Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Unhappy Reporter and Cameraman killed on live tv, terrible...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/26.../?intcmp=hpbt1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ta-gunman.html

There's a video made by the gunman and posted online. It shows him pointing the gun at her for several moments before opening fire. I know a reporter has to focus on who they're interviewing, but wow.... I'm pretty sure if I saw a gun out of my peripheral vision that I'd react on instinct alone. This whole thing is so awful and heart breaking, both of the people killed were very young.

The killer was a messed up monster and had been trouble for a long time.
    Was friends with Methuselah

ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Read about this earlier today, did not watch the video recorded by the shooter (don't care to see it).

baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Crazy a$$hole.
    Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Horrible. People are already playing politics with it and the guy was mentally deranged.

I did not watch the video and will not watch it.

Peace and love to the families.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Old-Time-Lifter View Post
    I know a reporter has to focus on who they're interviewing, but wow.... I'm pretty sure if I saw a gun out of my peripheral vision that I'd react on instinct alone. This whole thing is so awful and heart breaking, both of the people killed were very young.
    I don't think she saw it at all....even in peripheral vision. We like to think we would react differently to save ourselves because it gives us the illusion of control and makes us feel less helpless -- But the reality is that nearly all of us in that situation would end up the same way she did.

I agree though....absolutely horrible. Both people killed were in their 20's and just starting their lives.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I really think we need to bring back public hangings.
    My grandfather saw the last man hung as a kid in Oakville, Texas. He remembered the coward crying ( the guy robbed and killed a husband and wife while they were sleeping).
    He said it left a lasting impression on him, especially when his dad told him men were hung for much lesser crimes like cattle rustling and such.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Most of these cowards commit suicide so a hanging may be a little late :-)

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    all too true... This guy was a coward all the way around.

We really need more ccw folks out there.

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    I think 'most' when commuting suicide after the crime is not factual.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Absolutely terrible for the young reporter and cameraman.

I can see another gun control debate starting again. Trouble is the guy was a nutter and was obviously hell bent on killing someone either by gun or some other means if he didn't have a gun.
    pick it up and put it down

thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A guy murdered a reporter and her cameraman on live TV yesterday. He was a black homosexual racist who, according to his own words, was seeking vengeance for the supposed "homophobia" and racism he'd encountered. He said he wanted to start a race war.

Now, because our media and our political leaders are largely corrupt, devious, and manipulative, this dramatic and terrible story will not be in the headlines for long. The racial dynamic is inconvenient and his homosexuality does not fit the narrative. The story will therefore be buried, I guarantee. Maybe it already has. I turned on the news this morning and they were back to talking about Donald Trump again.

So before the incident is completely forgotten and ignored, I think it bears reflecting upon why this sort of thing happens. Many people immediately -- and I mean immediately, like literally within seconds -- twisted this into a "gun control" issue. According to them, guns are responsible. That's ridiculous & an excuse for many reasons . Others say we have a "mental health" crisis in our country. Evil things happen because people have neurological conditions, they insist.

Guns and crazy people. Those are the only two explanations we ever hear anymore.

But I think there's something much deeper. I think the issue is spiritual. We never talk about the spiritual side of things, we never even say the word "evil," but that is where our problems are actually rooted. Our country is not suffering from an epidemic of inanimate objects and mental disorders -- we are in the throes of utter spiritual and moral anarchy.

It's an essential discussion we urgently need to have. Truly, if we ever want anything to get better in our culture, we need to recognize the reality of good and evil, and then make the effort to turn towards good, which means turning towards God.

We have rejected God as a country, and I believe we are seeing, every day, the hideous fruits of our godless civilization. I’m not saying more God-centered cultures don’t have their fair share of murder and crime, but at least when you have an understanding of good and evil, you know how to process these events. You know how to grieve. You know where to look for redemption and healing.

