Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

So how did any of you married/engaged peeps propose/get proposed to?

I am not the most original guy, and this isn't original, but I figured I try something a little different the second time around (ya I know....first time shame on me, second time.....). My fiance loves Ben & Jerry's although you would never know she ever touched the stuff looking at her. So we had family over for dinner one night and I asked if anyone wanted any dessert....told her I got her favorite cheat dessert.

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    hey, that's awesome. Congrats!

Although I suppose the question that will nag you for the rest of your days is if she married you for the ice cream.

Me, I was part of an arranged marriage/trade - my family got a goat and 4 egg laying chickens in exchange for me.

It's not so bad, really; although they take that damn goat on more holidays than they ever took me on.

MHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mine was we were at the beach at a fairly shark heavy area snorkeling in about 8 foot of water. I call my now wife over and she came reluctantly expecting me to show her some kind of up close and personal dangerous sea creature, which I was prone to doing admittingly. Did the whole question, showed her the ring and that was that. Had it tied to the box with 550 cord and the box securely tied to my shorts also with 550 cord.

Funny enough we were there the next week and in that exact spot I woke up a 12 foot hammerhead that was resting on the bottom. Oops. Current pulled us into the area from the side and snorkeling we had no idea that there was a shark alert and the lifeguards had everyone out of the water(but us).

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Her friends was playing the Queen and a Knight in a local Ren Faire, GF, now wifey, convinced me to dress in character for the day. Called her friend a few days before and arranged everything. The Queen picked out a 'peasant' my GF, to be her royal guest at the joust final. A Knight won the tournament and was to profess his love for said peasant girl at which point I was to act vulgar towards the knight and get hauled in front of him. We both were to profess our love to her and she'd decide who to be with. He did his thing, then I got down on one knee, did the whole ring and box thing...

OG

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MHouser View Post
    Mine was we were at the beach at a fairly shark heavy area snorkeling in about 8 foot of water. I call my now wife over and she came reluctantly expecting me to show her some kind of up close and personal dangerous sea creature, which I was prone to doing admittingly. Did the whole question, showed her the ring and that was that. Had it tied to the box with 550 cord and the box securely tied to my shorts also with 550 cord.

Funny enough we were there the next week and in that exact spot I woke up a 12 foot hammerhead that was resting on the bottom. Oops. Current pulled us into the area from the side and snorkeling we had no idea that there was a shark alert and the lifeguards had everyone out of the water(but us).

Jesus man....everyone would of remembered that one if the Hammerhead had taken a chunk out of you!! And this is why I never swim in the ocean!!! lol Cool way to propose....bet she wasn't expecting that.

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    Her friends was playing the Queen and a Knight in a local Ren Faire, GF, now wifey, convinced me to dress in character for the day. Called her friend a few days before and arranged everything. The Queen picked out a 'peasant' my GF, to be her royal guest at the joust final. A Knight won the tournament and was to profess his love for said peasant girl at which point I was to act vulgar towards the knight and get hauled in front of him. We both were to profess our love to her and she'd decide who to be with. He did his thing, then I got down on one knee, did the whole ring and box thing...
    Now THAT is original and well thought out!!! Kudos man....one of the better ones I have ever heard. Good thing she said yes.....hate to be left hanging in front of a large audience!!! lol

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Someday View Post
    I am not the most original guy, and this isn't original, but I figured I try something a little different the second time around (ya I know....first time shame on me, second time.....). My fiance loves Ben & Jerry's although you would never know she ever touched the stuff looking at her. So we had family over for dinner one night and I asked if anyone wanted any dessert....told her I got her favorite cheat dessert.
    Still thoughtful and I am sure she love it. Saw your pic with her in the other thread. Nice couple.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Nice! Put the rock inside sitting on top. She might chuckle at the carton but when she pops the lid off...BOOM! Priceless...
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...pause

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

That is the sweetest thing! Love the story well done! And very pretty ring too. Congrats to you both!

Mine (the one and only) was also extremely romantic and involved a picnic on the seaside, message written on a seashell, down on knee, diamond ring and all that!

