Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How you going Lexbrah.

Been feeling like I have been losing my marbles lately as well. One day I'm happy to grind the 9-5 to build some wealth the next day I am ready to quit my career for good and by a one way ticket somewhere in the middle of nowhere and just get lost.

My indecisiveness is getting worse and worse.

sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As cliche as it may sound - do what you want. Problem is many people they don't really know what they want. For every person on this planet it's something different, you gotta find it.

Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz
    If you are talking about from a biological viewpoint, then to spread your genes. But if you are talking about a normal view, then I guess to enjoy it as much as you want, live each day like it will be your last, love your parents, cherish your friends, and have a drive to succeed.
    RIP Pedro Suarez Vertiz. Te queremos Hermano

If your right leg is Thanksgiving and your left leg is Christmas, can I come and visit you between the holidays?

hcfresh is not very helpful. (-500) hcfresh is not very helpful. (-500) hcfresh is not very helpful. (-500) hcfresh is not very helpful. (-500) hcfresh is not very helpful. (-500) hcfresh is not very helpful. (-500) hcfresh is not very helpful. (-500) hcfresh is not very helpful. (-500) hcfresh is not very helpful. (-500) hcfresh is not very helpful. (-500) hcfresh is not very helpful. (-500)
    Life is about discovering what you believe, and then carrying it out with conviction. Nothing more to it, in my eyes.

Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Most probably nothing... Regardless of what you did during your lifetime, you die, and that's it, that's all she wrote.

This is just fantasy thinking for the fun of it, but it'd be cool if it the ultimate end goal was instead to unlock the fundamental questions -such as the question posed in this thread- about our universe through gradual progress made across generations. This is actually a continuous process that has been going on since the "base" generation. With each generation, we iteratively advance our knowledge of the universe by passing down refined and advanced understanding of our universe. It'd be cool if there was some sort of convergence in our knowledge in the end, in which our beliefs of the universe approached the ground-truth answers to these questions.

Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz
    Maybe we are all part of an experiment by higher-dimensional aliens who view us as their lab experiment.
    RIP Pedro Suarez Vertiz. Te queremos Hermano

If your right leg is Thanksgiving and your left leg is Christmas, can I come and visit you between the holidays?

jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I want to live life to the fulliest by:
    being a celeb
    taking tons of pics with people
    having a variety of clothing
    making out tons hehe
    having tons of sex
    The Misc is dead.

LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bar182 View Post
    How you going Lexbrah.

Been feeling like I have been losing my marbles lately as well. One day I'm happy to grind the 9-5 to build some wealth the next day I am ready to quit my career for good and by a one way ticket somewhere in the middle of nowhere and just get lost.

My indecisiveness is getting worse and worse.
    Heya, I'm good thanks. You?

That sounds so eerily similar to me, it's actually funny. One day "I'm going to build an EMPIRE", the next week "F-this, I'm going to build a hut in Hawaii on the beach and spend all day fishing, sailing and surfing" haha.

I was saying to my Dad the other night that I was feeling quite depressed and down about life and that I had the worst year I have had in a while because I hadn't managed to complete many of my new years resolutions and felt like a failure. He said "are you joking? You've bought a house, you've started up a new company, you've bought a 40ft sailing boat, been on 4 holidays, done well with work etc.."

I think that I've been so busy focusing on the future and 'hitting targets' that I've completely missed what is happening in the present. I have taken everything that has happened this year for granted.

Also because nearly all of my goals were along the lines of "make X amount in savings before Y date" - it failed to take into account spending money for long term investments (property, funds etc..). When I made the goals - I also didn't expect to spend 4-5 months of the year thinking "money buys time and opens doors - that's all it's useful for"

Was saying to another miscer on here that after you start making a certain figure each month, it doesn't matter if you are taking home £2,000 a month, or £50,000. Once you own everything you already want, the rest is just leftovers. Got a friend who is feeling the same now after taking home £200K last year. Said he feels completely unfulfilled in his job, likes the people, hates the work.

