Closed Thread
Page 184 of 313 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 284 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,520 of 9366
    woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000)
    gold finna crash on British folks sticking w/the EU
    337 crew
    767 crew
    misc millionaire crew
    misc island will be purchased w/ 100th million crew
    currently CEO $30/day crew

Pokemoncel

theRealGriNC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theRealGriNC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theRealGriNC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theRealGriNC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theRealGriNC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theRealGriNC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theRealGriNC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theRealGriNC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theRealGriNC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theRealGriNC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theRealGriNC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I made a thread on regular misc but i figure this is a better spot.....if you are talking to someone who has zero experience

what books would you recommend? things to do? amount of money to start messing around with?

I have 15k just sort of sitting there.

mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Venom08 View Post
    The high that was set last week at 1318 was SUPER bearish. I'm sorry but I think that was the top. It's more likely to have a cascading crash than a spike to the upside at this point.

it'll go up..eventually

what if brexit really happens? then chit will hit the fan!
    also chit will hit the fan if trump/cliton wins, lol typo

my plan is wait for huge crash, gold skyrockets, i selloff and buy stocks cheap

mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by theRealGriNC View Post
    I made a thread on regular misc but i figure this is a better spot.....if you are talking to someone who has zero experience

what books would you recommend? things to do? amount of money to start messing around with?

buy 15k of AMD stock and wait for buyout
    srs
    (yolo)

juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mike.hunt View Post
    buy 15k of AMD stock and wait for buyout
    srs
    (yolo)
    too late for that. its almost up 200% for the year
    $0 or $1 million crypto crew
    Ex-OMG crew

woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by theRealGriNC View Post

don't waste your time trying to do something that may never pan out. Buy index funds like SPY and you will do better than 90% of people srs.
    337 crew
    767 crew
    misc millionaire crew
    misc island will be purchased w/ 100th million crew
    currently CEO $30/day crew

Pokemoncel

Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by slamt View Post
    Got some puts in NFLX/TSLA o/n

Both massively coiled, keep trying to pop but gets faded every time, think bet is down

PCLN long looking juicy as fuk on the weekly
    got out of the tsla puts today before market closed you gotta be fukin kidding fuarkkrsdk:jkldfjksdf
    sd
    {fsdfsdf

oh my god i've been stalking this for a week+, lost patience and then this **** happens, i feel so sick

ckuyook is a name known to all. (+5000) ckuyook is a name known to all. (+5000) ckuyook is a name known to all. (+5000) ckuyook is a name known to all. (+5000) ckuyook is a name known to all. (+5000) ckuyook is a name known to all. (+5000) ckuyook is a name known to all. (+5000) ckuyook is a name known to all. (+5000) ckuyook is a name known to all. (+5000) ckuyook is a name known to all. (+5000) ckuyook is a name known to all. (+5000)
    tldr is at the bottom of this post

A few months ago, I left my math PhD program in my 3rd year because my advisor decided to move to a different country and I didn't want to follow him there, and there aren't any other schools I want to go to that will accept me. I've been working at a supermarket stocking shelves since then because I couldn't find a better job that I like, mainly because I don't think it's worth working a job I hate for better pay when I can just work an easier job for less pay. I got fired recently because I kept getting distracted since I still study math on my own all day and I think about problems I am trying to solve often on the job, and I just zone out for a while until someone interrupts me. So I moved back in with my mom, and I thought trading sounds interesting, so if I can make at least minimum wage then at least I will be working something that's kind of fun at the same time. The thing is, I have no money saved up (but I also have no debt at all). I'm looking to invest at least 12-18 hours every day studying trading (which is about the same as I used to spend on math every day while I was a student), but all in all, is it worth learning, or is it too risky for someone that's poor to try this since there's no initial seed money?

TL;DR: Is it viable for someone poor to start trading and maintain at least minimum wage with relative security?
    "I'd be dead,'' she said. ''He going to be my best friend for the rest of my life.''

