chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

knee, wrist wraps, joint support

Hey all,

I've been a 100% raw lifter until I recently got a belt. (Bob's belt - awesome, amazing quality) anyway, that has helped me squat and deadlift with much more core stability.

Its seems though, I'm still the only dude around not using wrist wraps, knee wraps, elbow wraps....you name it. If I'm not experiencing pain is there a reason to use that stuff? You can see my current maxes in my signature, I'm not sure if that amount of weight warrants all these wraps or if those using them are being a tad paranoid (I see people using wrist wraps who can't hit 225 on bench), and buying things just to buy them or If I'm a fool and putting all my joints at risk. any thoughts on the joint wrapping is appreciated....
    Current 1 rep maxes:

Bench: 315
    Squat: 345
    Dead Lift: 405
    Standing OHP: 185 x 3

*lower back injuries! (herniated disc)
    I know my Squat/DL #'s are lagging compared to bench. I'm working on it now that the back is feeling good :)

a couple videos of my lifts on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa-invujoGGf0nGf7ufWq3w/videos

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Unless you are a powerlifter using them for competition you don't need any of them.

That said.......

You might find elbow or knee sleeves useful to help keep the joints warm between sets and add a little stability as you get older. I find my sleeves help prevent soreness (not pain) caused by cooling and stiffening joints during my workout

If someone is using wrist wraps, and claims to need them, to bench 225 its because they don't know how to hold a bar or bench press properly.

If you ever are experiencing pain while lifting, that is not the time to wrap, but to figure out what you are doing wrong or what you have injured so you don't make any damage worse.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i bought some wrist wraps because of some pain in my wrists sometimes. i think they help more for when i squat than when i bench (and given how little weight i squat maybe i need to revisit how i rack the bar?). i do feel like they're helpful also when i'm dumbbell pressing, but that could just be peace of mind.

if you don't have issues with your joints though i don't see why you'd spend money on that sort of thing.
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I tend to wrap my wrist when doing oly lifts (particularly snatches). It is not the act of getting the weight up, but bringing the weight down that bothers me. I do bounce it off my legs a little to take the impact from my wrist. I can see why people just drop the bar. I do not have bumper plates yet, so I do not drop. Aside from that, I do not feel the need for them

chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chicagojosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    guys, thank you all for the replies. I'll hold off then. I don't want to be dumb or cheap and not buy something I should be, but at the same point don't feel I need any of it either.
    Current 1 rep maxes:

Bench: 315
    Squat: 345
    Dead Lift: 405
    Standing OHP: 185 x 3

*lower back injuries! (herniated disc)
    I know my Squat/DL #'s are lagging compared to bench. I'm working on it now that the back is feeling good :)

a couple videos of my lifts on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa-invujoGGf0nGf7ufWq3w/videos