Moreover, a culture that is, like ours, almost entirely lost and confused and devoured by its own self-centeredness creates an environment that actively fosters and encourages this sort of thing. It is not “politicizing” to point out that our nation is governed by people who’ve deliberately stoked the hatred that led to yesterday in Roanoke. As cities have burned, our deceptive, self-serving leaders haven’t stood up and called for unity and justice; instead they’ve worked precisely to undermine both.

Our corrupt media, for their part, have invested themselves not in reporting the truth, but in creating an artificial narrative of white-on-black, straight-on-gay victimization. None of these people will ever, in this life, be held accountable for the evil they are doing, but the truth is apparent.

Powerful people with evil intentions encouraging less powerful people with evil intentions to seize power through force and death. That’s the real problem in our country. There are very few virtuous men and women steering the ship. Mostly, we are captained by degenerates who honestly, truly, do not care if people die or if the whole country collapses around them, as long as they remain on top of the writhing heap.

So here we are. Perhaps there are many who are closer to being Flanagan than we like to think. The survivors tell he was an “angry,” “unhappy,” self-entitled man who looked for slights and offenses and racism and homophobia everywhere. A lot of people have insisted that this proves he was insane. If that’s the case, then we are surrounded by maniacs, because that description sounds extraordinarily familiar.

Once you take the first step — rejecting God, embracing evil — there is simply no telling what you’ll do next. That’s the horrifying truth. Time to face it.

As for how to prevent these tragedies, there isn’t any foolproof plan, but I think we should crawl desperately to the Lord and ask for His direction and healing. I think we should spend more time on our knees in prayer. I think we should strive to be virtuous, humble people who find joy in goodness and love. I think we should be a nation that bows before God and declares Him our one and only King.
    John 4:20

Romans 12 :2

Ephesiens 6:13

"The Lord is my rock,my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom shall I take refuge"

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh look, thomashenry is proselytizing again!
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    Oh look, thomashenry is proselytizing again!
    Did you happen to Read what I said ? or is it a knee jerk reflex Anti Christian response, and since you so quick to address what you don`t like, point out where I am wrong, believe it or not I am open minded so by all means lets us hear your solution

"The Lord is my rock,my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom shall I take refuge"

I don't think it's because we've lost our way with God. Individuals do that not nations.

It's that we have created a culture where you can't offend anyone, and especially you can't offend a gay, black, liberal.

There are even some that say it was justified.... those people are the problem.

We need to grow a spine in this nation and once again be able to disagree without going nuts. What is true though is that if this guy had been the polar opposite of what he was it would still be dominating the news cycle.

THAT's the problem imho.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by thomashenry View Post
    Did you happen to Read what I said ? or is it a knee jerk reflex Anti Christian response, and since you so quick to address what you don`t like, point out where I am wrong, believe it or not I am open minded so by all means lets us hear your solution
    No, as soon as I see the post is a proselytizing attempt, I switch off. If you'd like to have a rational discussion instead of just pushing your religion on everybody, I'll be glad to participate.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Because Christianity is "good" and never done any killing of its own, or crimes against humanity....right?

The US was created as a secular nation. Facts hurt.

I know that the more religious you are, the less open to Reason and thoughtfulness you become, so anything I say denigrating religions would be over your head because your god (of the 5000 currently worshiped) is the bestest and right one.

The reasonable answer is to reduce guns in this country. Virginia stated they will institute mental health checks on people buying guns in that state. But what about in NC? Or DC? Or MD? Or DE? All of those states (and DC) are within an hour or two's drive.

The 2nd Amendment was great when it was needed. Now people are saying they need their AR-15's, or firearms to go against the gov't. Well, since then the technology of the gov't FAAAARRR exceeds that of the civilian arena. A single tank could destroy hundreds of homes and no available firearm at any firearms dealer could stop it.

*Coming from a guy who owns multiple firearms and loves to go out shooting and hunts (albeit rarely) for food (never sport). And bought is wife a pistol for home defense in worst case scenario.