All great stories!
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post

nice! I just took my gal to the beach and whipped it out.

Oh and then I pulled out a ring and asked her to marry me lol
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    took a knee.

In retrospect, I should have just taken a lap and just kept going.

Yes, I'm ready for some football.
    A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Muhammad Ali

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Where is Crup? I figured he would be the first to share a heartwarming story of marriage proposal and eternal love!

Seriously though -- Congrats OP.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    congrats Mr. Someday!

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    Where is Crup? I figured he would be the first to share a heartwarming story of marriage proposal and eternal love!
    GD that was funny!
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    on a gondola ride at night. got a one knee, the gondola started rocking side to side and we all fell into the water. she said no.
    The Ageless Wonder Crew: Client, Player, President.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We'd been dating for two years and I asked her in traditional Japanese style if she wanted to spend next New Year's with me. Her reaction was "Huh?"

She said yes after that. That was...almost eighteen years ago.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    {We were in Italy on a beautiful gondola, for some reason the only ones in this particular area. The gentleman at the helm was Guidiche' Verachini, who's family also makes wonderful pasta. He had a slight twist in his back, but I did not ask him about that. My fiance' and I were in each other's arms. It was at sunset and the view and atmosphere was amazing and enchanting.}

Then, I woke up, not in Italy, no boat, no fiance', nothing, but at a NY Italian old restaurant with my waiter, in a wife-beater asking me in a slightly raised voice, "Whassa matta you sleeping ata the table-a after you-a eating-a spaghetti and-a meat-a balls-a? Crazy-a Americans-a. Aye, aye, aya." I left him a big tip and left
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So how did any of you married/engaged peeps propose/get proposed to?

Was drunk,

a military wedding kind of (well, there were guns involved)

On a serious note: congrats op, nicely done. wishing you both the best!
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    We were at a burning man festival and I proposed after gathering our friends around. She said yes and we eloped, married 3 days later on the date that we first met. That was nearly 7 years ago.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It was similar to this

"To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

I knew I'd get some sarcastic ones from those really enjoying (or enjoyed) their first one or two times) being tied down. lol Marriage is work...no doubt, but with the right person can be awesome.

By the way, I did that back in February....just was thinking about it last week as I picked up our bands finally. She asked when we were doing this...told her I was free today, but she had to work. lol

Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    took the wife on a heli-tour of the mountains at sunset, got her to look away from the window to me, saying 'omg, did you see this?'

had the ring in my hand. the look on her face was priceless. I'd swung by the place the day before, so when we landed, we had chilled champagne and strawberries to celebrate

that was 3 years ago, and the ring was a custom job, one i had designed way back in High school jewelry class. No diamond, a blue sapphire instead, her favorite.
    my workout blog: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177584181&p=1588523911#post1588523911

InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    At the time my wife's dog growing up had grown old and was near the end of her days. All of her family was getting together one Sunday and I went out the night before with a few props. Mid way through the day everyone was together watching a race on TV. I gave her mom the queue and she started rolling the video camera in the background. I retrieved my prop which was a basket with a blanket over the top. Approaching my unsuspecting future wife with basket in hand I said, "I know nothing can replace Tia (her dog) but I thought this might cheer you up a bit." I had my hand under the basket moving it around so it looked like something was alive under the blanket. I set it on her lap and she took the blanket off to find a stuffed bull dog. She went from excitement thinking I bought her a dog to laughter when she saw the stuffed animal. A moment later she noticed a small colored box made out of construction paper hanging from the collar. When she flipped it up to see underneath she saw the ring. Her jaw dropped, she looked and me and said are you kidding me? I had a big sh*t eating grin on my face and said yeah I'm serious. Popped the question, she said yes and two minutes later her and her two sisters had the entire wedding planned. Only her parents knew what was going on so her siblings were confused when she started crying. It all worked out pretty well and we were able to get the whole thing on video.
    "Sammiches are like sets of 20 rep squats; if you need a second one, the first one wasn't heavy enough." - DuracellBunny

Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    While washing dishes, August 1982..... I thought the timing was right. Guess it was.
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

There are always choices, no bad ones, no good ones, only "great" ones,
    "Oh, great!" :)

