Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

What do you think the point in life is? (srs) (no depression thread)

Was thinking today whilst I was stuck in traffic driving to work.. What is the point in life? Sounds depressing, but hear me out.

Is it to have fun and be happy?

Then why do the vast majority of us work 45-80 hours (perhaps longer with commuting) a week in an office, doing something that most of us dont enjoy and working with people we dont like? For those of you who say 'but i love my job' - would you still be doing it if it only paid for your outgoings and you made no profit from it so to speak?

So, we end up working all these long hours, 5-6 days a week - to what? Earn money? Climb the corporate ladder?

Why do we want to climb the corporate ladder? To earn more money? Why do we want to earn money? - So we can have 'time' and do the things that we wanted to do all along - whether that be skiing, sailing, travelling the world,diving, mountain biking, carpentry - whatever..

Right... So here is where I am a little confused. Why dont we just do what we want to do all along, now? You may say you have lack of money, but I have friends who are renting sweet 3 bed villas with pools and stuff in costa rica or thailand which are costing them like £200-300 a month and they are earning like £1,000 a month from hardly any work at all.

When you die, my view on it is that it was the exact same as before you were born. Just nothing - darkness. kaput. the end. So why do all of us seem to follow the same routes of, going to a good college/university, buying a £50K car to keep up with the jones', buy a £500K house with a white picket fence, have kids, have a 401k/pension, then retire at 60 and hope youre well enough (financially and physically) to do what you wanted to do all along?

I've legit spoken to SO many very wealthy older people, 50+ and they have ALL told me to just treat life like one big game and thats their biggest regret. One guy had sold his company for £100M and said he would give all of it away to be 20 again and in perfect health and no responsibilites. But are they just saying this because the grass is always greener?

Would be good to hear what you guys think about this? Treat life full yolo mode - live on a tropical island, do a bit of fishing, surfing, eat nice food, drink nice wine, raise a chilled family - OR the traditional route?

I think i'd much rather die at 35-40 with a life filled of pure joy and excitment, than make it to 85-90 and playing it safe and sensible all the time.

in b4 dear diary..

infinit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) infinit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) infinit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) infinit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) infinit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) infinit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) infinit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) infinit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) infinit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) infinit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) infinit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The biological reason is to reproduce and continue the species.

As for having fun, you have to be realistic about your limitations. Most people are not going to create businesses that will go on to make them millionaires and set for life. If you have a good idea then sure but most try to force it when they have no real legitimate idea that solves a problem that needs solving. For every success story there are 100 wrecks behind it.

Location: Merseyside, The North, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LexBrah View Post
    I think i'd much rather die at 35-40 with a life filled of pure joy and excitment, than make it to 85-90 and playing it safe and sensible all the time.
    Come back and say that in the seemingly miniscule time it takes to reach that age.

Who the fuk u think you are? Jim Morrisson?

Fuk outta here *******.
    Last edited by BustaCapp; 09-04-2015 at 03:55 AM.
    fist yourself

Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No matter how you look at it, our existence is completely pointless.

hevyd00d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hevyd00d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hevyd00d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hevyd00d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hevyd00d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hevyd00d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hevyd00d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hevyd00d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hevyd00d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hevyd00d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hevyd00d has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Life is whatever purpose you make of it. If you believe your life is to have kids and raise them in the best possible way, then that is your purpose.

If you believe that joining the military and fighting for your country is your purpose, then it is.
    Accutane crew.
    Always stands on toes when taking photos with other people crew.
    Always picks 2 crew.

pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    how are your friends earning $1000 a month in thailand doing almost no work?
    NASM certified

BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Right... So here is where I am a little confused. Why dont we just do what we want to do all along, now? You may say you have lack of money, but I have friends who are renting sweet 3 bed villas with pools and stuff in costa rica or thailand which are costing them like £200-300 a month and they are earning like £1,000 a month from hardly any work at all.
    You've just described my mid 30s goals.