My main priority at the moment is to make my lifestyle sustainable from very little work. I need to actually add up the figures and do the math, but I want to try and aim for £40-50K a year salary, from passive income - or atleast heavily reduced hours. Then after I have this nailed down - then focus on living the life that I want to live.

If you saw my sailing thread, one of my major concerns was due to the ever increasing house prices in the UK, I was worried that I would f-off sailing around the world, or travelling and then come back and not be able to buy anywhere because I would've missed out working, experience and not ridden the housing ladder. I've bought a nice house now and due to move in within the next 2-3 weeks or so - which is really exciting. It also means that I can rent it out like the others, which allows me to go travelling - make money and have somewhere to live in when I come back and not worry about that. Ideal situation.

Originally Posted by sheepski View Post
    As cliche as it may sound - do what you want. Problem is many people they don't really know what they want. For every person on this planet it's something different, you gotta find it.
    I think it's easier in that situation (if you don't know what you want), to stop doing what you don't want to do. And then just experiencing as much as you can until you develop passions and hobbies.

I've learnt a lot this year that I absolutely love doing DIY, woodwork, taking things apart and fixing things, painting and exploring.

Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LexBrah View Post
    My main priority at the moment is to make my lifestyle sustainable from very little work. I need to actually add up the figures and do the math, but I want to try and aim for £40-50K a year salary, from passive income - or atleast heavily reduced hours. Then after I have this nailed down - then focus on living the life that I want to live.
    Why do you need so much to retire? If I convert that, that's $100k AUD/year.

I would retire right now if I was making $25k/yr passsively. A mere £12k/yr.

If you aimed a little lower you could retire way earlier. None of those hobbies you mentioned cost anything so I am curious to know what your thought process is to land on that figure.

LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why do you need so much to retire? If I convert that, that's $100k AUD/year.

I would retire right now if I was making $25k/yr passsively. A mere £12k/yr.

If you aimed a little lower you could retire way earlier. None of those hobbies you mentioned cost anything so I am curious to know what your thought process is to land on that figure.
    Like I said above, I haven't covered the maths on all of this. I think £40K passive (or relatively easy work) is easily attainable. It also allows me to not do everything that I want on a shoe string budget, as well as maintain my cost of living and not have to worry about affording things. It will also allow me to deal with the lemons that life inevitably all throws us.

If i'm on a boat and the engine goes, it will need to get fixed (providing I don't want to go through insurance).

Also, if I am out of the country more than 180days a year (likely, hopefully) then all earnings will be tax free anyway, which means that £40K would be the equivalent of £58K = 125 AUD

It's definitely on the excessive side. I'd want to be able to cover for girlfriend, and also take into account marina/berthing costs, food, money added to savings, nice lunches, clothes, sightseeing, diving stuff, fishing stuff - etc..

I'm going to have a think and see if it's possible to work just 6 months a year. For example, work 6 months over winter from October-March and then spend 6 months in Summer just poodling around European coastlines. The only downside is that I wont be able to rent my house out for just 6 months at a time, so will still have to pay off the mortgage for that.

I could in theory retire now, not for a long time in my current location admittedly .. But if I wanted to move to Hawaii or costa rica or whatever I have more than enough to packup and probably not work again. I would just feel much more comfortable to smash the savings account and then invest and rely on that, so I never eat into my savings accounts.

How are you getting on with things? I want to change job industry soon. I've been in the same one for 5-6 years and i'm starting to despise it. It's full of pretentious bull**** that I am getting sick and tired of. Got a few close friends involved in other sectors that are equally mundane, but potential for earning is ridiculous. Not sure whether to jump into something like that for a bit to help flood up the accounts and then retire. Or what. Got so much on recently that I've been really awful at thinking things through.

Videos for your time;

Will rep for more cool videos.

thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    in for later
    "actually lift crew"
    Positive Crew
    Best book-How to win friends and influence people
    Knowledge is the key crew

CPA CREW

D-450, S-350, B-275=Real

DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by keels141 View Post
    It's good to see people actually analyzing this sort of stuff and really figuring out what they want out of life. It is an absolute tragedy that people start with what society expects of them and then try to build a life based around that. It should be the opposite - start by working out what truly makes you tick and then build a life around that, fuk society's expectations.

