sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10)

New approach high reps medium weight, tired of spinning wheels....................

Spinning wheels taking different approach
    An introduction, I started this lifting journey almost 4yrs ago when I was 35yrs old, the 1st couple of months I really didn’t know what I was doing I would mostly do machine workouts and ate like horse, ended up getting fat and minimal muscle if any, then like most I got online and educated myself with counting calories/macros , my fitness pal, got on all compound movements like 5x5 and all pros beginner workout , I been doing all pros beginner workout for almost 2yrs, yes, I did gain some muscle, but not noticeable at all, my workouts consist of 3x per wk, all compound lifts and heavy, I been doing this routine for a long time now and a change is long overdue, starting next week I plan on working out 4 days a wk ,

Monday: Shoulders/Back
    Tuesday: calves/quads basically legs
    Wednesday: chest/biceps/forearms
    Thursday: Back

The main difference in my upcoming lifts will be that they will be weight I can perform 2 warm up sets and 2 sets of 15 reps each, totaling 4 sets, when I can perform all sets at 15 reps each, add weight next session, I just turned 40 in August, so i will use machines on some lifts as I cant risk getting injured im in this for the long run, my goal is that this type of workout will really give me the burn in targeted muscle.
    I will still keep my calories and macros the same, im currently 146lb, 5”6, Mon to Friday 2600 calories at bulking, macros P150 C320 f80.

My current lifts are Heavy/Medium and light days , I take c4 with dmaa on heavy days , medium days I just take c4 on light days , just creatine, I take creatine on all days I lift.
    Almost 4yrs lifting, I think I paid my dues, im ready to get ripped, my ideal body is to be 155lb %8bf.
    Attached Images

BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are those pics the before or after the 4 year period of following strict diet and lifting routine (5x5 and all pro's) ?

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sajor View Post
    Almost 4yrs lifting, I think I paid my dues
    Man I'm just not seeing 4 years of work there. Reading between the lines I bet you're not consistently overloading/challenging your muscles to grow. Also 155 lbs is a pretty meek goal weight for your height, so I bet your diet is off as well. I wish you luck and agree that you're spinning your wheels at this point for sure.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would hire a coach to help you out. either online coach, or someone like at a powerlifting gym.
    The Ageless Wonder Crew: Client, Player, President.

angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think people really underestimate what it feels like to grind out a heavy set of 5 to 8. I also think people fail to build up their base and endurance to where strength really becomes the limiting factor in sets.

I would recommend a good coach/trainer for a few months to get another set of eyes on you and what you are doing.

It also wouldnt hurt to to get some blood work done and hormonal profile.

Struggles like you describe rarely are due to s set/rep range. Anything between 3 to 12 will work if the effort is there.

raycastro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raycastro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raycastro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raycastro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raycastro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raycastro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raycastro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definitely share any results your are seeeing after switching to higher rep-range with lower weights. I trained heavy for a couple years before getting injured and switching to a higher volume routine using lighter weights. What I found was that I increased in size significanltly faster than I did in those two years going heavy. In six months, I went from wearing a 38S suit jacket to 42S. What I did was start out with a variation of a pumping routine mixed with Lee Labrada's Super High Rep Training for three months, then I transitioned to Serge Nubret's routine for another three months.

However what I didn't have dialied in properly during that time was my diet, so my waist size increased about 4 inches in that same time frame as well, LOL. About three months ago, I finally tried calorie counting with a goal of losing 1lb a week. I'm very pleased with results so far of losing 10 lbs and dropping those 4 inches off the waist while keeping the upper body sized that I had gained. To do that, my daily intake was 1990 calories and with 40% of those from protein, 20% carbs, and 40% fat.

The funny thing is that while we are the same height, what I'm trying to do right now is go the opposite direction in going closer to your weight! I want to cut down and get as lean as possible before bulking.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you do not need to be bulking...would be better off running maint cals for the duration.

Also why are you doing back twice a week? If you're only gonna lift 4 days a week then an upper/lower would be better suited for that.
    OG

phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000)
    What are your compound lifts at? Were you seeing any progressive overload or did you reset or stall often? I'm currently at the same height and BW and followed a similar program.

Maybe dial in your diet?
    ICF Cutting Journal - CLOSED
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162321241

Fierce 5 Intermediate Upper/Lower
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170076563

HY45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HY45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HY45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HY45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HY45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HY45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HY45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HY45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HY45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HY45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HY45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by angrypenguin54 View Post
    I think people really underestimate what it feels like to grind out a heavy set of 5 to 8. I also think people fail to build up their base and endurance to where strength really becomes the limiting factor in sets.

I would recommend a good coach/trainer for a few months to get another set of eyes on you and what you are doing.

It also wouldnt hurt to to get some blood work done and hormonal profile.

Struggles like you describe rarely are due to s set/rep range. Anything between 3 to 12 will work if the effort is there.
    This ^^^ my rep range, working pretty good for me. But everybody different, I hit gym hard, rest get my nutrients and I grow, well for my age not to bad. All natural, so if I can do it, u can to my friend, missing something? No coach/trainer ever for me, just trial and error. I just recently switched from body part splits to full body busted through plateau every other day, 4 sets every muscle group, demanding but op if u try this take next day off. Now I am up to 6 sets full body, recovery is great! Hope this helps...oh yeah I have got strong as hell since switching...
    It’s all about consistency imho ✌ï¸

Location: Cinderford, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    chriswatton66 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chriswatton66 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chriswatton66 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chriswatton66 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chriswatton66 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chriswatton66 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chriswatton66 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chriswatton66 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chriswatton66 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chriswatton66 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chriswatton66 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have only been training for 16 months, but I have to agree with the other posters. I don't think you're putting in enough effort for the main compounds. You really need to give it your all on each and every set and rep.

I am an inch taller at 5'7" and weigh 73kg (just over 160lbs and am 48) - I really try at each and every session. In fact, I have just finished a session and did a personal best for Bench Press at 122.5kg, and last Friday managed a strict BB overhead Press of 80kg.

It has been a real grind, as I am always at the limit of what I can do for 5 reps, but it does pay off and the muscle does come as well as the increased strength. I can only imagine that, if you get used to 'coasting though' the sessions, it is very easy to stagnate. Always force yourself to try harder. That works for me, at least...