#goals

I want out of the rat race, and conventional life.
    If You Don't Like To Talk About Your Feelings, This Might Help...
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178926621

The Most Heartbreaking Thing That I've Learned About 'The Elite'.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178536851

Bitcoin And 'The Elite' - Why Bitcoin Is Not Revolutionary
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179820783

BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why do we want to climb the corporate ladder? To earn more money? Why do we want to earn money? - So we can have 'time' and do the things that we wanted to do all along - whether that be skiing, sailing, travelling the world,diving, mountain biking, carpentry - whatever..

Right... So here is where I am a little confused. Why dont we just do what we want to do all along, now?
    Shhh...

The system needs us not to think like that to keep it going.

100% srs.

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    To find your own meaning (srs). There is no universal answer - it is different for everyone.
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    The biological reason is to reproduce and continue the species.

As for having fun, you have to be realistic about your limitations. Most people are not going to create businesses that will go on to make them millionaires and set for life. If you have a good idea then sure but most try to force it when they have no real legitimate idea that solves a problem that needs solving. For every success story there are 100 wrecks behind it.
    Biologically, yes, it is to recreate - but it's 2015 and the world is already overpopulated. I'd love to have kids, dont get me wrong - but you dont need to be rich or necessarily young to do so? Do we spend all our time just working and making money so hopefully our kids will have an easy life?

I'm sitting here at work doing a vat return for my company and can't help but think how much i'd prefer to just take a few years out and sail around the world until I find somewhere cool, or get bored and move on. Or do a ski season in canada or america.

Do you think anyone on their death bed says 'Ah, wish I worked longer" or "ah, I wish I had more money".

Obviously we need the bill gates, elon musks etc of the world - so not everyone could do this otherwise our technology would become stagnant.

Chatting to a lot of my friends they seem to be in a HUGE amount of denial about life. I have it insanely well compared to all of them. They wasted 5 years at Uni doing some stupid degree at a stupid university, then come out with £40-50K of debt, cant get a job and spend all their lives discussing how they want to work in some entry level job and they would be so happy.

I dont get it..

Ask yourself, if you died tomorrow - would you feel like you have accomplished everything you wanted? I sure as hell wouldnt and would die with huge regrets.

sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Have a lengthy Wikipedia article about you, srs.

Originally Posted by BustaCapp View Post
    Come back and say that in the seemingly miniscule time it takesto reach that age.

Who the fuk u think you are? Jim Morrisson?

Fuk outta here *******.
    17 years of living life to the full and enjoying every minute of it? I'd be happy with that.

My grandparents are on deaths door at the moment. They worked really hard all their lives, climbed very high up in their industries, saved, invested, bought nice properties. As soon as they retired at 65, they have been ill constantly. Everything you can imagine, TB, Cancer, MS, tumours, insomnia - everything. They planned out a huge retirement to go travelling but couldnt even afford the medical cover to do so and didnt have the desire or the energy.

Happens to a lot of people. Take the gamble to do everythign they want to later, but dont have the time, energy, health or money to do so.

Originally Posted by Urmum2 View Post
    No matter how you look at it, our existence is completely pointless.
    Exactly. Noone will remember my name in 150 years after I die. I dont really care about making a huge impact on the world (positive or negative). Call me selfish but my life is all about me - or thats the point im trying to make. At the moment its about my family, my girlfriend, my boss etc..

Originally Posted by hevyd00d View Post
    Life is whatever purpose you make of it. If you believe your life is to have kids and raise them in the best possible way, then that is your purpose.

If you believe that joining the military and fighting for your country is your purpose, then it is.
    True - but vague.

Originally Posted by pyzjn View Post
    how are your friends earning $1000 a month in thailand doing almost no work?
    Do you know how ridiculously easy it is to make $1000 in a month with a laptop or a smart phone and an internet connection?

EARN in strong currencies (euros, pounds, dollars), spend in cheap currencies = become rich as fuk.

