envey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is there any hope for my body?

I've been following a lot of fitness models lately on Instagram. Most of them used to be overweight, so that's even more inspiring and tells me I can do it too.

I am female, late 30's, only 4'10" and currently 120 lbs. I was my heaviest in January 2015 at around 145. My goal is to be down to 100 lbs by the end of the year and then work on
    getting lean to a 20 to 15% body fat after the fat loss goes down.

Currently, I'm losing weight by doing mostly carb cycling and staying below 1200 calories. I try to eat all my carbs in the morning, including fruit. I rarely eat dinner these days and will just eat a light snack before or after a workout (if I'm really hungry). I work out at least 5x a week. This consists of 20 minute HIIT on the treadmill, bike or elliptical at least 3x a week. I do strength and toning exercises 5x a week. This includes an alternation of the upper and body exercises listed below as well as Jillian Michael's No More Trouble zones.

Upper body:
    -wide grip lat pulldowns; 3 sets, 10 reps, 40 lbs
    -cable row; 3 sets, 10 reps, 50 lbs
    -tricep pulldown; 20 lbs using both arms
    -biceps 10-15 lbs each arm
    -chest with smith machine; 30 lbs

Lower body:
    -leg press; 3 sets, 20 reps of 110 lbs
    -calves on leg press machine; 120 reps total or until I get tired, 100 lbs
    -walking lunges with 10 lb dumbbell in each hand, 8x around the gym
    -squats with 20 lb plate, 60 reps

I have noticed definition in my upper arms, back, legs and calves, and even the cellulite on my legs have disappeared; however, my triceps needs help and squats do not help my butt at all. It actually has made my butt even flatter than before. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I actually have a decent sized butt, but it's not lifted and round. From the side, I have a nice butt profile, but from the back, it's pretty much squared. I want it to look round, strong and lean. Besides my butt, my tummy protrudes even more than my butt. I had two babies, but even when I was 95 lbs and in my early 20's, I never had a flat tummy. I've always been embarrassed of my tummy. I do not want to get a tummy tuck as I think the scar looks nasty. I usually do not do any core exercises since they're my least favorite and I figure I will work on them when I get down to at least 100 lbs.

This year is the first year I actually incorporated more weights and I am enjoying it A LOT. I'm thrilled that I actually don't have to do 30 minutes or more of boring cardio, and I actually get better results doing what I'm doing so far. The only cardio I like doing for long periods is biking outside and walking, and it's hard to fit those in.

Is there any hope for my butt and abs? Am I on the right path? What do I need to change or add? Thanks in advance.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You need a much better lifting routine. Look into a well-designed routine such as Starting Strength, New Rules of Lifting or All Pros.
    Your current routine leaves a lot to be desired. You should be working to master squat, deadlift, bench press, shoulder press, chin ups.

Carb cycling isn't beneficial and needlessly complicated. Does not increase rate at which you lose fat.

You aren't going to see much improvement in shape of anything until you get done cutting and then spend a good long time in a bulk.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."