To the OP: This is a very sad story, but one common to the US. There's been a mass shooting nearly every day in America this year, just none actually witnessed by the public until now. No matter how many kids get murdered in school, movie theaters shot up, nothing will change because the rights of the vocal few will also trump the silent majority.
    Last edited by JohnnyBurst; 08-27-2015 at 10:12 AM.

Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    No, as soon as I see the post is a proselytizing attempt, I switch off. If you'd like to have a rational discussion instead of just pushing your religion on everybody, I'll be glad to participate.
    So you just saw the Word God in like the 5th or 6th paragraph and automatically discounted my opinion, which is just that my opinion, nothing rational though ? Interesting to say the least, but not very open minded or tolerant of others opinions, so we can have a rational discussion as long as I do not use the Word God ?
    Last edited by thomashenry; 08-27-2015 at 10:46 AM.

Originally Posted by JohnnyBurst View Post
    Because Christianity is "good" and never done any killing of its own, or crimes against humanity....right?

The US was created as a secular nation. Facts hurt.

I know that the more religious you are, the less open to Reason and thoughtfulness you become, so anything I say denigrating religions would be over your head because your god (of the 5000 currently worshiped) is the bestest and right one.

SO you mean to tell me, correct me if I am wrong, that the Founder of Christianity and everything that encompasses his words and deeds and that for the last 2000 years, nothing whatsoever has helped or contributed to the benefits of mankind by any of his followers ?

And just a follow up if you will, allow me, not to impugn or challenge your authoritative vast wisdom, but based on what you said, you mean to tell me that NONE of the Founders, signers of the Declaration, or the Representatives who were present & ultimately ratified the Constitution in Philadelphia at the Convention in 1787, were, I hate to say it, men of faith or religious, and that their personal, again I apologize, their personal Faith had nothing whatsoever to do with their declared thoughts and oaths ?

JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Correct. Nothing has helped or contributed to mankind, nor his followers. The Vatican persecuted and tortured scientists such as Galileo and murdered innocents during the Inquisition. Europe ran the Holy Wars in the Middle East. Ever wonder why when religion gained a foothold in Europe that the next thousand years was called "The Dark Ages"? And not just related to Christianity. Islam followers created Algebra, named the stars, and led the way in Mathematics. After an Islam cleric proclaimed that Mathematics was the language of the Devil, the followers of that religion have never recovered from a scientific, mathematical, or engineering point of view.

I don't know about ALL the Founders, but John Adams, Ben Franklin, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, George Mason, and others all fought against Christianity becoming the religion of the United States of America. These individuals realized their faith and their governance were two separate entities to not be co-mingled for the benefit and betterment of society.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The 2nd Amendment was great when it was needed. Now people are saying they need their AR-15's, or firearms to go against the gov't. Well, since then the technology of the gov't FAAAARRR exceeds that of the civilian arena. A single tank could destroy hundreds of homes and no available firearm at any firearms dealer could stop it.

*Coming from a guy who owns multiple firearms and loves to go out shooting and hunts (albeit rarely) for food (never sport). And bought is wife a pistol for home defense in worst case scenario.
    The shooter didn't use an AR-15, he used a pistol.....just like you bought for your wife. Seems odd that a guy who is against the second ammendment is buying guns for his wife. Hypocritical much?
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    The shooter didn't use an AR-15, he used a pistol.....just like you bought for your wife. Seems odd that a guy who is against the second ammendment is buying guns for his wife. Hypocritical much?
    I'm definitely NOT against the 2nd Amendment, I'm for it. But that doesn't mean I'm for keeping my guns for the purpose in an attempt overthrowing of the gov't. That "purpose" is out the window. It's not a rational thought.