Signature keeps disappearing crew
    Well under 10 lines crew
    Wtf m8 crew

Location: Height: 5'11", Weight: 160 lbs, United States Virgin Islands
    jawbruh is not very well liked. (-100) jawbruh is not very well liked. (-100) jawbruh is not very well liked. (-100) jawbruh is not very well liked. (-100) jawbruh is not very well liked. (-100) jawbruh is not very well liked. (-100) jawbruh is not very well liked. (-100) jawbruh is not very well liked. (-100) jawbruh is not very well liked. (-100) jawbruh is not very well liked. (-100) jawbruh is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Slamt View Post
    got out of the tsla puts today before market closed you gotta be fukin kidding fuarkkrsdk:jkldfjksdf
    sd
    {fsdfsdf

oh my god i've been stalking this for a week+, lost patience and then this **** happens, i feel so sick
    LOL, sorry to hear it brah

Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slamt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jawbruh View Post
    LOL, sorry to hear it brah

felt like it was gonna turn when i sold for 30% gains, and it did bump a dollar for a while. was gonna roll these 220's into 215's but then i got caught looking @ things on the call side and ended up never buying back into these tsla puts

these were weeklies too, FML

hope the guy who bought these two from me treats them well. gonna open at like 3k a piece tomorrow
    ;kadsfa
    sdlk;jsdfkjas

wil817 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wil817 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wil817 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wil817 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wil817 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wil817 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wil817 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wil817 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wil817 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wil817 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wil817 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

felt like it was gonna turn when i sold for 30% gains, and it did bump a dollar for a while. was gonna roll these 220's into 215's but then i got caught looking @ things on the call side and ended up never buying back into these tsla puts

these were weeklies too, FML

hope the guy who bought these two from me treats them well. gonna open at like 3k a piece tomorrow
    ;kadsfa
    sdlk;jsdfkjas
    Be happy that you made 30%. At least you didn't lose any. I had a single 220 iron condor on TSLA that I imagine will be at max loss tomorrow.

Originally Posted by wil817 View Post
    Be happy that you made 30%. At least you didn't lose any. I had a single 220 iron condor on TSLA that I imagine will be at max loss tomorrow.
    I could have made 1,000% bro, but you're right.

Only thing that is helping me cope right now is that NFLX/FB played out very well for me today.

Registered User gainzcheckingin's Avatar
    gainzcheckingin is not very well liked. (-100) gainzcheckingin is not very well liked. (-100) gainzcheckingin is not very well liked. (-100) gainzcheckingin is not very well liked. (-100) gainzcheckingin is not very well liked. (-100) gainzcheckingin is not very well liked. (-100) gainzcheckingin is not very well liked. (-100) gainzcheckingin is not very well liked. (-100) gainzcheckingin is not very well liked. (-100) gainzcheckingin is not very well liked. (-100) gainzcheckingin is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ckuyook View Post
    tldr is at the bottom of this post

A few months ago, I left my math PhD program in my 3rd year because my advisor decided to move to a different country and I didn't want to follow him there, and there aren't any other schools I want to go to that will accept me. I've been working at a supermarket stocking shelves since then because I couldn't find a better job that I like, mainly because I don't think it's worth working a job I hate for better pay when I can just work an easier job for less pay. I got fired recently because I kept getting distracted since I still study math on my own all day and I think about problems I am trying to solve often on the job, and I just zone out for a while until someone interrupts me. So I moved back in with my mom, and I thought trading sounds interesting, so if I can make at least minimum wage then at least I will be working something that's kind of fun at the same time. The thing is, I have no money saved up (but I also have no debt at all). I'm looking to invest at least 12-18 hours every day studying trading (which is about the same as I used to spend on math every day while I was a student), but all in all, is it worth learning, or is it too risky for someone that's poor to try this since there's no initial seed money?

TL;DR: Is it viable for someone poor to start trading and maintain at least minimum wage with relative security?
    Yes. For 99% of the people out there, I highly recommend looking into alternative methods of making money. Investing is a long game, and you should not be expecting any significant income for decades. That being said, if you do not at least become a millionaire in 30 years, you failed. I say this because this is possible for the vast majority of people working a chitty job by simply saving 10% of your income every month and putting it into various index funds and bonds.

For the 1% with strong quantitative abilities, math background (STEM brahs), etc then trading is a very viable way to make money. Start looking into options, financial derivatives, and other instruments which is highly math-based. You don't need to know how to derive the Black-Scholes, but you do need to understand what a stochastic process is, random walk theory, etc.

