Thread: Bankart Lesion

Stack412 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Bankart Lesion

I have been dealing with shoulder problems for years now. So I went to this orthopedic that supposedly was a "good" surgeon. He said I was fine. Then after another 3 months it was still bothering me so I went to my orthopedic doctor that did my ulnar nerve surgery and he did an MRI. The results indicated it was a Bankart Lesion. I know I have to get surgery based off my symptoms and quality of life. My question is how much is this going to hurt me in the long run for lifting? How much are my muscles going to "deteriorate"? For anyone that had this surgery, how long was recovery?

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How long it will take to recover is highly dependent on how much work the surgeon needs to do. Have this conversation with your surgeon. The surgery can return you to where you were before and you can end up being stronger. Figure on allowing up to a year to recover fully. Take a look at this thread - lots of good information http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=161781853

Registered User 2Rude4MyOwnGood's Avatar
    2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Stack412 View Post
    I have been dealing with shoulder problems for years now. So I went to this orthopedic that supposedly was a "good" surgeon. He said I was fine. Then after another 3 months it was still bothering me so I went to my orthopedic doctor that did my ulnar nerve surgery and he did an MRI. The results indicated it was a Bankart Lesion. I know I have to get surgery based off my symptoms and quality of life. My question is how much is this going to hurt me in the long run for lifting? How much are my muscles going to "deteriorate"? For anyone that had this surgery, how long was recovery?

You'll experience some muscle atrophy after surgery, but it'll come back once you recover and are able to strengthen them.

Recovery time is dependent on many factors including your age, extent of the injury, and your level of commitment to physical therapy and recovery. Generally speaking, the smaller the repair, the easier/faster your recovery will be.

Some guys can bounce back in about 4 months, others it may take 6-8. You're a young guy so if your tear isn't incredibly large you'll probably recover pretty quickly with the help of a good physical therapist. 4-6 months would be a reasonable expectation. It may take a little while longer to get full ROM back though.