Correct. Nothing has helped or contributed to mankind, nor his followers. The Vatican persecuted and tortured scientists such as Galileo and murdered innocents during the Inquisition. Europe ran the Holy Wars in the Middle East. Ever wonder why when religion gained a foothold in Europe that the next thousand years was called "The Dark Ages"? And not just related to Christianity. Islam followers created Algebra, named the stars, and led the way in Mathematics. After an Islam cleric proclaimed that Mathematics was the language of the Devil, the followers of that religion have never recovered from a scientific, mathematical, or engineering point of view.

I don't know about ALL the Founders, but John Adams, Ben Franklin, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, George Mason, and others all fought against Christianity becoming the religion of the United States of America. These individuals realized their faith and their governance were two separate entities to not be co-mingled for the benefit and betterment of society.

John Adams--- Suppose a nation in some distant region should take the Bible for their only law book and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited. . . . What a Eutopia – what a Paradise would this region be

Ben Franklin--- As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and His religion as He left them to us, the best the world ever saw or is likely to see

George Washington--- The blessing and protection of Heaven are at all times necessary but especially so in times of public distress and danger. The General hopes and trusts that every officer and man will endeavor to live and act as becomes a Christian soldier, defending the dearest rights and liberties of his country

Thomas Jefferson--- I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ

James Madison --- I have sometimes thought there could not be a stronger testimony in favor of religion or against temporal enjoyments, even the most rational and manly, than for men who occupy the most honorable and gainful departments and [who] are rising in reputation and wealth, publicly to declare their unsatisfactoriness by becoming fervent advocates in the cause of Christ; and I wish you may give in your evidence in this way.

Alexander Hamilton --- “I have a tender reliance on the mercy of the Almighty, through the merits of the Lord Jesus Christ.”

George Mason --- I give and bequeath my soul to Almighty God that gave it me, hoping that through the meritorious death and passion of our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ to receive absolution and remission for all my sins

Wanna tackle some other issue`s

I'm definitely NOT against the 2nd Amendment, I'm for it. But that doesn't mean I'm for keeping my guns for the purpose in an attempt overthrowing of the gov't. That "purpose" is out the window. It's not a rational thought.
    The Founders recognized the "right to keep and bear arms" as an inalienable right of self-defense to be protected by government rather than infringed or abridged by it. As Constitution signer John Dickinson affirmed, inalienable rights such as self-defense were rights "which God gave to you and which no inferior power has a right to take away.”

Significantly, the Second Amendment did not grant or bestow any right on the people; instead, it simply recognized and provided what Constitution signer James Wilson called “a new security” for the right of self-defense that God had already bestowed on every individual.

Numerous Founders affirmed the God-given right to self-defense and personal safety:

The said Constitution [should] be never construed . . . to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. Samuel Adams, Signer of the Declaration, “Father of the American Revolution”
    The right . . . of bearing arms . . . is declared to be inherent in the people. Fisher Ames, A Framer of the Second Amendment in the First Congress
    The advantage of being armed [is an advantage which] the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation. . . . In the several kingdoms of Europe . . . the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison, U.S. President, Signer of the Constitution, a Framer of the Second Amendment in the first congress

To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. Richard Henry Lee, Signer of the Declaration, A Framer of the Second Amendment in the First Congress

"The means of defense against a foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
    —James Madison

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations. ... The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home..If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be under the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." President James Madison

"When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil."
    — Thomas Jefferson

"It is the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins."
    —Benjamin Franklin

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God"
    —Benjamin Franklin

"It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority."
    —Benjamin Franklin

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect its country from its government."
    —Thomas Paine

“I never liked the Hierarchy of the Church — an equality in the teacher of Religion, and a dependence on the people, are republican sentiments — but if the Clergy combine, they will have their influence on Government”
    ~Founding Father Rufus King, Rufus King: American Federalist, pp. 56-57

“Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.”
    ~Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814,

“I am for freedom of religion and against all maneuvers to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another.”
    ~Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, letter to Elbridge Gerry, January 26, 1799