Originally Posted by BetaAsPhuck View Post
    You've just described my mid 30s goals.

#goals

[youtube]uOHDkIxy/youtube]

I want out of the rat race, and conventional life.
    I love his videos. Very inspiring. You should check out La Vagabonde videos on youtube and "more hands on deck" and "sv delos". There was also a very good blog i was reading about 2 guys who documented a ride on motorbikes from alaska to chile.

Shhh...

The system needs us not to think like that to keep it going.

100% srs.
    100% agreed.

Originally Posted by sheepski View Post
    Have a lengthy Wikipedia article about you, srs.
    what?

sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I love asking these questions. The more you are able to see the patterns that control life, are the more you are able to see how vain or redundant everything above subsistence is. Human purpose can be many things, and I don't think it only has one answer, but I know that these many things are all equally related to one grand purpose in all. For instance, according to the Christian worldview, working, gaining knowledge, procreating, acknowledging and perfecting our spiritual halves as with our bodies, falling and living in love and peacefulness, these are all part of our human purpose. Since man was created in the image of God, in actuality, his purpose is to become as much like God as possible, this while having a pure union with Him (which is no longer possible in this life, and thus eternity is promised). In the atheistic worldview, the accumulation of wealth and being "better" than those around us - as a sign and permission for personal worth - is basically the main purpose. In this atheistic world, we willingly suffer, and fight to prove ourselves, just to die, with no one having won in the end. Lust is empty because it's never fulfilled, greed the same etc.

If you want a more superficial view, as I've said, anything above subsistence is vanity. As long as you can afford to eat, to be clothed and to be adequately housed without much worry, you have the fundamental means to be happy. Some people on the planet struggle for subsistence, but happiness studies show that even these find joy in family, showing love, seeing the world through a non materialistic lens etc. Studies also show that happiness doesn't continue to rise after a certain level of income has been reached, so the conclusion is that yes, we strive to make ourselves seem normal through buying, but this kind of life robs us of our freedom to choose to be different kinds of people (non materialistic), or to just live as effortlessly as we want to (which is no ones concern but ours in the end). You only are a robot because it was expected of you to become one. Live as artists' live, as bohemians' live, as some of the modern hypsters or vegans do: anti-pop consumerism, solar power using, bicycle riding, living in good climates, using free wifi (but I see internet as a necessity), having good friends, being in love and being loved, being with family, honing and sharing your natural talents, making the world a better place, gaining spiritual fulfillment, living a freer life.

Utopia is in the reach of man, but like the imagination it is restrained until it seems like the preoccupation of children or barefooted idealists.
    Last edited by sotrktiv; 09-04-2015 at 03:43 AM.
    ★ M0D Positivity Crew ★ № 1th ★ Α ★
    ★ Future M0D in training Krew ★
    ★ NEGs religiophobes on sight Krew ★
    Warning: "Bump spam threads and be banned" - KENKONG
    Death is beautiful to whom life is a humiliation...

pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pyzjn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you know how ridiculously easy it is to make $1000 in a month with a laptop or a smart phone and an internet connection?

EARN in strong currencies (euros, pounds, dollars), spend in cheap currencies = become rich as fuk.
    you didnt answer the question. what do they do? I've read many travel blogs, and to make $1000 a month online from a different country seems to take a year+ of putting in full time work to establish.

I'm not doubting you, I'm asking because I want to do something similar.

what do they do?
    Last edited by pyzjn; 09-04-2015 at 03:42 AM.
    NASM certified

awakenedwarrior is not very helpful. (-500) awakenedwarrior is not very helpful. (-500) awakenedwarrior is not very helpful. (-500) awakenedwarrior is not very helpful. (-500) awakenedwarrior is not very helpful. (-500) awakenedwarrior is not very helpful. (-500) awakenedwarrior is not very helpful. (-500) awakenedwarrior is not very helpful. (-500) awakenedwarrior is not very helpful. (-500) awakenedwarrior is not very helpful. (-500) awakenedwarrior is not very helpful. (-500)
    typical ignorance itt saying after life doesn't exist. I got sum bad nuwz srs

you better start becoming a religious person or you will forever burn in hell

SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dunno brah but for me personally it's all about new experiences, soaking it all in and loving the people I care about.