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm just not a romantic I suppose:

First wife - I said to her as we were sitting on the couch in my dorm room. "I was thinking we should get married over spring break" (this was our Junior year and a couple months before break) she looks at me stunned and says "no we can't". That was all that was said that night. The next day she comes to me all excited and tells me she had picked out the date (2 weeks after graduation in our Senior year) and that she's all ready reserved the church and the hall. I said "what do you mean you said no?". She wasn't pleased and I just laughed. We got married on the date and in the church she had reserved. LOL

Second wife - She was in the hospital right after having had major surgery. The surgery had to do with female issues, she was whacked out on morphine and her doctor came in to see her. He told her that he was putting her on a regiment of hormones for ten months, and if she was ever going to have children her best hope would be immediately after she got off the hormones.

She was very upset and I just said to her "well I guess we have to get married is all". We were married about 11 months later and our son showed up 7 months after that. He was premature by a few weeks but she was also preggers at the time of the wedding, though we didn't find out until 2 days later.

Like I said I'm no romantic.
    Was friends with Methuselah

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We were young and started dating when I was 14 and he was 15. He asked me when we were out to dinner when I was 20. I said yes, changed my mind two weeks later (thought I was too young and needed to date other people) and sent him packing. He went away to be a camp counselor that summer and kept going on about the camp nurse in letters to me. I wasn't bright enough to figure out that if he liked the nurse so much, he probably wouldn't be constantly corresponding with me. I grew jealous and told him I wanted to get married after all. He eventually gave me the ring back and we got married that November. The camp nurse came to our wedding and, although I don't want to be unkind, she was not a looker to say the least.

Anyway, married 33 years this November. I think I'll keep him.

Congratulations and long time no see. Best wishes to you and your bride-to-be. <3
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

Originally Posted by Hibiscus09 View Post
    We were young and started dating when I was 14 and he was 15. He asked me when we were out to dinner when I was 20. I said yes, changed my mind two weeks later (thought I was too young and needed to date other people) and sent him packing. He went away to be a camp counselor that summer and kept going on about the camp nurse in letters to me. I wasn't bright enough to figure out that if he liked the nurse so much, he probably wouldn't be constantly corresponding with me. I grew jealous and told him I wanted to get married after all. He eventually gave me the ring back and we got married that November. The camp nurse came to our wedding and, although I don't want to be unkind, she was not a looker to say the least.

Anyway, married 33 years this November. I think I'll keep him.

Congratulations and long time no see. Best wishes to you and your bride-to-be. <3
    Holy chit!!! It's Hibby! How the hell are you woman?! I think you are one of the only ones around who even remember I was married previously! lol

So it sounds like you got scammed.......so glad to hear it has worked out for the best. Damn time flies.....

Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I handed her a signed blank check and said something to the effect "just make sure you get a good deal on the rings".

I'm romantic like that.

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Holy chit!!! It's Hibby! How the hell are you woman?! I think you are one of the only ones around who even remember I was married previously! lol

So it sounds like you got scammed.......so glad to hear it has worked out for the best. Damn time flies.....
    I think a number of us remember 'Someday'. I hope she's doing well herself.
    Was friends with Methuselah

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It was a nice dinner on Valentines day. I had purposely given her a fake crappy gift earlier that day to throw her off. Then at dinner she looks around and says I wonder if we'll see anyone get engaged (there was a 50th wedding anniversary in the next room too). At the end of dinner I proposed and the chef came out with complimentary desserts etc. It was nice but looking back, the biggest mistake of my life.

If I ever propose to my current GF it would probably be more like, "hey wanna get married?"......"OK"....."cool". Or "hey wanna get married?" ..."nah"....."OK"...."cool".
    You rock a piss, I'm gonna rock some Mitchell

Originally Posted by scullin View Post
    It was nice but looking back, the biggest mistake of my life.
    Lol. There's always that risk, but I am a pretty conservative guy. Been with her 7 years now and seeing as it is important for her it had to become important to me....just had to wait until I was all in as I wasn't in any rush after having been with what was my high school sweetheart for 20+ years.