nolepole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training while injured. Need advice.

I posted a couple weeks ago, I have a broken patella and patellar tendon. Wired and screwed, full leg splint still for 3 more weeks but I have to get back to the gym. I am going out of my mind watching my fat grow and my leg turning more and more crippled looking. I know the leg work is down the road but question is, should I still continue working the good leg? Body weight squat TRX and box step ups? I mean I can not let what I cant do stop me from doing what I can. I can still work core, I can still work all my upper body but I cant let my entire lower go.

I really hope to get some suggestions or thoughts regarding this. Anything is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fat gains come down to your diet not your training. If you're tracking your intake properly and eating at maintenance (which you should be doing for the healing process) there isn't going to be any fat gains. Make sure your diet is in check because this is key to the entire process.

Have you been given the green light to go back to training?
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

My diet is never spot on, but my activity level is usually very high. Diet has been worse than normal due to depression, acceptance that my rugby days may be done is all. But yes, I am given the green light, as quickly as 3 days after surgery to be more active and do what I can while leaving the leg immobile. Is it still advised to train my good leg and safe to do in a simple manner

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's a question for your doctor. With your leg "wired, screwed, and in a full splint" I'm wondering what you could do with your other leg that wouldn't put your bad leg at risk if you had a slight mishap. So, I would put together a list of exercises you would like to do, including upper body, and run that by your doctor or his staff.

Im more or less thinking like high rep step ups on a box and single leg squats with trx straps to stabilize.

nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Even if it is a good idea to train while one leg is wired you are going to build up one leg while the other heals. That's going to lead to a ton of imbalance that's going to be a pain to resolve.

I have seen people mess up surgeries like the one you had. It did NOT end well. The doctor might not be able to fix you again if you mess up the surgery. It might also leave you with permanent damage that could keep you from hitting the gym.

Wait for your body to heal. Follow the advice of your doctor.
    "We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Completely agreed with others. Wait for it to heal and dictate your diet solely on reducing inflammation and increasing recovery. You won't lose muscle tissue as fast as you think
    advertising not permitted