IAmJude is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmJude is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmJude is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmJude is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmJude is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmJude is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmJude is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmJude is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmJude is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmJude is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmJude is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Back width exercices? LAT SHRUGS??

Hey guys, i was wondering what the community has to suggest for lat width exercices other than the basic wide grip pulldowns and pullups.

I found 10 year old threads suggesting lat shrugs on the lat pulldown machine but I am not sure about doing these since these threads are so old!
    Do you guys recommend these? or do u suggest any other exercices?

thanks!

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would make sure your stretching your lats between sets of back work.
    Grab a post with one arm bend over and pull the lat for a good stretch on each arm.
    The dumbbell pull over exercise or a pullover machine if your gym has one can help.
    Emphasize the full stretch but be careful of your shoulders.
    Your width would have much to do with your genetics.
    Old school guys will tell you wide grip pull ups or pull downs.

manish43322 is not very well liked. (-100) manish43322 is not very well liked. (-100) manish43322 is not very well liked. (-100) manish43322 is not very well liked. (-100) manish43322 is not very well liked. (-100) manish43322 is not very well liked. (-100) manish43322 is not very well liked. (-100) manish43322 is not very well liked. (-100) manish43322 is not very well liked. (-100) manish43322 is not very well liked. (-100) manish43322 is not very well liked. (-100)
    all i can say that exercises how old they are no matter if they are effective or not they are effective exercise never change if it is 10 years old then also it doent matter because it was effective at that time so it will be now also try it

www.ABFitnessTrainer.com italianplaya30's Avatar
    italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by IAmJude View Post
    Hey guys, i was wondering what the community has to suggest for lat width exercices other than the basic wide grip pulldowns and pullups.

I found 10 year old threads suggesting lat shrugs on the lat pulldown machine but I am not sure about doing these since these threads are so old!

thanks!
    they wont get your lats bigger but will strengthen up your lower traps
    AB Fitness Center
    (The Best Personal Training Gym to Work for in NY)
    Apply Below
    www.ABFitnessCenter.com/career
    Instagram: @abfitness
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Registered User MusclesandStuff's Avatar
    MusclesandStuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hate to sound like the broken record here but wide grip lat pulldown is really the main exercise I do that's helped me get wider lats.

I would just switch up the volume, amount of sets and reps, and frequency every other week or so.
    my name is Lo and I believe that simplicity is key not only just in life but in fitness as well.
    IIFYM + Intermittent Fasting = eat what you want & get the gains you want.
    Working out 5 days a week and eating 6 meals a day is NOT the only way to get strong.
    my fitness philosophy @ http://www.musclesandstuff.com

Swollace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wide lat pulldown with a good mind muscle connection. Use a thumbless grip that way you focus more on just using the lats. My back grew super wide within a year of just slow controlled wide lat pulldowns mixed with pulls up focusing on the negative portion of the exercise. Also, Like stated above stretch between sets or even exercises this will help the muscle stretch wider and help you perform better.
    SWOLLACE!!!!!

FUTURE LEO

INSTAGRAM: @Swollace

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

thanks!
    Do you think that prior to 10 years ago nobody knew how to build lats?

What's wrong with pullups anyway?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pendlay Row
    Pull ups
    BB Rows
    T Bar Rows
    Dead Lift
    All American EFX Rep

********: www.********.com/AllAmericanEFX
    Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
    Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.

JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just something to think about...

When bicep curling, the bottom position is the most stretched position for the biceps right?

But at the bottom most stretched position for wide grip pull ups, does it resemble anything like a classic rear lat spread?

Full ROM for Full development, wisdom dictates.
    Lower back control/arching:
    - Arching your back will not flatten out your lower back.
    - Lower back is arched by tilting your crotch towards your knees.

Counterintuitive? 101% so!

---
    A muscle can be either Medial to the midline or Lateral to it.
    Therefore, there is no such thing as a medial/lateral delt.
    Lateral delt or MIDDLE delt please...

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JOoa0ky View Post
    Just something to think about...

When bicep curling, the bottom position is the most stretched position for the biceps right?

But at the bottom most stretched position for wide grip pull ups, does it resemble anything like a classic rear lat spread?

Full ROM for Full development, wisdom dictates.
    The rear lat spread comes from protracting the shoulder blades, which in turn move the upper arm forward and out, it is that mix of partial lengthening and moving laterally that gives that pose such width.

A wide grip pull up goes into a high degree of shoulder abduction (one of the primary roles of the lats), so it is worked well in that front.

Personally I like to think of wide grip pull ups a bit like doing "flies" which works more to isolate the lat rather than bringing more elbow flexors into the picture. I still do wide, narrow, under/overhand variations as each have their value.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000)
    wide grip pull ups and wide grip lat rows

also deadlift heavy pref raw

thanks!
    "Belief triggers the power to do"

Squat: 358
    Deadlift: 415
    Bench: 285