Florida6ft4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Florida6ft4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Florida6ft4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Florida6ft4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Florida6ft4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Florida6ft4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Florida6ft4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Florida6ft4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Florida6ft4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Florida6ft4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Florida6ft4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I used to be the youngest guy in the gym, then one day i looked

around and saw that i'm the oldest guy in the gym. Of course, depends on the gym and time of day but thought others here might also possibly relate.

I work out at LA Fitness and have access to a dozen different gyms in the area. Went to a new LA Fitness in Bradenton today and there were a fair amount of people running the spectrum of all ages. But i noticed, I'm in the minority, wearing normal sleeved t-shirt when most everyone else is wearing form fitted compression apparel or scissor-cut shirts, although no complaints whatsoever with the women in yoga pants as i think yoga pants were God's git to mankind.

Anyways, i think because i'm tall i get stared at more than usual. I'm not the strongest guy in the gym but i might be at that time yet i don't look like it. Probably in my head, but i feel like i get respect from others paying attention when i do my heavy sets, particularly because i warm up with the bar or very light weights, so people probably think i'm on the weaker side when i first sit down.

Started with the bar on seated shoulder press and worked up to 245 for 5. then did seated dumbbell shoulder presses with the 100's for 8 which is as heavy as the dumbbells go at that location.

I understand ego is in play here, but wondering how others deal with the change in age demographics. For me, it makes me feel young for lack of a better word when i can out lift most of the young guns.

Then once in a while i go back to Lion Heart Fitness to workout where there are world record holders in the raw category for bench and deadlift. I saw a 50+ guy bench 520. There is one guy in there Leon who i believe is 74 with a pause bench of 365.

So, it's good to be humbled.

But more importantly, i'm wondering what your thoughts are in what keeps you going to the gym?

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Florida6ft4 View Post
    what your thoughts are in what keeps you going to the gym?
    Well, I don't "go to the gym", but I understand the question. The answer is.. the alternative. Being weak sucks. At least to me ( because I've been there ) .
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Florida6ft4 View Post

But more importantly, i'm wondering what your thoughts are in what keeps you going to the gym?

The scenery.

Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jj341 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like going to the gym and being in shape. That's what keeps me going. After awhile I got to know other lifters who are on my schedule. They are younger than me and are respectful that an older guy continues to lift. Sometimes I can work in with what they're doing.
    Many of them seek advice on their life situations. I guess I'm sort of an elder statesman.
    They remind me of how I lifted when I was their age as they go for their max bench presses.
    It's good to have a bit of comradery with them.

Go TB RAYS/BUCS/LIGHTNING Like It Or Not's Avatar
    Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000) Like It Or Not is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I work out at Planet Fitness, they don't have many free weight there other then DB's up to 75 lbs, so it's mostly machines and cardio there. I guess I don't worry about what other people think or do. I mean, I see big guys lifting lighter weights, but, I just work on me. Maybe they are nursing an injury, coming back from an injury, just getting back into the gym, etc. I just go, work on myself, enjoy the nice scenery while I'm there and get out. I do laugh inside though when I see the way some of these people lift and some of the crazy exercises they do.

CAJASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) CAJASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) CAJASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) CAJASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) CAJASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) CAJASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) CAJASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) CAJASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) CAJASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) CAJASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) CAJASON is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I go in at about 4 or 5Am.... I'm still one of the youngest and best looking at that our, but every passing minute brings danger.