete loser! (-2000) FreddieMay is a complete loser! (-2000) FreddieMay is a complete loser! (-2000) FreddieMay is a complete loser! (-2000) FreddieMay is a complete loser! (-2000) FreddieMay is a complete loser! (-2000) FreddieMay is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Already!!!! may in the house yall

JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My wife uses one often. Buys chicken on the cheap and then tosses some in the cooker when I need ma protons.
    A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Muhammad Ali

V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by latebloomingmom View Post
    hahahaa

my mom used to have one of those old kind
    with the thing on top that would wiggle and sputter
    my brother and I used to stand in kitchen watching to see
    if it was going to explode and send our dinner up the ceiling
    You don't want to be in the same room with one of those old school pressure cookers when they blow.

This is an old thread, bumpity bump boomp.
    I'm Batman.

Okay, I'm not.

Here's a frog.

@..@
    (----)
    ( )-( )
    o0..0o

RussellSweatt is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: Cooking with a pressure cooker?

Make sure to adjust time and temperature (low, medium, high) before starting. Remember to adjust the steam release handle to "venting" when using your Instant Pot as a slow cooker.