Thread: How much steak?

Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How much steak?

I usually get around 0.1-0.25kg of steak in 1 meal and was wondering how many kg would make up 30g of protein in a steak. My main source of protein is steak and tuna and I try to eat 30g of protein every meal so i'm wondering how much steak should i eat.
    {NO EYEBROW KREW}

Been miscing for to long idreamofnumber1's Avatar
    idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    id liek to know the answer to this also

Bulking_Brit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bulking_Brit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bulking_Brit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bulking_Brit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bulking_Brit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bulking_Brit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bulking_Brit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bulking_Brit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bulking_Brit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bulking_Brit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bulking_Brit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    id say 25g protein per 100g steak at a guess...id too like to know.

Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    for steak, and most other sources of meat: around 8 ounces will equal around 40 grams of protein. chicken im pretty sure is 7 ounces for 40 grams, and the same with most fish.
    Leader of the Heartless MISC

Lakers 4 Life!

Rep Back 700+

Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ahh ok so 1 ounces = 0.0283495231 kilograms, so 8 ounces is around 0.24kg rougly. So I guess I'm eating around the righ ammount just gotta up it a lil bit.
    {NO EYEBROW KREW}

Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heartless is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yea a guess so. i just dont really know what the equivalents to the metric system are. besides that 2.2lbs equals 1 kilogram.

Lakers 4 Life!

Rep Back 700+

i know that from Muscle and Fitness magazine. that is my favorite magazine. it has alot of fitness/health/diet etc. info. and is obviously a credible source. when i first get it in the mail i gotta read it right away and dont stop till im finished. well worth the money in my opinion.

Lakers 4 Life!

Rep Back 700+

rourkerox will become famous soon enough. (+50) rourkerox will become famous soon enough. (+50) rourkerox will become famous soon enough. (+50) rourkerox will become famous soon enough. (+50) rourkerox will become famous soon enough. (+50) rourkerox will become famous soon enough. (+50) rourkerox will become famous soon enough. (+50) rourkerox will become famous soon enough. (+50) rourkerox will become famous soon enough. (+50) rourkerox will become famous soon enough. (+50) rourkerox will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
    chicken im pretty sure is 7 ounces for 40 grams, and the same with most fish.
    Fish varies greatly in protein content. I have the list posted in my weight room in the basement but I'm not going to go get it. I'm almost sure the amont of protein in different types of fish fluctuates HUGELY.

Aussie_Jimbob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie_Jimbob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dunno what kind of cows and chickens you guys have elsewhere but here in Aus you'l lfind that chicken breast meat is second only to Kangaroo meat in terms of protein per 100g.

Goes something like this...

Kangaroo 30g protein per 100g
    Chicken Breast 24g protein per 100g
    Mince 22g protein per 100g
    Steak 21g protein per 100g

Give or take 1-2 g depending on where you buy your meat.

I chow down on all 4, usually have at least two of them a day and always buy the 'heart smart' packs. (low fat)

Tuna varies greatly but simple tuna in springwater should have a minimum of 17g of protein in a 95g can. (drained weight is about 70g)

Salmon is slighly lower at about 13g per 100g i think.

I'm a manager in a supermarket so i've got plenty of time to research nutritional information of absolutely everything.
    Last edited by Aussie_Jimbob; 03-03-2007 at 02:45 PM.

bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Aussie_Jimbob View Post
    I dunno what kind of cows and chickens you guys have elsewhere but here in Aus you'l lfind that chicken breast meat is second only to Kangaroo meat in terms of protein per 100g.

I chow down on all 4, usually have at least two of them a day and always buy the 'heart smart' packs. (low fat)

Tuna varies greatly but simple tuna in springwater should have a minimum of 17g of protein in a 95g can. (drained weight is about 70g)

I'm a manager in a supermarket so i've got plenty of time to research nutritional information of absolutely everything.

I wana try kangaroo....what does it taste like?

Aussie_Jimbob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie_Jimbob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bigshayet View Post
    I wana try kangaroo....what does it taste like?
    It tastes similar to steak, just a bit more chewier. I'd imagine that is because of how muscly a Kangaroo is, they would be one of natures 'bodybuilders' as they weigh anywhere between 200-400 pounds at probably 5% bodyfat.

Not as nice as steak though and bit of a bitch to cook right because the middle gets hardly any heat because it is so thick.

Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Steak has alot of protein in it but you have to be careful it also has quite high fat, but its good fat!
    Strength, size, power and speed arent achievable without dedication, focus and determination.

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. - Muhammad Ali

Current Lifts 5/05/08

all for 5 reps

Squat 210lbs (narrow stance atg)
    Deadlift 285lbs
    Bench 170lbs
    Row 150 lbs
    Military Press (standing) 116lbs

Sensei Squat is just really nice. (+1000) Sensei Squat is just really nice. (+1000) Sensei Squat is just really nice. (+1000) Sensei Squat is just really nice. (+1000) Sensei Squat is just really nice. (+1000) Sensei Squat is just really nice. (+1000) Sensei Squat is just really nice. (+1000) Sensei Squat is just really nice. (+1000) Sensei Squat is just really nice. (+1000) Sensei Squat is just really nice. (+1000) Sensei Squat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Aussie_Jimbob View Post

Im pretty sure chicken breast is 31g per 100g check calorieking.com or .com.au
    I'm not really a Sensei