Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lift two days in a row or just one less day?

Hi, I have made excellent progress in the last year and 4 months that I have been working out. I have doubled my bench press, and I have lost 72 lbs. However, my work schedule has become somewhat hectic and I often times have to get creative in order to accomplish my fitness goals. Every time I go to the gym, I do full-body workouts. So I ask you all this? Would it be better to workout out the same body parts two days in a row, or would it be better to just work out 2 days instead of 3 days a week? Which would hurt my progress more?

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Which days do you have to workout? You could do full body twice a week and still get results (won't be as fast as full body 3 days a week for obvious reasons), but if you have three days that just aren't alternating, maybe you could do FB one day and upper/lower for the two days that are next to each other.

If I had to pick, I'd probably do full body twice a week, but depending on your schedule, there could be more options.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Without knowing your work schedule it is hard to say what is better. If you have 3 days a week to where you can get a workout in, then do full body. If, like Partyrocking said, if you have 3 days available but 2 of them are next to each other, then I would do an Upper/lower routine on the consecutive days and a full body with a days rest between.
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate the Snake is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    Which days do you have to workout? You could do full body twice a week and still get results (won't be as fast as full body 3 days a week for obvious reasons), but if you have three days that just aren't alternating, maybe you could do FB one day and upper/lower for the two days that are next to each other.

If I had to pick, I'd probably do full body twice a week, but depending on your schedule, there could be more options.
    Originally Posted by Squid24 View Post
    Without knowing your work schedule it is hard to say what is better. If you have 3 days a week to where you can get a workout in, then do full body. If, like Partyrocking said, if you have 3 days available but 2 of them are next to each other, then I would do an Upper/lower routine on the consecutive days and a full body with a days rest between.
    I work Monday through Friday 3pm to 11pm. So I only work about 40-45 hours per week, and sometimes up to 50. Here is the problem that I am looking at: I live in Jacksonville, the largest city in terms of landmass, so I am constantly having to walk everywhere and whatnot. Don't worry, I am in the midst of trying to save for a car, but that's a very slow process. Before things were going great, and I was able to do the stronglifts 5x5 workout. However, it's been raining here every single day lately and I am rarely making it to the gym. So I guess I could do workout A or B for stronglifts, but could someone give me a good upper lower body split workout I could do so that I could do one day of upper body, and one day of lower body? It usually works out to where I can go to the gym one day during the weekdays and then I can go once on Saturday and once on Sunday.

Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Nate the Snake View Post
    I work Monday through Friday 3pm to 11pm. So I only work about 40-45 hours per week, and sometimes up to 50. Here is the problem that I am looking at: I live in Jacksonville, the largest city in terms of landmass, so I am constantly having to walk everywhere and whatnot. Don't worry, I am in the midst of trying to save for a car, but that's a very slow process. Before things were going great, and I was able to do the stronglifts 5x5 workout. However, it's been raining here every single day lately and I am rarely making it to the gym. So I guess I could do workout A or B for stronglifts, but could someone give me a good upper lower body split workout I could do so that I could do one day of upper body, and one day of lower body? It usually works out to where I can go to the gym one day during the weekdays and then I can go once on Saturday and once on Sunday.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=162916931 it's the second program in the thread.

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

Originally Posted by Squid24 View Post
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=162916931 it's the second program in the thread.
    Ok thanks, I will do that.

Redrum92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Redrum92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do a split. Doing full body is only for people really short on time, or for beginners who just need a little of everything.

I like a 4 day split: push (triceps, chest, shoulders), pull (biceps, upper back, traps, lats etc), legs (quad, hams, glutes) and core/torso (abs, lower back, obliques, serratus)

You could do this one day on one day off. Id recommend that to get used to that and no over do it. Or I do 4 workouts in 5 days, and take a rest day (or 2 occasionally) when I feel I need it

This will help you advance much more. You can do 2-3x as much on each body part and get hell of a lot more gains.

Never ever workout the same body parts 2 days in a row
    Last edited by Redrum92; 08-30-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Originally Posted by Redrum92 View Post
    Do a split. Doing full body is only for people really short on time, or for beginners who just need a little of everything.

I like a 4 day split: push (triceps, chest, shoulders), pull (biceps, upper back, traps, lats etc), legs (quad, hams, glutes) and core/torso (abs, lower back, obliques, serratus)

You could do this one day on one day off. Id recommend that to get used to that and no over do it. Or I do 4 workouts in 5 days, and take a rest day (or 2 occasionally) when I feel I need it

This will help you advance much more. You can do 2-3x as much on each body part and get hell of a lot more gains.

I don't know when you last did a full body routine, but when your gains keep getting higher and higher, you need more warm-ups and longer rest periods so it starts taking longer to get done.

I see you must be an advanced lifter since you are only hitting your body parts once a week instead of running a normal PPL that hits them 2 times a week.

Your next line is a misconception since it is a slower progression and that means your gains will come slower. That is when it is done correctly like I stated ^^^^, your way is even SLOWER.

melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm the same I have random days off in work and very long shifts on work days, so I often have to train consecutive days. For this reason I've long been running upper lower splits so I am always fresh, I just alternate.
    Atm doing wendlers 531 thing but that's for strength not gains.
    retired from powerlifting, retired from the misc

I think this is why I workout in the mornings. I just worked 14days straight with half of them being 12hr shifts, and 3 of those were consecutive days. So, I guess if you want to workout more, you just find the time

schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Nate the Snake View Post
    Hi, I have made excellent progress in the last year and 4 months that I have been working out. I have doubled my bench press, and I have lost 72 lbs. However, my work schedule has become somewhat hectic and I often times have to get creative in order to accomplish my fitness goals. Every time I go to the gym, I do full-body workouts. So I ask you all this? Would it be better to workout out the same body parts two days in a row, or would it be better to just work out 2 days instead of 3 days a week? Which would hurt my progress more?
    I would start a split then you can workouts multiple days in a row. That will make you more versatile.

Originally Posted by Redrum92 View Post

Yeah my problem is I really dont have time to do it that way

Originally Posted by melDorado View Post
    I'm the same I have random days off in work and very long shifts on work days, so I often have to train consecutive days. For this reason I've long been running upper lower splits so I am always fresh, I just alternate.
    Atm doing wendlers 531 thing but that's for strength not gains.
    Well Im glad there is finally someone on here that has a similar situation to mine. The thing is, I would workout at night but everytime I do that it gets my addrenaline pumping and I cant sleep for sh*t that night. However I am still losing weight at least and am down to 191 lbs and am beginning to lose weight again

Originally Posted by schneppy07 View Post
    I would start a split then you can workouts multiple days in a row. That will make you more versatile.
    I think thats a good idea. I am gonna do all split routines now