blockzilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blockzilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arm Wrestling Injury

Long story short, we had quite a bit to drink and a friend and I decided to armwrestle. It was a tough match and put a lot of strain on my arm. I didn't feel anything right away, but it hurt really bad in my shoulder the next day. Now here I am 2 weeks later and it still hurts. Its pretty painful during Dips, and when unracking the bar for incline presses. I can also feel it when doing dumbell presses and skullcrushers. It is like a needling pain when I do a circle with my arm (mimicing a baseball throwing motion). Is this a possible rotator cuff injury?

btw, I won the match but I'm never armwrestling again.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    sounds like RC to me. i'd see a doctor/physiotherapist for a better assessment. if it's been two weeks and not getting better, that isn't the best sign.

btw, don't you hate it how whenever you get injured the day it happens you feel 100%, then the next day is when it sets in, heh
    Booo

blockzilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blockzilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it actually has gotten quite a bit better, just hasn't gone away. I think if I take a week or so off it would heal up, but I really don't want to since the injury happened while I was on vacation and that was a week off pretty recently. I was just curious what the injury might be and how serious it is. thanks.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    *smacks you on the head* well there's your problem

i was under the assumption you had already taken a week or two off and were coming back to it. take a week or two off and let it heal.
    Booo

Talking

lol, I know, I know. The damn gym is just so addicting though.

lbcrascals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

i have the same problem

i also sprain my arm while arm wrestling. i work at ups so there is no time that i can rest except weekends. what should i do? it's been like over 2 weeks and i can still feel it. any ideas? i am currently taking ibuprfen.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by lbcrascals
    i also sprain my arm while arm wrestling. i work at ups so there is no time that i can rest except weekends. what should i do? it's been like over 2 weeks and i can still feel it. any ideas? i am currently taking ibuprfen.

same advice i gave before - just try to rest it; maybe take osme sick days or something; it ain't gona heal if you're stressing it moving boxes and whatnot.

jeese, anybody seeing a pattern here ..... armwrestling and injuries, hehe, very common
    <->

Kayslay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayslay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayslay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayslay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayslay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayslay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayslay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayslay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayslay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayslay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayslay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I snapped my humerus arm wrestling, and I wasn't even losing.

Took me 12 weeks before I could bend it again, another 12 before I could lift 90% of what I was lifting before. Still struggle with overhead pressing/extensions.

The bone joined at a 20 degree angle, and my tricep looks entirely alien. I feel and hear a dull "thud" every time I flex my right bicep now, as it rolls over the bone lump that formed at the fracture site.

I don't think I'll armwrestle again.

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Kayslay

Took me 12 weeks before I could bend it again, another 12 before I could lift 90% of what I was lifting before. Still struggle with overhead pressing/extensions.

The bone joined at a 20 degree angle, and my tricep looks entirely alien. I feel and hear a dull "thud" every time I flex my right bicep now, as it rolls over the bone lump that formed at the fracture site.

Jeez man.....I can't imagine what that much feel like. OW!
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    8 posts and 3 are seperate injuries from seperate people, who needs upright rows when you have arm wrestling

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Get the idea ..don't arm wrestle.

Stop doig dips until its better would be my suggestion.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Kayslay

ouch
    <->

Registered User TAKINGTHISBOARD's Avatar
    TAKINGTHISBOARD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    checked out a couple of the arm wrestling threads like this....lot of injuries and not any real anwsers. so i took on a match 3 weeks ago big ogar looking dude. well crack crack held him for about 35 seconds. but lost. all the guys watching heard it i did'nt. i knew about 2 hard weeks in the gym and i would come back and win. nope. so the pain its right in the middle and goes both ways but more to the shoulder. it sucks weird but it always last for 1 1/2 hours with 3 tylon. but the same from most threads almost all the workouts suffer where im at like 50 % or less. but im a true damm tarus at heart. and i wont quit until i break, so i went trying to build around it. nope. leave the gym and cant even put the truck in drive...lol so had to rest it. nope still got guys hunting me down to arm wrestle and i meen they want to beat me bad. so a couple days went by and hit this guy at the auto auction working security. he wanted to put it on camera. so i went won that 1 really got lucky used all i had left at about what felt like 40 % anyways here we go again 1 1/2 more hours of pain the real bad kind. but no tears. hit the gym some more not so bad, but maybe 60% never 100 since now we come to today.... another rookie wants the belt, told him at his best he would'nt be able to even hold me for 3 seconds. well he made it to 4 and at 2 you know the story it cracked cracked cracked, yep 1 1/2 more hours of pain this time took 5 500 mg tylon. this is what i will tell you tonight i will work tiredlessly to get the anwsers for the ones who suffer whit this like me, it sucks because i'm really good at it. and now it seems like i cant do it. but i have had these pains over the years they will go away. you have to strengthen those key muscles for the arm when you get better watch your oppents, i took on way to big of a guy who i thought was'nt that strong... well i have to pay for that now. this week i will go on cissus for the joints and the ligaments. i'm going after ever arm exercise that it will let me do without the throbbing pain because when that starts during workout from whatever, just stop it keeps getting worse and worse, now this was my injury and it might be like yours it might not. but there are a lot of people i arm wrestle who are a lot weaker who don't get this,i mean you can dam near rip there arm off and there ok. from another post yes it will also hurt me just the same if i throw a base ball for more that 5 minutes. the 1 1/2 pain. i will repost when i get more helpful info. but i'm going to be stubburn and not quit, until i would have to lose the arm for 24 plus hours, then to the er. i guess. to all of you keep on winning.....