jenafitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jenafitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jenafitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jenafitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jenafitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jenafitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jenafitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jenafitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jenafitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jenafitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jenafitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking Ask a new nasm cpt4 trainer!

I just passed my CPT Test!

If you have any questions regarding the test and questions I would love to help out!

I've studied for the international online CPT for a year (took my damn time) very loosely and sporadically. Just passed the test on the first try and want to give my main tips here:

1. Don't focus on memorization, focus on comprehension of the material. Key chapters: 3,4,5,6,7,8 12, 18.
    2. KNOW ALL THERE IS TO KNOW about the assessments, checkpoints, and over/underactive muscles. No getting around that.
    3. Don't keep trying the practice test until you get 100%. I would say there were only 10-15 of the practice test questions on the actual exam. It was handy that I knew them, but I was SCARED ***TLESS that I didn't recognize most of them!
    4. All that stuff about the nervous system, yeah you should know that. I didn't - not good.
    5. I used this AWESOME GAME to learn the muscles and it got me through the test: (it won't let me link it) on anatomyarcade .com and it's called Poke A Muscle! SERIOUSLY. Use this and when you go to study from the text it will make so much more sense. You don't NEED to memorize them, but be really familiar.

Please ask away!

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you want your cert to remain well respected, you don't want to make it easier for people to acquire it too. The harder it is, the better for you.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jenafitness View Post
    I would rather help students, like me, who took the course online at home. I struggled, and wish I had someone to help me in the exact way I am doing. It is a community, and I would love to build relationships with other professionals instead of standing on a pedestal with my certificate. NASM's test is nothing like their practice tests in a material sense, and much of what I studied did not help me in the least on the exam. So forgive me for trying to help others.

It is not my certificate that I wish to be respected, but myself and my business.
    What Ronin is saying holds some truth. Our industry already has an extremely low barrier to entry into the field. A certification test is practically the only "struggle" any personal trainer has to go through....and even then, most are watering down their material so that they can pass people in masses (*cough cough NASM cough cough*)

I think it's a positive quality to want to help people. But you are better off helping clients(and thus your business) than other "professionals". Its very akin to being that student in school that does all the studying and makes a "study guide" for the lazy students. Let others "struggle" as you did. It potentially will make them a better "professional".

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RamsdenF View Post
    What Ronin is saying holds some truth. Our industry already has an extremely low barrier to entry into the field. A certification test is practically the only "struggle" any personal trainer has to go through....and even then, most are watering down their material so that they can pass people in masses (*cough cough NASM cough cough*)

I think it's a positive quality to want to help people. But you are better off helping clients(and thus your business) than other "professionals". Its very akin to being that student in school that does all the studying and makes a "study guide" for the lazy students. Let others "struggle" as you did. It potentially will make them a better "professional".
    This is 100 percent the point. If your assistance helps someone pass who might not have otherwised passed, then you are not only damaging the profession but also the certification program. If they wanted everyone to know what you are divulging in your 'community updates' then they would have forfeited that information themselves. This idea that you are not concerned if your credential is respected is utterly ridiculous. If your credential is not respected then YOU (as a professional holding said credential) are not respected. You don't pass up Harvard for a Los Cabanos Junior College degree becuase you just want your potential employer to respect you not the degree. Think this through instead of arguing for arguments sake.

... and to think I repped you.

klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    ... and to think I repped you.
    Nothing that can't be fixed.

Anyone can post a thread, just like anyone can give an opinion in said thread. Take it and move on OP. Don't rudely shut them out and tell them not to post in your thread. That's very high and mighty of you.

Truth be told, I care very little about which cert people have and so on. I care more about overall knowledge. I'm not impressed by NASM - I'll be switching my cert up next year and it has nothing to do with recognition, but what information the certification has to offer. After all I'm self employed and have to justify my certs to no one. I just want to be equipped to be the best I can be - nothing more.
    Snapchat/Instagram: Mimsthe3rd

T/K Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168429013

Originally Posted by klaximilian View Post
    Nothing that can't be fixed.
    lol. That's what I get for trying to be diplomatic.

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't see any problems with the nature of the OP. All he's offered are some tips on how people can teach themselves. No harm there.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    I don't see any problems with the nature of the OP. All he's offered are some tips on how people can teach themselves. No harm there.
    That is because someone spared you the posts. They are gone.