Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I might try the classic physique division out next year. Still skeptical that natural guys will have a chance, though.

Recommend this for anyone who might enjoy old school bodybuilding. Inb4 fruity as fuark cover.

flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by blue9steel View Post
    I don't like how Ronnie and Phil look, sure they're big but in my opinion they've lost proportionality.
    A pattern in the chaos.

IngeKJ is just really nice. (+1000) IngeKJ is just really nice. (+1000) IngeKJ is just really nice. (+1000) IngeKJ is just really nice. (+1000) IngeKJ is just really nice. (+1000) IngeKJ is just really nice. (+1000) IngeKJ is just really nice. (+1000) IngeKJ is just really nice. (+1000) IngeKJ is just really nice. (+1000) IngeKJ is just really nice. (+1000) IngeKJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by nzgs View Post
    If it's about conditioned size, then why didn't Dexter or Wolf win? They both carry more conditioned muscle than Phillipe. It's not the same as Dorian/Ronnie at all, because both those guys were impressive in many ways. Heath gets dwarfed standing next to gymrats and is narrower than the physique guys with the gut of a powerlifter. He's a ****ing mess and every year he gets worse.

Anyone can get huge if they eat enough food with the right drug combo. Stop acting like it takes genetic freaks, ANYONE can do it, and that's exactly why the open division is so bad, because it's a bunch of genetic rejects in chemical warfare. The only limiting factors are $$$$ and the willingness to shorten one's lifespan. It's a myth that they have the genetics to tolerate the chemicals. None of them can tolerate it, they are all frying their organs. They are all just trying to get through their careers before their organs give out, and if they are lucky maybe they will live to 60.

These days anyone with genetics goes into physique or fitness modelling.
    Youre ****ing lost in the head if you believe anyone can look like Ramy, Ronnie, Kai or Phil or anything remotely close.

guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If it's about conditioned size, then why didn't Dexter or Wolf win? They both carry more conditioned muscle than Phillipe. It's not the same as Dorian/Ronnie at all, because both those guys were impressive in many ways. Heath gets dwarfed standing next to gymrats and is narrower than the physique guys with the gut of a powerlifter. He's a ****ing mess and every year he gets worse.

Anyone can get huge if they eat enough food with the right drug combo. Stop acting like it takes genetic freaks, ANYONE can do it, and that's exactly why the open division is so bad, because it's a bunch of genetic rejects in chemical warfare. The only limiting factors are $$$$ and the willingness to shorten one's lifespan. It's a myth that they have the genetics to tolerate the chemicals. None of them can tolerate it, they are all frying their organs. They are all just trying to get through their careers before their organs give out, and if they are lucky maybe they will live to 60.

These days anyone with genetics goes into physique or fitness modelling.
    Hey I'm not defending every call out and placing, wolf had the size and conditioning, Dexter lacks size, it's hard to explain, but pictures don't do Phil justice, he has so much thick muscle and full round muscle bellies.

But I'm comparing Phil to the 5'8 buck 65 pretty boys competing in Bermuda shorts.

The two aren't comparable in anyway.

You may prefer one physique over the other, but in terms of the sport Phil is light years ahead.

The only analogy I can think of is you may prefer a vintage 1970 Porsche, you like the look, you like to drive it, it appeals to your taste, but you're out of you mind if you think it can win a race against an F1 car.

guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I always thought Serge Nubret looked fantastic:

Big, lean, proportional, but not overdone.
    Actually Nubret suffers from the same thing I mentioned about Simon Panda earlier, looks fantastic in "relaxed" poses, but disappears in the mandatories especially the front double bi.

Amazing tie ins make him look bigger than he actually was, look at the photos from the 75 Olympia and Lou and Arnold or look at a pic of him next to Sergio and they crush him in terms of size and proportion and symmetry.

(I'm a huge Nubret fan too btw!)

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by guyver79 View Post
    Actually Nubret suffers from the same thing I mentioned about Simon Panda earlier, looks fantastic in "relaxed" poses, but disappears in the mandatories especially the front double bi.

Amazing tie ins make him look bigger than he actually was, look at the photos from the 75 Olympia and Lou and Arnold or look at a pic of him next to Sergio and they crush him in terms of size and proportion and symmetry.

(I'm a huge Nubret fan too btw!)
    Lou and Arnold were certainly bigger. Went and looked at the pics from 75, I think Serge looks better than Lou but that's just my opinion. Arnold of course looked great.

Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think Serge looks better than Lou but that's just my opinion.
    Judges thought that too.
    "Kai's traps outsize him, when you compare them to the rest of his body, he's very very thick there, it makes him unbalanced." - Lee Thompson

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MattBro95 View Post
    A lot of dumb phucks in this thread arguing on both sides.