From a big picture standpoint (i.e. from society's point of view), it is probably necessary that people live these sort of lives. Follow the herd, work in salaried employment, do the same thing day in and day out etc - society probably needs that predictability. For example financial markets are hugely reliant on some form of stability for people to have confidence in the market, people have to know that the US economy is going to grow by approximately 3% per year in order to make decisions about the future. What comprises that 3% growth? It is ~90% salaried employees doing predictable things day in and day out, and a few leaders at the top making the decisions. If everyone went and quit their job to do exactly what they wanted to do then that would create absolute turmoil in the world.

You only need to look at the Fed's decision to raise interest rates by just 0.25% which they have been forecasting for over a year, that is creating huge uncertainty in the world.

I think the society that has been created requires the majority of people to live this sort of life so it is necessary in a way. It's not perfect, it's just the way life is.

For me, I cannot imagine living life the way I am for the next 40 years just to save up to get into a good retirement home and impress my peers. Five years is more than enough for me, but I am grinding towards building up a self-sustaining asset base so I can travel the world indefinitely. I plan to live cheaply and simply, I am more interested in experiences and challenging myself rather than acquiring "things" (i.e. useless consumer **** that serves no purpose but somehow adds to the image of the "self").

For me, the point of life is understanding yourself, constantly asking "Who Am I?". It is true that if you ask that question earnestly enough you cannot pinpoint what the entity is that is actually experiencing things. You begin to feel a deeper connection to the world around you and feel that you are part of the whole, rather than being an isolated fragment in an uncaring universe.

There is no doubt though that if you want to live a more ethereal life you need the time and the money to do it. It is basically impossible to question life on a deeper level if someone else owns your thoughts, and that is basically the case if you are working full time. Therefore my plan is to grind for the next few years and get out of the rat race once and for all.

What a fantastic post

pumping iron since 2002 JayRoddy's Avatar
    JayRoddy is just really nice. (+1000) JayRoddy is just really nice. (+1000) JayRoddy is just really nice. (+1000) JayRoddy is just really nice. (+1000) JayRoddy is just really nice. (+1000) JayRoddy is just really nice. (+1000) JayRoddy is just really nice. (+1000) JayRoddy is just really nice. (+1000) JayRoddy is just really nice. (+1000) JayRoddy is just really nice. (+1000) JayRoddy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Most people i know just have to stay busy. They need a program.

2 things most of them have in common:

A fear of being alone.
    No idea what to do with idle time.

When was the last time your common man with girlfriend and a good job has read a book? Maybe 2 books a year, on vacation...
    When was the last time your common mate has spent time alone, away from his girl? (but not on a booze cruise with his mates or on a working trip)

Most people need to stay busy because they wouldn't have a clue what to do without their busy schedule. Sure, if only they'd have time to work out more. If only they'd have the money to go skiing... Excuses, nothing more.

I've spent the last 2 years working part time because i can afford it and that was the best time i ever had.

Originally Posted by JayRoddy View Post
    Most people i know just have to stay busy. They need a program.

2 things most of them have in common:

A fear of being alone.
    No idea what to do with idle time.

When was the last time your common man with girlfriend and a good job has read a book? Maybe 2 books a year, on vacation...
    When was the last time your common mate has spent time alone, away from his girl? (but not on a booze cruise with his mates or on a working trip)

Most people need to stay busy because they wouldn't have a clue what to do without their busy schedule. Sure, if only they'd have time to work out more. If only they'd have the money to go skiing... Excuses, nothing more.

I've spent the last 2 years working part time because i can afford it and that was the best time i ever had.
    A fear of being alone.
    No Idea what t do with idletime
    and - the inability to see things from outside the box and create and alternative lifestyle.

Completely agree with you though. I haven't met anyone else in my life (at least that we have spoken openly about) who thinks this deeply about it as I have/do. That's why it is so nice forme to read all of you replies and understand your thoughts.

What kind of work did you do in those 2 years?

RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think it's being as happy as you can be.
    Getting that dream job.
    Making as much money as you need to live how you want.
    Doing the things you want.
    Though I need to work on achieving goals and make the life I want, so far I haven't made much progress but I hope to.
    52 Books in 52 weeks - (12/52) 2016 Crew
    Italian Crew
    52 Books in 52 weeks - 2015 Crew (29/52) (two audiobook)
    Bulking

Like I said above, I haven't covered the maths on all of this. I think £40K passive (or relatively easy work) is easily attainable.

How are you getting on with things? I want to change job industry soon. I've been in the same one for 5-6 years and i'm starting to despise it. It's full of pretentious bull**** that I am getting sick and tired of. Got a few close friends involved in other sectors that are equally mundane, but potential for earning is ridiculous. Not sure whether to jump into something like that for a bit to help flood up the accounts and then retire. Or what. Got so much on recently that I've been really awful at thinking things through.
    More power to you if you can save a million pounds to get your 40k a year.

Im starting to look at working holiday visas and I am considering a year in Czech Republic and a year in Chile/Argentina. I want to go overseas again but have a nagging feeling If I am not working overseas I wont get hired again when I come back

Koreaesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Koreaesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Koreaesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Koreaesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Koreaesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Koreaesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Koreaesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Koreaesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Koreaesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Koreaesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Koreaesthetics is just really nice. (+1000)
    Got lost for 30 min watching Jay Alvarrez videos. so dope... but to do that need $$$$, for most of us means working that 9-5, lol it's a vicious circle. Luckily for me, I live in Hawaii so I've decided right now to take advantage of everything here that I haven't been.

I've done skydiving and scuba diving here. Looking into jet skis, more cliff diving, more hiking into waterfalls, booking flights to the other islands and so much more. Luckily I've saved alot of money and recently got together with this super cute girl that I'm digging alot to take on these adventures with. Life is good.
    Last edited by Koreaesthetics; 11-17-2015 at 02:08 PM.

More power to you if you can save a million pounds to get your 40k a year.

Im starting to look at working holiday visas and I am considering a year in Czech Republic and a year in Chile/Argentina. I want to go overseas again but have a nagging feeling If I am not working overseas I wont get hired again when I come back
    What kind of work are you doing?

Czech republic is awesome. Crazy cheap out there. No idea how the salaries pay, probably in correlation to their cost of living though. I wassaying to my gf when we were in prague last year how balling you would be if you had an online based job and lived there. You'd live like a king.

Definitely don't need a million pounds to get the 40k. The trick is to use the banks money to invest with I think I should be able to get £40K a year(tax free) from a circa £60K investment. I am actually in the process of planning that one all out. Just trying to dilute all my plans and stuff into baby steps and tick things off as I go therough, otherwise I will just fail on everything.

Originally Posted by Koreaesthetics View Post
    Got lost for 30 min watching Jay Alvarrez videos. so dope... but to do that need $$$$, for most of us means working that 9-5, lol it's a vicious circle. Luckily for me, I live in Hawaii so I've decided right now to take advantage of everything here that I haven't been.

I've done skydiving and scuba diving here. Looking into jet skis, more cliff diving, more hiking into waterfalls, booking flights to the other islands and so much more. Luckily I've saved alot of money and recently got together with this super cute girl that I'm digging alot to take on these adventures with. Life is good.
    ahh man, I'm so jealous. Take lots of cool videos and pics and upload them to IG and link me or something. England is so crap if youre remotely active haha. Rains 6 days a week, awful visibility, fog, high winds, vry dark..etc

Definitely don't need a million pounds to get the 40k. The trick is to use the banks money to invest with I think I should be able to get £40K a year(tax free) from a circa £60K investment. I am actually in the process of planning that one all out. Just trying to dilute all my plans and stuff into baby steps and tick things off as I go therough, otherwise I will just fail on everything.
    Im basing that on 4% withdrawl rate on your 1m capital which pretty much ensures you can live on it forever. What is you plan to make 40k a year with 60k?

because MERICA that's why TheAmericano's Avatar
    TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's all about doing what you want......

.....but if some of the things you want to do have cost associated to them, then you will have to work to get money to do what you want to do.

