fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

experienced a crowded gym for the first time...

I'm traveling for work alone this week in Tampa so i decided to get a guest pass at LA fitness because what the hell else was i going to do after work... and its about 2 miles from the hotel i'm staying at. i went around 6 PM after work - IT WAS PACKED. i go to a mom-and-pop-ish type gym at home in NY which can be pretty empty at times, even during peak hours. i'm just still not over how crowded it was - girls were doing barbell hip thrusts on the floor in the path people walk on to get to the locker room, people would stand RIGHT next to you and hover and stare at you if you were on a machine they wanted to use just waiting for you to get off, guys were doing dumbbell workouts in the power rack because there was no space to do it anywhere else. it actually gave me anxiety. the people there were much more in shape than the people at my home gym though lol

anyway, there's no point to this thread - i just couldn't believe how crowded it was and i give props to people who go to a crowded gym like that on a regular basis. it made me appreciate my gym at home even more. and now i'm excited to get back to it.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I hate a crowded gym. I like to keep my intensity up and that's hard to do if you're always having to wait.

I honestly believe most people that "put up with" a crowded gym only do so to be seen. I used to wait until 9 PM to workout just to avoid any type of crowd.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I workout in the morning for this reason, or weekend afternoons are great. My gym is practically empty then

All power to the after work crowd- I wouldn't be caught dead there.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

probably not even aware Death-S's Avatar
    Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by fitfanatic123 View Post
    LA fitness
    this is why, LA fitness is a disease of a gym, and its where i go because its the only place i can get to during my lunch breaks. I hate it, everyone constantly stares, stand in your way and hover you, generally dont give af about you or anyone, just them. the worst part is now since i've gotten so used to it, i catch myself doing the same stuff, because why not? why should i be the only one who uses gym etiquette? Sorry, guy in the fitted cap staring at me while curling in the squat rack, i'm not going to watch you and see how amazing your terrible form is. stop looking at me, guy. its the type of crap that now i just stare at the floor when lift, i miss my old mom and pop always empty gym
    "Everything not saved will be lost." - Nintendo 'Quit Screen' Message
    "When you look big, you get big. simple math." - Albert Einstein

OEF X-XI, XII-XIII

cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used to hit the gym in the afternoon/evening after work and it was nearly always packed...I go to a pretty small gym too so there's not a whole lot of equipment to go around! Now that I'm temporarily unemployed I go in the mornings and its much better! Most of the time I have the weights section more or less to myself.

StillWaters14 is just really nice. (+1000) StillWaters14 is just really nice. (+1000) StillWaters14 is just really nice. (+1000) StillWaters14 is just really nice. (+1000) StillWaters14 is just really nice. (+1000) StillWaters14 is just really nice. (+1000) StillWaters14 is just really nice. (+1000) StillWaters14 is just really nice. (+1000) StillWaters14 is just really nice. (+1000) StillWaters14 is just really nice. (+1000) StillWaters14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gyming after work crew checking in. Its managable most days at my gym (a 24 hour fitness) but I don't go on Mondays for this reason.
    Team Amazon ~ Sisterhood of Iron

mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by StillWaters14 View Post
    Gyming after work crew checking in. Its managable most days at my gym (a 24 hour fitness) but I don't go on Mondays for this reason.
    Mondays are the worst at my gym. It's sad that everyone is so gung-ho about working out at the beginning of the week but by Friday the gym is empty again. I love going on Friday evenings because I'm the only no-life in there!

fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mtnliones5 View Post
    Mondays are the worst at my gym. It's sad that everyone is so gung-ho about working out at the beginning of the week but by Friday the gym is empty again. I love going on Friday evenings because I'm the only no-life in there!
    me too ! fridays around 6/630 PM at my gym are great.

Lacakdaisycal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lacakdaisycal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lacakdaisycal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lacakdaisycal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lacakdaisycal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lacakdaisycal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lacakdaisycal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know exactly what you mean! I go to a university gym..as you can imagine when school just began the gym was packed! I've never seen so many people in there before! I ended up going after 8 or 9pm when it was less crowded. Thank god as weeks passed, it started to clear out! Fridays are my favourite - when it's empty, as other people have said!

nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm at an LA Fitness but I do not go during peak hours. It can get frustrating to go when the gym is packed sometimes but the LA Fitness I go to it isn't bad. I have had worse times at Mom n Pop gyms where people feel more free to get away with nonsense. The last gym I was at the owner was arrested for armed robbery and murder though and it's not like I have been to all that many gyms.

