loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Is a deload necessary and does it impact the lifters performance?

This is a controversial question, does a deload impact performance?
    In american powerlifting, in the westside styled training(elitefts, Jim Wendler) there is often the necessity of deloads, that they are very important - is this true or just american bias?

When you look to the more effective and more result based lifters in east europe you find practically no lifters who do the traditional deload(50%) the japanese powerlifters actually train without deloads and never stop training, they just rest if their is a injury.
    Sheiko lowers the % but still one time in 12 weeks, norwegians also don't deload.

So the question is, do deloads result in greater strength or are they just a roided myth, that is popularized among american powerlifters?

btw: i asked Sheiko, there will be a video, that adresses the topic.
    And Pozdeev says yes to deloads, but they are just "somewhat" deloads.

SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Everyone deloads. Its just "when" you deload is the "controversy." Some programs have it written into it like westside. Even the Jananese deload, its just after the meet.
    ***Georgia Crew***

NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IMO it's pretty personal. Some people like Wendler go by the principle of deloading before you feel like you need it, others tend to believe that you should be fine if you manage your fatigue from week to week properly. However I'd say most people suck at that which is probably why Wendler errs on the deloading / safe side.

I pretty much only deload if I'm going away from the gym for a week for like a holiday or something like that. I also take a rest week the week of a meet and the week after a meet.
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthStrongSC

Main Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155303583

After seeing a hard workout you may want to complain and want others to pity you for the work you have to do. Your mom will pity you. Your girl will pity you. I may pity you, but your competition will not pity you. They will step on you, walk over you and spit on you. � Boris Sheiko

loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loveCharlie09 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by SPFjudge View Post
    Everyone deloads. Its just "when" you deload is the "controversy." Some programs have it written into it like westside. Even the Jananese deload, its just after the meet.
    technically it's then no deload, because i literally speak of the westside deload, that has his foundation in multiplay lifting. Japanese do more of a "off-season"-training after the meet.

Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A deload is a drop in volume and/or intensity. Who the hell doesn't do this once in a while?
    Most of my lifting gets posted to Instagram - https://instagram.com/fayerjw/

Best lifts 628/391/727 - Best Total: 1747

SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by loveCharlie09 View Post
    technically it's then no deload, because i literally speak of the westside deload, that has his foundation in multiplay lifting. Japanese do more of a "off-season"-training after the meet.
    The redness all make sense now
    ***Georgia Crew***

Originally Posted by Rags85 View Post
    A deload is a drop in volume and/or intensity. Who the hell doesn't do this once in a while?
    Bulgarian method, and so Tom Martin. And generally spoken what is "a drop"? Down to 70% or down to 50%?

Originally Posted by SPFjudge View Post
    The redness all make sense now
    Truth hurts. (and the reds are just 2, from a whole different topic)

Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bulgarian method, and so Tom Martin. And generally spoken what is "a drop"? Down to 70% or down to 50%?
    90% could be "a drop" if you did daily maxes. Volume too though remember, you only looked at literally half the equation. 1 x 405 is a deload if you normally do 2 x 405.
    Most of my lifting gets posted to Instagram - https://instagram.com/fayerjw/

Best lifts 628/391/727 - Best Total: 1747

Glutes tighter than ur gf AngelKing1992's Avatar
    AngelKing1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AngelKing1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AngelKing1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AngelKing1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AngelKing1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AngelKing1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AngelKing1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AngelKing1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AngelKing1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AngelKing1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AngelKing1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i haven't done deloads and started lifting almost 2 years ago. just 4 months ago i hit a plateau and loss in strength. I don't htink you need to actually structure a deload, but if you feel like crap, then take a rest i guess
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are many good things about deloads however the primary purpose is to deal with the situation where your strength has progressed to the point where you can create training stimulus faster than you can recover. Eventually that would lead to overtraining and a reduction in performance. At this point you're reasonably advanced and can't really cut the training down all the time or you won't get enough stimulus to progress. For natural trainees there is no way to increase your recovery capacity so deloads, structured or auto-regulated, are the only option. My personal opinion is that most people do a terrible job of auto-regulation so I'd go with structured deloads.

Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used to prefer deloading whenever I feel like I needed it.

Now, I prefer to structure deloads into training to prevent that feeling. It's no fun having a bad training week or two and THEN having to take a deload. I take them for preventive measures, personally.

I feel like most people should take a week deload every 4th or 5th week depending on how they set their training up. Personally, I prefer every 3rd week.
    All Time WR Squat: 785 @ 220 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GtHNRdHeM
    Powerlifting Coach At Complete Human Performance (www.completehumanperformance.com)
    WongStwongTraining@gmail.com

screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Big Sexy J View Post
    I used to prefer deloading whenever I feel like I needed it.
    I see a lot of people advocating going off of feel. If you get in the gym and feel strong and your energy levels feel great but its deload week, it's clearly not productive, and vice versa.

Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by screamingjesus View Post
    I see a lot of people advocating going off of feel. If you get in the gym and feel strong and your energy levels feel great but its deload week, it's clearly not productive, and vice versa.
    ...meh. Read the rest of my post
    Powerlifting Coach At Complete Human Performance (www.completehumanperformance.com)

EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) EasternHammer is a name known to all. (+5000)

Truth hurts. (and the reds are just 2, from a whole different topic)
    The Bulgarian method as practiced by actual Bulgarian weightlifters under Abadjiev absolutely prescribes a deload every fourth week.

screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Big Sexy J View Post
    ...meh. Read the rest of my post
    I did already. Every 3rd week is really frequent. If you're doing something like westside where you max out every week I can understand it. But other routines with undulation or slower, linear progression don't need deloads every 3rd week. Depends.