I try not to worry about the future, and just live for today. Count all my blessings of my health and situation.

I'm a 1st year med student....because I wanted to experience what it's like to be a med student. I want to know the hardships, what it's like to be constantly studying, what it's like to push the mind/body to it's limits. If I like it enough, I'll keep pursuing it. If I don't, well I have IT to fall back on

But really its because when I'm on my death bed I wanna be able to say, I did it my way

SwiftRick is a fictional character

Chatting to a lot of my friends they seem to be in a HUGE amount of denial about life. I have it insanely well compared to all of them. They wasted 5 years at Uni doing some stupid degree at a stupid university, then come out with £40-50K of debt, cant get a job and spend all their lives discussing how they want to work in some entry level job and they would be so happy.

I dont get it..

Ask yourself, if you died tomorrow - would you feel like you have accomplished everything you wanted? I sure as hell wouldnt and would die with huge regrets.
    I really like your perspective.

I do think that some people need to be productive in order to have a sense of significance and fulfillment. However, the majority of people I know dislike or even hate working.

From a young age we are encouraged to put work at the center of our lives, IME. Education (when I was growing up) was primarily about getting a job - either for money or fulfillment. Education for the pleasure - for it's own sake - wasn't encouraged in my education culture. "Get good grades, to get into uni, in order to get a good job", was the guiding implicit principle it seemed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I2pcIbyq-0

Obviously we need the bill gates, elon musks etc of the world - so not everyone could do this otherwise our technology would become stagnant.
    I think that developing technology is probably something that a lot of people would do even if there was no monetary incentive. (Though undoubtedly money motivates a lot of people in that industry.) Raising status, and simply finding pleasure in creating will probably motivate a lot of people.

Look at the concept of open source. Or people who put hundreds or thousands of pounds into hobbies that make them no money.

zackk14 zackk14 zackk14 zackk14 zackk14 zackk14 zackk14 zackk14 zackk14 zackk14 zackk14
    life is a pain

Originally Posted by sotrktiv View Post
    If you want a more superficial view, as I've said, anything above subsistence is vanity. As long as you can afford to eat, to be clothed and to be adequately housed without much worry, you have the fundamental means to be happy. Some people on the planet struggle for subsistence, but happiness studies show that even these find joy in family, showing love, seeing the world through a non materialistic lens etc. Studies also show that happiness doesn't continue to rise after a certain level of income has been reached, so the conclusion is that yes, we strive to make ourselves seem normal through buying, but this kind of life robs us of our freedom to choose to be different kinds of people (non materialistic), or to just live as effortlessly as we want to (which is no ones concern but ours in the end). You only are a robot because it was expected of you to become one. Live as artists' live, as bohemians' live, as some of the modern hypsters or vegans do: anti-pop consumerism, solar power using, bicycle riding, living in good climates, using free wifi (but I see internet as a necessity), having good friends, being in love and being loved, being with family, honing and sharing your natural talents, making the wold a better place, gaining spiritual fulfillment, living a freer life.

Utopia is in the reach of man, but like the imagination it is restrained until it seems like the preoccupation of children or barefoot idealists.
    Did you write that? It's deep. I agree completely though.

Have you seen the studies that show after earning ~£60,000 per year peoples responsibilities and stresses go up expotentially but their happiness stays around the same - if not lowers. Its basically because after £60K you can afford good versions of everything you need - decent house, decent food, decent car etc.. After that people start buying expensive cars, expensive houses, holiday homes. Basically their outgoings go up hugely to match their income. They earn more but are in the same position they were originally in. They think they have to spend more to be happier.

