forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000)

Weekly Weight Fluctuation

What do you average? What's normal?

I finally bought a good bathroom scale after occasionally weighing at the gym, mostly going by feels and the mirror. I've iften thought my weight fluctuates a good bit, but I've got the numbers to prove it, and I'm a little worried due to some other symptoms I've had for the last few years, that are progressively getting worse.

I've been weighing daily, after my morning workout, for the last two months. The trend is I generally "gain" 3-4 lbs during the week, and it all comes off over the weekend, when I swap a couple hundred calories for a beer or two instead of food, and do my long run. I figured eating a little less on thr weekends allowed the food to digest and "shake out". How I felt mirrored the scale.

However, sometimes I go through weeks where it doesn't seem to "shake out". My diet doesn't change. I have variety, but keep the same macros. I feel terrible, extremely "full", tired, sore, and get bad swelling in my feet, calves, legs during the day, even getting up every half hour and walking around doesn't help. I've read the symptoms online (which will scare the crap out of you). I know it's not simply salt or water weight from carbs. I cook all of my own food and have actually scaled my carbs back recently. I was 191 on Sunday am 198 today. I know physically it's impossible for me to have gained 7, or even 2 lbs, considering I know exactly what I've eaten. The constant weight fluctuation, coupled with the swelling and location of swelling, along with fatigue, have me worried it could be a liver issue. I had a friend with similar symptoms (forgot to add extremely "Un regular" and his turned out to be hypoglycemia.

I'm sure this was TL;DR but thought I'd ask. Thanks for any insights.

sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't weigh yourself after work outs that's going to be all over the place. Weigh yourself in the morning after waking. For everything else see a doctor.

Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Maybe try working on the "regular" aspect. My wife had to take a stool softener during her pregnancy. She took miralax once at night. No odor no taste it mixes right into water.

ObviouslY you know your nutrition. How's your fiber intake? Fruits and veggies?

I am in the same ballpark as you weight wise and will fluctuate 4 pounds in a week easy. But 7 sounds like a lot assuming you're eating consistent calories.

Do you sit in an office all day? Any way you can get up and move around. If not what about something as stupid as doing leg raises under your desk? Just to keep the blood pumping.

And like seven said above, weigh yourself at the same time, preferably when empty. You are shooting for the most controlled time of day. For most, that's first thing in the morning, after the bathroom.

forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks guys. Yes, I weigh after my workouts in the morning precisely because it is controlled. I backload and eat a good amount late at night, so after my workout it gives a better reading. I am consistent and that's what matters. Fibers good. Veggies good. Water good. Etc. I actually went to a doctor about 2 years ago, and left so mad I wouldn't go back. "Gained" 12 lbs over 2 days while visiting my family, nothing crazy eating or drinking wise, was swollen up like a balloon, and they made me go. Doctor was like yea your swelling isn't bad here's some water pills go home. Most doctors have no clue about nutrition and fitness and treat you as regular patients. It's frustrating and that's been my biggest turn off from going.

sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by forresterac View Post
    Thanks guys. Yes, I weigh after my workouts in the morning precisely because it is controlled. I backload and eat a good amount late at night, so after my workout it gives a better reading. I am consistent and that's what matters. Fibers good. Veggies good. Water good. Etc. I actually went to a doctor about 2 years ago, and left so mad I wouldn't go back. "Gained" 12 lbs over 2 days while visiting my family, nothing crazy eating or drinking wise, was swollen up like a balloon, and they made me go. Doctor was like yea your swelling isn't bad here's some water pills go home. Most doctors have no clue about nutrition and fitness and treat you as regular patients. It's frustrating and that's been my biggest turn off from going.
    That's a bad reason to not seek for other/future medical advice. Don't go to a gp look for a smp.

Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Weighing in after workouts is not ideal due to dehydration/water loss resulting in skewed weigh ins. Start weighing yourself as soon as you wake up, after going to the bathroom. Alcohol will also dehydrate you, resulting in lower weigh ins. Mine fluctuates up to 2lbs, but that's me. 7 seems outside of your normal fluctuations though. I'd see a Dr. regarding the fluid retention and swelling. If it's been 2 years, it's worth a follow up visit. I imagine they'll ask you about your water (constant thirst) and fibre intake, if you sweat a lot, if it's painful to touch. So make note of things like that.

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Samamo View Post
    Weighing in after workouts is not ideal due to dehydration/water loss resulting in skewed weigh ins. Start weighing yourself as soon as you wake up, after going to the bathroom. Alcohol will also dehydrate you, resulting in lower weigh ins. Mine fluctuates up to 2lbs, but that's me. 7 seems outside of your normal fluctuations though. I'd see a Dr. regarding the fluid retention and swelling. If it's been 2 years, it's worth a follow up visit. I imagine they'll ask you about your water (constant thirst) and fibre intake, if you sweat a lot, if it's painful to touch. So make note of things like that.
    Yea this. I lose 2-4Kg depending on my workout.

My weight fluctuates a fair bit too. This week lowest was 58.8Kg and highest was 62.4Kg.

The average still shows that I'm maintaining though.

I do experience what you described, and for those weeks I usually reduce the intensity of my runs and incorporate more with low ntensity activity like walking and yoga.

And if it still doesn't shake off after a week, I just reduce my training the by half. The last time I did this I lost 4kg in a week. Reckon it's just muscle nflammation and cortisol.
    Monitor your potassium, magnesium and carb intake too.
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    � Jerry West �
    How to Upgrade Your Life: A Primer On Diet And Fitness
    https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/fitness-guide/

Originally Posted by muruku View Post
    Yea this. I lose 2-4Kg depending on my workout.

My weight fluctuates a fair bit too. This week lowest was 58.8Kg and highest was 62.4Kg.

The average still shows that I'm maintaining though.

I do experience what you described, and for those weeks I usually reduce the intensity of my runs and incorporate more with low ntensity activity like walking and yoga.

And if it still doesn't shake off after a week, I just reduce my training the by half. The last time I did this I lost 4kg in a week. Reckon it's just muscle nflammation and cortisol.
    Monitor your potassium, magnesium and carb intake too.
    Will do. Thanks for all the advice guys. It's extremely frustrating doing everything right and then going through periods where you feel like trash. I have started heavy deadlifting again and notice that usually really affects my body with all the running.

This morning, pre workout:197 even. After workout, 30 minute run followed by hour of back/chest, 192. Consuming 16-24oz of fluid. I know it's not my scale. Crazy haha.