I did already. Every 3rd week is really frequent. If you're doing something like westside where you max out every week I can understand it. But other routines with undulation or slower, linear progression don't need deloads every 3rd week. Depends.
    I didn't say they are needed every 3rd week. Every 4-5 weeks I think is best for most people, even if they do not feel they "need it". Every 3rd week is what I prefer for myself. Works like a charm.

Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000) Aubelift is just really nice. (+1000)
    I feel beatup about every 5-6 weeks. I deload with a decrease in volume more than intensity.
    Best Meet (Nov 2016)
    665 kg/1466 @ 86.2/190

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168015353

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you never need to deload then you are not training hard enough.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Deloads are necessary when you start closing in on being a more advanced lifter. When you're a beginner you can go on and on.
    560/425/750 - 1735@207

NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000)
    You need to realise how much Big Sexy J is lifting and the stress it's having on his body. Compare that to what I'm lifting and the stress it's having on mine. Or what you're probably lifting and the effect it's having on your body. He holds the no wraps world record squat at 220 and a great total. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

I just take time off completely when I think I need it, rather than schedule an actual deload.
    330 squat (no wraps) - 237 bench - 457 deadlift (IPF approved bar) - 132 bodyweight
    375 squat (no wraps) - 275 bench - 518 deadlift (IPF approved bar) - 148 bodyweight
    430 squat (no wraps) - 331 bench - 535 deadlift (IPF approved bar) - 165 bodyweight

Originally Posted by EasternHammer View Post
    The Bulgarian method as practiced by actual Bulgarian weightlifters under Abadjiev absolutely prescribes a deload every fourth week.
    Still maintain your frequent squatting habits.
    Just cutting the "heavy" volume on oly lifts.
    It's more a unload then a deload.

Registered User Dontfealthsauld's Avatar
    Dontfealthsauld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dontfealthsauld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dontfealthsauld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dontfealthsauld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dontfealthsauld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dontfealthsauld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dontfealthsauld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dontfealthsauld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dontfealthsauld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dontfealthsauld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dontfealthsauld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Still maintain your frequent squatting habits.
    Just cutting the "heavy" volume on oly lifts.
    It's more a unload then a deload.
    Semantics.

Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think a lot of people have misunderstandings of different training methods.

For example, the Bulgarian method doesn't have people doing a true max every day, it has them doing a 'working max' everyday.. No one on earth can do a true max everyday of training and progress.

Continuing with that thought, no one can continuously progress endlessly, this is why you have training cycles. Starting a new training cycle will have you doing lighter weight again during the first weeks of it. This is a 'deload' in nature as well.

I think it is best to 'plan out' deloads rather then get to a point that you feel like you need them.

Think of it as with taking Vitamin C to prevent getting sick. You take it so you don't get sick, if you only start taking vitamin C when you begin to feel sick, you kinda missed the whole point. Sure you will get better, but the point is to NEVER get sick, as you should NEVER train to a point that you get overworked and burnt out.

Deloads are to prevent you from getting burnt out, not something you do as a result of getting burnt out.

Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Deloading it's individualized. Personally, I "deload" when I feel I need it, after years of training I now understand my body. And I feel when to deload and when to rest a couple of days/weeks. Mentally, I feel better and of course physically as well. I believe that people (competitive or not) should deload or have a rest week or weeks several times per year. I have no doubt that pro's do have deloading weeks or rest weeks many times per year. But what I'm really sure is that they're not planned. It just happen, you feel you need it, you do it.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As a late comer who started at 34, I wish I'd done more deloads. Did gvt into sheiko (29 then 32). Tendonosis progressed into a tear. Now my bicep tendon is free to move wherever it wants when it gets inflamed. Twos years and it's only now pain free provided I care for it. Seems I'd be much farther along if I'd deloaded.

Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by AngelKing1992 View Post
    i haven't done deloads and started lifting almost 2 years ago. just 4 months ago i hit a plateau and loss in strength. I don't htink you need to actually structure a deload, but if you feel like crap, then take a rest i guess
    I haven't made a PR for a long time n I'm in the beginner / intermediate phase. Although my bench nay have increqsed, in going to test on , it's been months. The only thing had a significant improvement was my squat cuz I barely squatted before.

Does this show I need a deload or rest week? Btw I've been training for only about 17 months. Progress is slow and annoying nw.

I prob need to use an intermediate program even though my lifts ain't that great.

Stats
    Height: 5'7
    Weight: 156 pounds

Bench: 100kg (previous PR)
    Squat: 110kg (can go slightly higher but my form is not where it should be, i go close to parallel but have excess lean)
    Deadlift: 150kg.

I thibk that im so weak but the last time i went on an intermediate strengtb program after 8 months of bodybuilding my strength ibcreased a lot especiaoly the bench but dropped when i went back to a novice bodybuilsing program and barely grew during a beginner strength program.

Fyi im cutting, been for around 4 and a half mobths.

JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Aubelift View Post
    I feel beatup about every 5-6 weeks. I deload with a decrease in volume more than intensity.
    Strong this.

Every 8 weeks I dramatically drop my volume. All I do is take my s/b/d to a 1RM on M/W/F and usually I'm ready to go the next week.

amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by NeverDeload View Post
    You need to realise how much Big Sexy J is lifting and the stress it's having on his body. Compare that to what I'm lifting and the stress it's having on mine. Or what you're probably lifting and the effect it's having on your body. He holds the no wraps world record squat at 220 and a great total. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

I just take time off completely when I think I need it, rather than schedule an actual deload.
    Strong username to post
    powerlifting meet PRs at 175lbs:
    Squat 405
    Bench 325
    Deadlift 510