Originally Posted by pyzjn View Post
    you didnt answer the question. what do they do? I've read many travel blogs, and to make $1000 a month online from a different country seems to take a year+ of putting in full time work to establish.

what do they do?
    I'm not going to say what I do because its a niche market. There are little thousands of options. If you dont know how to make money using the internet I got some bad news. Translations, web design, app design, audio to word translations, consultancy work, marketing, advertising, drop shipping, affiliate marketing, gambling, day trading, sales, blog writing - there are SO many options, its HUGE!

I wrote down when I was 18 business plans for about 10 different sectors and said okay, I want to make $1000 in all of them and some of them proved useless and other boomed hugely. Anyway, long story short - I found 2 things that worked very well for me and made a fair bit of money. I then aggressively invested 75% of all profits I made in cryptocurrencies/bitcoin, as well as stocks and shares and it all turned out well. I still invest and I still earn.

Lexbrah protip - NEVER rely on just one source of income because if it dries up then you are fked. Have at least 3 and then invest your profits.

Originally Posted by awakenedwarrior View Post
    typical ignorance itt saying after life doesn't exist. I got sum bad nuwz srs

you better start becoming a religious person or you will forever burn in hell
    I believe this life is our heaven/hell and we choose how it is. To me its hell working as a corporate slave in the rat race.

Do you guys believe you are reaching your true potential?

please watch

And for the 'yolo' misc members

brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    The purpose of life is to contribute towards the progress of achieving human immortality.

There will come a day where a select few will become immortal due to our advanced technology and knowledge. These immortal humans will acquire insane amounts of knowledge and wisdom over thousands of years of being alive. They will be able to lead humanity to everlasting peace and joy. They will guide the human race from planet to planet over millions of years, spreading life and joy across the universe. These immortal being will be like gods. They will be what humans has always craved. We will create them ourselves.

(semi srs)

irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Travel op, travel.....Get out of the grey UK while you're still young, trust me Ireland /UK etc is depressing as fook.
    keep rep trading out of your sig line

*Official Misc Blue Eyes Crew*

sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Did you write that? It's deep. I agree completely though.

Have you seen the studies that show after earning ~£60,000 per year peoples responsibilities and stresses go up expotentially but their happiness stays around the same - if not lowers. Its basically because after £60K you can afford good versions of everything you need - decent house, decent food, decent car etc.. After that people start buying expensive cars, expensive houses, holiday homes. Basically their outgoings go up hugely to match their income. They earn more but are in the same position they were originally in. They think they have to spend more to be happier.
    Ty men, yea I wrote it, and I also agree with what you say about the study's findings. It is more fearful to live modestly and be happy, than to live proudly in misery.

sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheepski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    what?
    Semi joking brah but that is really one of my goals.

But being serious now, I found what works best for me. Keep the life exciting. I love where I am at this point in my life, in the great China you just cannot bored. I study with hundreds of international students, my views and believes changed tremendously since I arrived here and I grew as a person so much. I also work here, have promising future with my own business on the way.

Go abroad, too many people waste time in one place for their whole lives.

Originally Posted by BustaCapp View Post
    That's not possible.

For pleasure to exist there must be something you can measure it against.
    I think that's an example of over thinking.

I think it's more accurate to say that having pain to contrast with pleasure means that we can make distinction, but I don't believe we need to have pain, or apathy in order for pleasure to exist. Pleasure is word that we use to identify something so we can communicate and analyze it, I don't believe it's necessary for the what the concept is referring to, to exist.

I believe that pleasure is inherently a desired visceral/emotional experience. I think contrast can help us to appreciate pleasure rather than just experience it. But I don't believe contrast is necessary to experience pleasure.

In the atheistic worldview, the accumulation of wealth and being "better" than those around us - as a sign and permission for personal worth - is basically the main purpose. In this atheistic world, we willingly suffer, and fight to prove ourselves, just to die, with no one having won in the end. Lust is empty because it's never fulfilled, greed the same etc.
    Where have you got this perspective from?