Of course by today's judging standards and requirements, Phil heath would trash this guy. He doesn't come close to the size needed to be taken seriously. ****, if Arnold came around now a days the exact same size he was in his olympia days, he wouldn't even be taken seriously.

I think what people want is a new set of judging standards which draws less attention to size, and more attention to aesthetics symmetry and proportion.. In which case Phil would get his arse handed to him.

Bodybuilding is a subjective sport you bunch of imbeciles, not one type of body is better than the other, it depends what you are looking for, and a large proportion of the fitness community now are starting to favour the idea of a smaller more aesthetic type of physique. Therefore to meet demand they introduced the classics.

This whole discussion actually epitomizes what is wrong with body building today, most bodybuilders and fans are a bunch of fukin potatoes.

Also lol at the people that defending the condition on display at the Olympia this year, GTFO it was fukin ****e you bunch of **** wits.

Agreed except for the last line. The conditioning the top 4 guys at the Olympia had this year was great. Way better than last year.

Originally Posted by guyver79 View Post
    I agree with some of what you said, but the physique guys would get killed in the open class.

First and foremost it's always been size and conditioning.

They're not looking for the next abercrombie and Fitch model.

People bitched about Dorian beating Shawn Ray but Dorian dwarfed Shaw ray.

People bitched about Ronnie during his rain, they complained about his gut, but IRL his gut wasn't that bad because the rest of his physique absolutely crushed the rest of the line up.

Like you said it's subjective but people were crying out for a physique like phil's during Ronnie's reign.
    Yup. I was one of the people crying out for a physique like Phil's during Ronnie's reign. That's why I'm glad Dexter won an Olympia and that Phil is the current champ.

It's about the overall package. Wolf has glaring weaknesses and muscles that aren't fully developed whereas Phil does not. Dexter was a little tighter than Phil, but Phil was pretty on point and basically looks like a bigger, thicker version of Dexter, so he wins.

Can def tell you're a Phil hater though. Lol @ calling this the "gut of a powerllifter" (yes we know some powerlifters are aesthetic, but we know what you're talking about, too)

flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A pattern in the chaos.

Lou and Arnold were certainly bigger. Went and looked at the pics from 75, I think Serge looks better than Lou but that's just my opinion. Arnold of course looked great.
    I meant in terms of size.

Serge had a very slight build with not much width, the front double bi serge's lack of width, legs and lats becomes apparent.

Arnold said of himself in one of his books that he (Arnold) doesn't look particularly muscular whereas Franco does but when Arnold hits poses he described himself as opening up like an "accordion".

To me Serge looked to have the opposite effect, he looked very underwhelming in some poses.

^^^That's just my personal opinion based on what I'd noticed btw.

ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by flangmasterj View Post
    Lucky Heath has well developed forearms, his midsection is sticking further out than the point to which I have extrapolated his chest to stick out to.

TEAM WOLF
    TEAM WOLF + TEAM KAI +TEAM CEDRIC + TEAM ROMGLE - TEAM RAMY - TEAM FAIR JUDGING
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    20 Years of bodybuilding knowledge, it does n't come easy 'FullROM 2012'
    Always train with a FullROM - Do not brag about how much weight you can lift if you do not use a FullROM - 'FullROM 2012'
    TEAM LEVRONE

Jonphinguyen7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jonphinguyen7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jonphinguyen7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jonphinguyen7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jonphinguyen7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jonphinguyen7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jonphinguyen7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jonphinguyen7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jonphinguyen7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jonphinguyen7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jonphinguyen7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Man JOJ's traps though!!
    Rice and Chicken Crew

Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Artemus has a cool Instagram. He is big into golden era type physiques.
    I know who I am. And after all these years, there’s a victory in that.

All liberals deserve death

*Proud member of the misc 767 & USA vs. Germany world cup ban
    -People who say money can't buy happiness, have never paid the adoption fee at the pound and went home with a new best friend
    *There's no such thing as a bad dog, only a bad dog owner

If you see myself and swoleyo in a thread, remind me to rep him.

Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by masthead716 View Post
    Logged in just to laugh at all the Artemis kids that have zero bodybuilding knowledge and only know of this idiot because of Instagram and his whole Golden Age Aesthetics crap.....this is the same meatstick who claimed he was natural on Ric Drasin's YouTube channel and got his sh*t pushed in by so many people he retracted his natural claim.

Go put Artemis on a national stage, for all you aesthetics clowns out there that try to stay in single digit bodyfat their entire life and never make any progress because Jeff Seid told you to brah. You have Artemis step on stage and put him through mandatory poses next to complete bodybuilders (not Alpha Designs black and white, filtered to the hilt pictures that could make Jason Genova look like Frank Zane) and his weaknesses, lack of completeness, lagging bodyparts, and all the other things he hides on social media would be beyond glaring. He has good shape, and in certain shots looks good, but he's just another Simeon Panda type.