@ckuyook: tldr There are ways to use math to directly hedge away your risk (100% profit), similar to how multi-billion quant hedge funds make their money. You will make **** in the beginning if you have no capital, but it will add up extremely quickly if you know what you are doing.

sd
    {fsdfsdf

Damn son

GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ughh tsla...was not ready for that dip. Wanted to load puts should have ran a spread but I was trying to be greedy.

iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    sd{fsdfsdf **** happens, i feel so sick
    dam brah i saw your post yesterday was hoping you still had them..30pts ITM would've been sweet
    1k+

Originally Posted by iPhoneSRQ View Post
    dam brah i saw your post yesterday was hoping you still had them..30pts ITM would've been sweet
    Just gotta hit the next one

think it will be BIDU. Will take some GOOGL puts if it holds under 701.75.

IBB about to hit a pretty key 250 lvl.

did some analysis on BIDU as well...

Spoiler!

cliffs: cats game

thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iPhoneSRQ View Post
    Og were u been at cuz

Slamt that's life son.jpg

still remember my first potential 10 bagger. 3x silver etf, bought and sold at 10% gain. Thought I was a genius

Next week it went over 1000%

SRS

was at chickfila looking at my phone just numb

Could have changed my life oh well lmao
    "I bet your parents taught you that you mean something, that you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all... They taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to."

Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^ lol, I remember May 2011.

monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just buy dividend paying bank stocks

brb dividends = built-in hedge against inflation
    brb banks haven't cut their dividend in like 100 years

Das it mane
    -always pick 4 crew
    -mod negged crew
    -mod repped crew
    -Conservative crew
    -DeSantis/Trump 2024 crew

thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by monty097 View Post
    just buy dividend paying bank stocks

brb dividends = built-in hedge against inflation
    brb banks haven't cut their dividend in like 100 years

Das it mane

Wow what an amazing strategy I well use this from now on!

Thanks guy can't believe I never thought if this.
    "I bet your parents taught you that you mean something, that you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all... They taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to."

monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thetrebel View Post
    Wow what an amazing strategy I well use this from now on!

Thanks guy can't believe I never thought if this.
    GOAT strategy, never been done
    -always pick 4 crew
    -mod negged crew
    -mod repped crew
    -Conservative crew
    -DeSantis/Trump 2024 crew

Nice, my bois at Barclays coming through with the PCLN upgrade

30 dollar gap at open so far HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNg

Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sd
    {fsdfsdf

There are quite a few that are up 1800-2400% right now... I imagine they were up way more when it was at the lows $6 ago.

stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IV is INSANE right now. pricing in a 2% move on the SPX on referendum result

Just found this subreddit

Reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets

Full of trolling and yolo bets, love it

jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in it to win it.

NVCN, IMNP, Keeping my eye on GBSN.

AMD is a possibility.
    "There are some who do not fear death for they are more afraid of really living."-Ancient proverb

Between the buried and me

Originally Posted by jiujitsubro View Post
    in it to win it.

NVCN, IMNP, Keeping my eye on GBSN.

AMD is a possibility.
    NVCN - being investigated for class action lawsuit just lol
    IMNP - never heard of it, strong pump and dump last year
    GBSN - terrible company been watching it for a few months, has a few nice pops but would never buy, it's on strong downward trend

Those stocks are fricking awful m8

AMD is a great buy especially after today's drop.

Buying scrub stocks that are sub $1 and have been on downward trend for months/years is pretty much guaranteed way to go broke. Don't try to "catch a falling knife" as they say.
    Check out VGZ and MSTX 3 month charts, jump in ride the rollercoaster up and jump out before it falls off the cliff lol

jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mike.hunt View Post
    NVCN - being investigated for class action lawsuit just lol
    IMNP - never heard of it, strong pump and dump last year
    GBSN - terrible company been watching it for a few months, has a few nice pops but would never buy, it's on strong downward trend

Those stocks are fricking awful m8

AMD is a great buy especially after today's drop.

Buying scrub stocks that are sub $1 and have been on downward trend for months/years is pretty much guaranteed way to go broke. Don't try to "catch a falling knife" as they say.
    Check out VGZ and MSTX 3 month charts, jump in ride the rollercoaster up and jump out before it falls off the cliff lol
    I'm testing the waters at the moment and going a little at a time to learn the system. I'm not pros like you guys just yet. I've got the background for it just never thought of playing the game live until now.

Thank i'm adding those to the watch.
    Last edited by jiujitsubro; 06-22-2016 at 07:07 PM.
    "There are some who do not fear death for they are more afraid of really living."-Ancient proverb

Between the buried and me

Closed Thread
Page 184 of 313 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 284 ... LastLast