/life
    - I'm sorry; I couldn't hear your complaints over the sound of all this freedom!

~ Merica

- Everybody wants to make it, but nobody wants to put in the work!

Bigolteddies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bigolteddies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bigolteddies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bigolteddies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bigolteddies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bigolteddies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bigolteddies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bigolteddies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bigolteddies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bigolteddies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bigolteddies is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To shed our karma through suffering and end the cycle of samsara by merging back into the universe as high level beings

CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    life isnt that enjoyable. id be fine if someone shot me in the back of the head mid hump tomorrow

CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Im basing that on 4% withdrawl rate on your 1m capital which pretty much ensures you can live on it forever. What is you plan to make 40k a year with 60k?
    in before buying robbery tools and robbing banks

PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Urmum2 View Post
    No matter how you look at it, our existence is completely pointless.
    I feel like this many times, like in the end I die, then what? Memories live on if I have a family? then those memories of me slowly fade away.

I need to sleep.

tradja is just really nice. (+1000) tradja is just really nice. (+1000) tradja is just really nice. (+1000) tradja is just really nice. (+1000) tradja is just really nice. (+1000) tradja is just really nice. (+1000) tradja is just really nice. (+1000) tradja is just really nice. (+1000) tradja is just really nice. (+1000) tradja is just really nice. (+1000) tradja is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good questions OPie. I have had a very non-traditional career path. I am one of the happiest people I know. I make OK money now but for most of my life my net worth was less than $4K (srs). The happiest years of my life until recently were the years I made like $2K.

I've legit spoken to SO many very wealthy older people, 50+ and they have ALL told me to just treat life like one big game and thats their biggest regret. One guy had sold his company for £100M and said he would give all of it away to be 20 again and in perfect health and no responsibilites. But are they just saying this because the grass is always greener?
    Totally grass is greener in every case and a case of the what-ifs. When I was in the middle of some harebrained 6-month expedition or travel (Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, Continental Divide Trail, ride bike from London to Istanbul, etc), I would always encounter "normal" middle-aged CEOs/soccer dads/dadbods/etc and they always got this glassy look in their eyes and sighed "I wish I could do what you're doing."

Fuk u, CEObrah/managerbrah/brokerbrah. You could have. In many cases, you still could. You live a life of material comfort, bratty overmedicated kids, health insurance, cable bills, conventional status, conformity, cheating slootwife, big box stores, vacation homes, etc. I tasted that life when I was just out of college = no thx Geoff.

Every choice has an opportunity cost. Mine sure did. I made my decisions and got my results, which meant missing out on other experiences and rewards. I have never owned a nice car, for example, but DGAF. tfw I drive a fully uparmored Suburban anyway lol.

Then why do the vast majority of us work 45-80 hours (perhaps longer with commuting) a week in an office, doing something that most of us dont enjoy and working with people we dont like? For those of you who say 'but i love my job' - would you still be doing it if it only paid for your outgoings and you made no profit from it so to speak?
    Yes, I would legit do this job for room and board. Glad I don't have to. Also I like my colleagues. My last boss was a legit 8+/10 hnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggg. (no pics, lots of BB.com T-shirts in our industry)

Why do we want to climb the corporate ladder? To earn more money? Why do we want to earn money? - So we can have 'time' and do the things that we wanted to do all along - whether that be skiing, sailing, travelling the world,diving, mountain biking, carpentry - whatever..
    That's pretty much my verbatim resume for almost 20 years of my life. Feelsgoodmayne. Can't recommend it to everyone and I've seen casualties from it - guys that just never stop partying and suddenly they're the 45 year old creepy guy hitchhiking to work every day at the ski area because he has too many DWIs and tries to bum weed off the young brahs, or the burnt-out wasteoid shacking up with some retired bar girl in a treehouse in Thailand. In all cases (grass is greener, YOLO, CEO/10K, etc), be careful what you wish for. But once you wish for it, pursue it with every ounce of your strength and creativity until you get it.

Why dont we just do what we want to do all along, now? You may say you have lack of money, but I have friends who are renting sweet 3 bed villas with pools and stuff in costa rica or thailand which are costing them like £200-300 a month and they are earning like £1,000 a month from hardly any work at all.
    Your friends are on to something. In my line of work, that's called a clue.

