ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question punching the heavy bag while sitting

when i punch the heavy bag, obviously i am using my legs a lot for generating the force through my body for each punch.
    but i'm considering punching the heavy bag while being seated (and will need a padded wall directly behind the chair/bench to keep stable).
    it would make my upper body do all the work and be good exercise for it.
    my question is, will it be safe for my back or will i be risking back muscle injury?

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    majority of that power comes from core ,not legs. and why possibly are you going to punch a bag sitting ? if you will minimize your physical effort, whats point of working out ?

ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ARIELwinterFAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ^ i already workout when i punch the heavy bag standing up, so the sit-down punching will be in addition.
    what i want to see is how punching the heavy bag while sitting down impacts my upper body.
    i'm just wondering if anyone else has tried this, and whether its known to cause injury (because its utterly unique).

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's a great way to create bad habits and bad form
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ARIELwinterFAN View Post
    ^ i already workout when i punch the heavy bag standing up, so the sit-down punching will be in addition.
    what i want to see is how punching the heavy bag while sitting down impacts my upper body.
    i'm just wondering if anyone else has tried this, and whether its known to cause injury (because its utterly unique).
    No no and no. Punch the bag standing, as hard as you can, so you get a stronger, more explosive punch. Use core powa, its awesome.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    throwing a punch is very much a rotational movement. By sitting down and punching . . . man you are going to be torqueing your spin to no end.

OP, trust me when I say you are not too advanced for your entire body to gain from a REGULAR heavy bag workout.

^ ^ yeah i know, i've only ever punched the heavy bag while standing up.
    its my favorite activity.
    i've never done it sitting down before.

vamte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    heavy bag while sitting is the weirdest idea ive ever heard.

Working on a heavy bag is mainly for cardio, technique, power and practicing combo...in no way it is for muscular development.
    being on a chair will negate all of the above....you dont risk any injuries if u do it sitted , u'll just waste a lot of time.

its definitely the most unique idea i've ever heard/said.
    its probably never been done in human history.

DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    or people tried it and realised it was useless.

whitelatino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't. Coming from a martial artist. (Done kenpo since 15). A lot of the power comes from your hips, core and back muscles along with your footwork moving into the punches. As someone above stated this will develop bad habits.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, its just a dumb idea from a young kid. Those are actually VERY common throughout human history.