Most sects within buddhism are atheistic.

Taoism is atheistic.

Secular humanism is atheistic.

Atheism is not a system of belief. But srsly, please tell me where you have got that perspective from.

FWIW, I'm a panentheist and humanist.

If you want a more superficial view, as I've said, anything above subsistence is vanity. As long as you can afford to eat, to be clothed and to be adequately housed without much worry, you have the fundamental means to be happy. Some people on the planet struggle for subsistence, but happiness studies show that even these find joy in family, showing love, seeing the world through a non materialistic lens etc. Studies also show that happiness doesn't continue to rise after a certain level of income has been reached, so the conclusion is that yes, we strive to make ourselves seem normal through buying, but this kind of life robs us of our freedom to choose to be different kinds of people (non materialistic), or to just live as effortlessly as we want to (which is no ones concern but ours in the end). You only are a robot because it was expected of you to become one. Live as artists' live, as bohemians' live, as some of the modern hypsters or vegans do: anti-pop consumerism, solar power using, bicycle riding, living in good climates, using free wifi (but I see internet as a necessity), having good friends, being in love and being loved, being with family, honing and sharing your natural talents, making the world a better place, gaining spiritual fulfillment, living a freer life.

Utopia is in the reach of man, but like the imagination it is restrained until it seems like the preoccupation of children or barefooted idealists.
    I will rep for second quoted part.

Originally Posted by irish brah View Post
    Travel op, travel.....Get out of the grey UK while you're still young, trust me Ireland /UK etc is depressing as fook.
    I've travelled a lot as it is already. Been to 5/7 continents and 30 countries. I think I'd like to spend more time abroad though, travel it in a much slower sense rather than 2 week long vacations. Sail around on my boat and stay in like italy for 2 months or something until I get bored and move along to wherever I want.

The only thing thats making me hesitant is, what about when I become 35-40 and if i want to start a family. Is it selfish of me to have so much adventure and fun and swap that in for money and job stability on my kids? Would that make me a bad parent by not being able to provide as much? Or would that make me better because I would have more lessons and be able to teach more?

I think that's an example of over thinking.

I think it's more accurate to say that having pain to contrast with pleasure means that we can make distinction, but I don't believe we need to have pain, or apathy in order for pleasure to exist. Pleasure is word that we use to identify something so we can communicate and analyze it, I don't believe it's necessary for the what the concept is referring to, to exist.

I believe that pleasure is inherently a desired visceral/emotional experience. I think contrast can help us to appreciate pleasure rather than just experience it. But I don't believe contrast is necessary to experience pleasure.
    You can 100% measure the pleasure against something. I'd still be working, so that would be boring. Even in paradise you'd have bad days though. Like if youre skiing and the lifts break down, or the weather gets bad or injuries etc. Or if youre sailing in south america and your engine dies, or your sail rips etc.

Where have you got this perspective from?

Most sects within buddhism are atheistic.

Taoism is atheistic.

Secular humanism is atheistic.

Atheism is not a system of belief. But srsly, please tell me where you have got that perspective from.

FWIW, I'm a panentheist and humanist.

I will rep for second quoted part.
    Given the context, you will notice that I'm speaking about an atheistic society that relies upon materialistic means to either grant or derive human value/purpose. So I get it from a contemporary secular capitalistic society's structure. Also, only some strains of buddhism are atheistic not all.

Given the context, you will notice that I'm speaking about an atheistic society that relies upon materialistic means to either grant or derive human value/purpose.
    Thanks for clarifying.

But where have you gotten that perspective from?

Also, only some strains of buddhism are atheistic not all.
    I wrote that.

To reiterate though; The major branches are not theistic.

Even the ones that do express a notion a god, I would bet money that it is not the personal/anthropomorphic god that is theism. It is more likely to be a non-theistic conception, which makes them atheism (theism in the traditional sense being a belief in a personal/anthropomorphic god).