FWIW Fridays at the gyms I go to are horrible. So are Mondays. We are right near a state college with a lot of athletics and the young jocks can be annoying. Less ego, more lifting!
    "We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt

Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Death-S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mtnliones5 View Post
    mondays are the absolute worst! its seems to be Global Chest Day, and the gyms always packed with people who binge over the weekend then say theyll start working out and only go monday, its like a weekly new years resolution -.-

OEF X-XI, XII-XIII

Originally Posted by nitefeatherz View Post
    I'm at an LA Fitness but I do not go during peak hours. It can get frustrating to go when the gym is packed sometimes but the LA Fitness I go to it isn't bad. I have had worse times at Mom n Pop gyms where people feel more free to get away with nonsense. The last gym I was at the owner was arrested for armed robbery and murder though and it's not like I have been to all that many gyms.

FWIW Fridays at the gyms I go to are horrible. So are Mondays. We are right near a state college with a lot of athletics and the young jocks can be annoying. Less ego, more lifting!
    that's really weird b/c the owner of the gym i go to was also arrested for murder... it's in NY though. i'm not sure if he still owns the gym or what, but still that's pretty weird !

http://clubindustry.com/profits/syne...ed-life-prison

cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cat10595 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nitefeatherz View Post
    Gotta love the groups of young jocks...there's a few at my gym in the afternoons, and really, if you're going to spend the majority of your time standing around chatting and not actually lifting, please get off the squat rack so other people can sue it!

RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I can't stand a crowded gym. I do everything I can to plan my work outs around peak times...and I will also even re-adjust when I go to the gym based on when I notice certain people going. For example, there is a group of young guys that go on Sundays, and they drive me nuts because they always come in a group of like, 5 and they occupy every single decent piece of equipment between the 5 of them, and they switch off... they are there FOREVER, too, so there is no getting things done when they're around. It's fuggin annoying as hell. So, I purposely make sure that I go early enough on Sundays before they get there.

Anyway.. I don't just hate crowded gyms because of having to wait... I also hate it, because I know others are waiting for me too, and I feel really rushed. My lifts are not even half as strong when I can't take decent enough rest periods between sets, and I don't like to feel rushed either because I feel that my form suffers when I'm just focused on getting it done quickly. Switching off with someone works for some things, but... not so much if you're doing squats and it's like a guy that's a foot taller than you and can lift four times what you can...then it's just a pain in the a$$ to have to readjust the squat rack height and un-rack and re-rack all the weights for each set. I'd honestly rather just go home and go for a run at that point...

The way my gym is set up too, makes just getting around the gym a hassle when it's crowded.

I personally don't know how people do it... I would rather drop a whole bunch of money to get all my own equipment before putting up with a crowded gym all the time.

euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    I workout in the morning for this reason, or weekend afternoons are great. My gym is practically empty then

All power to the after work crowd- I wouldn't be caught dead there.
    Same. I'm so not a morning person but make the effort to get up because afternoons at any gym suck!

I hate crowded gyms and try my damnedest to not work out at peak times. When i used to lift at one of the smaller less popular gyms at Pitt, it was awesome since its just two rooms and there weren't too many people. Buuuuut eventually everyone hears that theres a less-crowded gym and it started getting horrible at the normal peak hours. So i started going at weird times when its less busy, but of course, every one starts doing this -.- I hate hate hate when i specifically go at a weird time and its packed because everyones going at weird times. I went back at like 6 pm, a normal peak hour, and it was empty. I cant freakin win

OEF X-XI, XII-XIII

Orangutang19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orangutang19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orangutang19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orangutang19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orangutang19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orangutang19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always go when it's quiet too (usually 2-4pm).My old gym would be swarmed with school kids at around 3pm each day and then office workers after 5pm. My current gym doesn't have many school kids (other than older teens who are actually serious about lifting).

mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Death-S View Post
    I hate crowded gyms and try my damnedest to not work out at peak times. When i used to lift at one of the smaller less popular gyms at Pitt, it was awesome since its just two rooms and there weren't too many people. Buuuuut eventually everyone hears that theres a less-crowded gym and it started getting horrible at the normal peak hours. So i started going at weird times when its less busy, but of course, every one starts doing this -.- I hate hate hate when i specifically go at a weird time and its packed because everyones going at weird times. I went back at like 6 pm, a normal peak hour, and it was empty. I cant freakin win
    I went to Pitt too! Graduated in 2008. Oh my college days where I would walk up the hill to the Pete to just do cardio. *face palm* At least I didn't take the shuttle up the the hill!
    Beast in training...