When you die, my view on it is that it was the exact same as before you were born. Just nothing - darkness. kaput. the end.
    My view of the afterlife is different, but that makes no appreciable difference.

People makes their own choices, such as they are able. My observations may sound harsh, but I sincerely don't judge other people's paths. It's their life.
    "I love the misc. Without the misc, all of this craziness would seem like a bad thing." - catbrah

boutthreefiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) boutthreefiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) boutthreefiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) boutthreefiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) boutthreefiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) boutthreefiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) boutthreefiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) boutthreefiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) boutthreefiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) boutthreefiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) boutthreefiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hm. How about working hard. Doing good in school. Getting in a good field that give you sabbaticals where they give you 1 month off/year and live the dream. Brb paid vacation time also. Sorry. I would go crazy just chilling on a island 24/7. Misc you guys amused me. Makes me realize how truly immature this forum is. I feel sorry for your generation. So unmotivated. Mods please IP ban me 100% serious.

DouLou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DouLou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DouLou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DouLou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DouLou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DouLou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DouLou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DouLou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DouLou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DouLou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DouLou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Long time traveller here.

OP you need to travel to see how you feel about life in general when you are free of all the social pressures that may constrain how you think about things. Whilst the idea of gallivanting around the world for years on end and settling up in some beach hut in south Thailand may sound like a dream life it's easy to get caught up in idealistic pondering without considering the reality of things. Don't get me wrong, I have done years of backpacking, but do I wanna end my life in some serene setting free of stress whiling away the days drinking coconut milk on a beach? No, no I do not. Even after all the travelling I've done I long now for a new challenge. In some ways, I think that's only natural that eventually you want to do "Something" different. I think you should travel the world OP, I think if you don't you will regret it for the rest of your life. I also think that if you ever did decide to come back to "normal life" you may do so with a new perspective on things.

Either that or you'll kick off your shoes and become a beach hippy for the rest of your life, it's a win either way.

CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CrookedDink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by DouLou View Post
    Long time traveller here.

OP you need to travel to see how you feel about life in general when you are free of all the social pressures that may constrain how you think about things. Whilst the idea of gallivanting around the world for years on end and settling up in some beach hut in south Thailand may sound like a dream life it's easy to get caught up in idealistic pondering without considering the reality of things. Don't get me wrong, I have done years of backpacking, but do I wanna end my life in some serene setting free of stress whiling away the days drinking coconut milk on a beach? No, no I do not. Even after all the travelling I've done I long now for a new challenge. In some ways, I think that's only natural that eventually you want to do "Something" different. I think you should travel the world OP, I think if you don't you will regret it for the rest of your life. I also think that if you ever did decide to come back to "normal life" you may do so with a new perspective on things.

Either that or you'll kick off your shoes and become a beach hippy for the rest of your life, it's a win either way.
    good post m8. do you generally travel solo or with others? I've been wanting to travel the world but my friends arent able to.

My biggest problem is I feel the shroud of 9-5 enveloping me, like its telling me I cant get away and that I will have to accept my fate. It's getting worse as I am starting to acknowledge my age. 35 and 40 coming up fast. Starting to doubt ability to find work if I go travelling again and come back.

I could knuckle down and start saving, looking at the numbers I could retire at 50, but then I will be 50 and felt like I threw my life away to save a bunch of money. Bit of a catch 22. So at this stage I have a foot in both camps which is probably a dumb way to do it but I am extremely indecisive right now.

APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I attempted to retire a couple of years ago. Know what happened? I got bored really quick. Okay, so I didn't relocate to Thailand or anything exciting like that because of wife and kids, but I imagine the feeling would be the same. Just "having fun" all the time does lose it's charm.

I think the answer is a middle ground. Work hard when you're motivated to so, but give yourself plenty of downtime when you're feeling beat up. Of course not viable if you're stuck in the rat race.
    *CEO crew*
    *Married with kids crew*
    *Life starts at 29 crew*
    *Still misc crew*