He looks good relaxed or doing some variation of a regurgitated Zyzz pose like every other IG fitness model, but when actually posing like a bodybuilder this guy would get steamrolled in any era. This new generation of fitness fans that literally don't know dick and try and comment about bodybuilding and try to compare this guy to real, legitimate bodybuilders and say this is what should represent the sport are morons. Go ahead, put Artemis in classic physique with someone like a Sadik or Felipe Franco but with another 15-20 pounds and see how he does.

He's just another mediocre physique on IG in a sea of guys who all look just like him who make money off kids like the 18 year old, 127 pound, possibly autistic OP who at this very moment is wearing a Jeff Seid "aesthetics over everything" stringer, golden age aesthetics short shorts, and has tabs open for the latest upcoming local festivals, and a limited edition Shavershian athletics fanny pack in his shopping cart for $129.99 being sold by the 47 year old big brother lining his pockets by pimping out Zyzz memorabilia, and just booked his upcoming tattoo appointment to start his standard issue chest/shoulder/arm sleeve that has a unique level of artistry and authenticity found only in Michael Bay films.
    Wow I was not aware thank you. I was a big fan of his physique. But wow. Thanks.
    I know who I am. And after all these years, there’s a victory in that.

All liberals deserve death

*Proud member of the misc 767 & USA vs. Germany world cup ban
    -People who say money can't buy happiness, have never paid the adoption fee at the pound and went home with a new best friend
    *There's no such thing as a bad dog, only a bad dog owner

If you see myself and swoleyo in a thread, remind me to rep him.

jsnyde45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsnyde45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsnyde45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsnyde45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsnyde45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsnyde45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsnyde45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsnyde45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsnyde45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsnyde45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsnyde45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by masthead716 View Post
    Logged in just to laugh at all the Artemis kids that have zero bodybuilding knowledge and only know of this idiot because of Instagram and his whole Golden Age Aesthetics crap.....this is the same meatstick who claimed he was natural on Ric Drasin's YouTube channel and got his sh*t pushed in by so many people he retracted his natural claim.

Go put Artemis on a national stage, for all you aesthetics clowns out there that try to stay in single digit bodyfat their entire life and never make any progress because Jeff Seid told you to brah. You have Artemis step on stage and put him through mandatory poses next to complete bodybuilders (not Alpha Designs black and white, filtered to the hilt pictures that could make Jason Genova look like Frank Zane) and his weaknesses, lack of completeness, lagging bodyparts, and all the other things he hides on social media would be beyond glaring. He has good shape, and in certain shots looks good, but he's just another Simeon Panda type.

He looks good relaxed or doing some variation of a regurgitated Zyzz pose like every other IG fitness model, but when actually posing like a bodybuilder this guy would get steamrolled in any era. This new generation of fitness fans that literally don't know dick and try and comment about bodybuilding and try to compare this guy to real, legitimate bodybuilders and say this is what should represent the sport are morons. Go ahead, put Artemis in classic physique with someone like a Sadik or Felipe Franco but with another 15-20 pounds and see how he does.

He's just another mediocre physique on IG in a sea of guys who all look just like him who make money off kids like the 18 year old, 127 pound, possibly autistic OP who at this very moment is wearing a Jeff Seid "aesthetics over everything" stringer, golden age aesthetics short shorts, and has tabs open for the latest upcoming local festivals, and a limited edition Shavershian athletics fanny pack in his shopping cart for $129.99 being sold by the 47 year old big brother lining his pockets by pimping out Zyzz memorabilia, and just booked his upcoming tattoo appointment to start his standard issue chest/shoulder/arm sleeve that has a unique level of artistry and authenticity found only in Michael Bay films.
    wow, salty much?

FizBomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FizBomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FizBomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FizBomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FizBomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FizBomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FizBomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FizBomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FizBomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FizBomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FizBomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tshelby123 View Post
    I might try the classic physique division out next year. Still skeptical that natural guys will have a chance, though.

Recommend this for anyone who might enjoy old school bodybuilding. Inb4 fruity as fuark cover.

I've got a copy of that book signed by the man himself!

Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jsnyde45 View Post
    wow, salty much?
    anything to add?
    Grainy hardcore religious slabs of thick dense muscle. So grainy that it hurts your eyes

Originally Posted by ROMMYromboid View Post
    Lucky Heath has well developed forearms
    Also to hold that new scaled up Sandow he just won.
    A pattern in the chaos.

masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    These are my favorite type of bodybuilding pictures. To have access to Charles Lowthian's entire camera roll compiled into an album would be so epic. He always gets these unreal backstage/candid pics from a real perspective that shows just how impressive these guys are. That's an "off" Phil and you could probably barely pinch a piece of skin off that lower posterior chain.

Great f*cking pic flang
    Instagram - @dan_evan1