“We should begin by setting conscience free. When all men of all religions shall enjoy equal liberty, property, and an equal chance for honors and power we may expect that improvements will be made in the human character and the state of society.”
    ~Founding FatherJohn Adams, letter to Dr. Price, April 8, 1785

“Thirteen governments [of the original states] thus founded on the natural authority of the people alone, without a pretence of miracle or mystery, and which are destined to spread over the northern part of that whole quarter of the globe, are a great point gained in favor of the rights of mankind.”
    ~Founding Father John Adams, “A Defence of the Constitutions of Government of the United States of America” (1787-88)

“The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.”
    ~1797 Treaty of Tripoli signed by Founding Father John Adams

“We have abundant reason to rejoice that in this Land the light of truth and reason has triumphed over the power of bigotry and superstition… In this enlightened Age and in this Land of equal liberty it is our boast, that a man’s religious tenets will not forfeit the protection of the Laws, nor deprive him of the right of attaining and holding the highest Offices that are known in the United States.”
    ~Founding Father George Washington

“God has appointed two kinds of government in the world, which are distinct in their nature, and ought never to be confounded together; one of which is called civil, the other ecclesiastical government.”
    ~Founding Father Isaac Backus

“The legislature of the United States shall pass no law on the subject of religion.”
    ~Founding Father Charles Pinckney

-------------------------
    Jesus DID have great ideals. But today he would be called a liberal, socialist, anti-capitalist Jew. Buddha also had great ideals. So did Krishna, and Lao Tzu. Love your fellow man. The faith is fine, it's the religion which twists it to mankinds end goal of control.

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.” How Christlike
    Last edited by JohnnyBurst; 08-27-2015 at 11:50 AM.

poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bolded above is not the purpose. The purpose is for protection from a tyrannical government.
    A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. And that's why the USA is a constitutional republic and not a democracy.

Originally Posted by poundXpound View Post
    Bolded above is not the purpose. The purpose is for protection from a tyrannical government.
    Which was entirely valid given the strength of military weapons as compared to civilians weapons up until post WW1. Now, still not a rational or valid idea. Example, look at the Bonus Army and what happened to them.

Originally Posted by thomashenry View Post
    So you just saw the Word God in like the 5th or 6th paragraph and automatically discounted my opinion, which is just that my opinion, nothing rational though ? Interesting to say the least, but not very open minded or tolerant of others opinions, so we can have a rational discussion as long as I do not use the Word God ?

No, I read "we need to recognize the reality of good and evil, and then make the effort to turn towards good, which means turning towards God. " realized you were proselytizing, and stopped reading. Proselytizing implies the person doing the proselytizing is convinced of having the revealed truth and be right no matter what, which is why he feels at liberty of going to others, who obviously don't have the truth, to educate them. THat isn't a rational discussion.

V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So, didn't hear anything from Sharpton or Jackson about this. Can we count on Westboro "Baptist" "Church" getting involved?

Since YESTERDAY there have been 3 MORE mass shootings in America. Did you know about them? There have been 239 days so far in 2015, and 249 mass shootings. Don't even pretend that "oh, well if there was open carry then there would be less shootings" because that is empirically false. Several states listed below have open carry laws (such as the almighty FL where "victims" are allowed to shoot with near zero consequences")

http://shootingtracker.com/wiki/Mass_Shootings_in_2015

Gun violence is a problem, clear as day, in America.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think there is something really wrong with me, because I searched for the video like crazy until I found the one that actually showed the shooting as most did not show anything..

For some reason I like to see blood and sh!t, I really don't know why.

With that said, that guy was a f'cking coward, he snuck up on those people and then took his own life like the coward he is.

And Karl I disagree with your statement that most would not have noticed. I for one would notice for sure, anyone gets within 5 feet of me I am looking at them to see what they are doing. I never just look straight ahead I am constantly looking around me at all times, I am not sure why I do that but I guess it is how I am wired.
    On the list for Bannukah