visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tips for first time Physique Competitor? Posing? Presentation? Excess Skin?

So I'm watching a lot of Youtube stuff and trying to figure it out. Went to my first show to watch a couple weeks ago, my coach had a client there doing his first show (3rd novice, 3rd in class).

I'm pretty confident my coach will have me looking prepared on stage or she wouldn't let me represent her.

I'm more concerned about the posing and also this extra skin I have around my belly from Being about 60# over a few years ago, and then sitting around 25 over for the last 2 years.

Currently I'm 6'1" 215 from 235, and before that 265, going to end up like 195ish for stage. I think I'm somewhere around 14% BF.

Diet is just under 2300Cal mostly chicken, rice, broccoli, egg whites, some lean Sirloin, few almonds, little avocado about 295Protein, 183 Carbs, 40 Fat.

Doing 50min light cardio every day, and working out about 4-5 days a week.

Here's a picture of the skin issue I'm dealing with, my coach says it wont show by show time, I'm hoping she's right.

loose-skin.jpg
    First Show 10/3/15 Border States, Masters men's physique, lets do this!

Tucc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tucc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tucc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tucc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tucc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tucc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tucc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tucc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tucc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tucc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tucc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Must be frustrating. Your physique is awesome.
    If I could sum up life in 3 words.....it goes on -- Robert Frost

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The longer you are leaner the more the skin will tighten.
    If its a local and smaller show you will see many with loose skin, you will not be the only one.

No cream nor oil will help you here. Whatever doesn't tighten up while you are leaner will have to be taken care of through surgery. Been there, done that, there is no good answer and you will have to get surgery if you want to win higher caliber shows.
    That's just the way this game works.

on a positive note, most of this becomes non-visible on stage if you keep your torso straight up and are not required to bend over for any pose (like the ab/thigh shot, or crab MM...which you don't do in physique).

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by visiontilt View Post

Here's a picture of the skin issue I'm dealing with, my coach says it wont show by show time, I'm hoping she's right.
    She's right....it will be some of the last fat to come off you along with glute/ham tie-ins, which no one will really care about in physique seeing as they are hidden. I had excess skin a couple of months out and then veins running through my abs show time.

Resident Craft Brewer Hooverville's Avatar
    Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tucc View Post
    Must be frustrating. Your physique is awesome.
    This is someone ready to compete....
    It's your diet.

*COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW*

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hooverville View Post
    repped^
    OG

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Hooverville View Post
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visiontilt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to just have to cross my fingers for the first show and hope the skin is not too bad. I"m looking at doing another show by the end of the year, might as well get some use out of my npc card and will give me the opportunity to fix the first show issues. Just got all the added cost of more entries and another $100 on tan. ick.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As the others said there will be nothing short of surgery you can do to get rid of the loose skin.
    And as said it will tighten up some what.
    Im sure others though in your division will also have this issue.
    My advice would be to find the poses or the way to pose for you personally that hide or show very little of the loose skin.Many smart bodybuilders with weak areas will try to hide their weaknesses with certain poses.
    I know you have to do mandatories but play around with them and see what you can do to minimize seeing the loose skin.
    Also take each and every show as a learning experience even if you don't win.
    This is valuable stage experience that will help you for the next show.
    Good luck to you.

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm experiencing the same issue. But I'm 66 and the condition is more noticeable since I have reduced my body fat from 10% to the current level of 7.2%.
    Are you competing in an age group? If you are competing against young guys with tight skin then it may be a liability. Practice your posing to minimize it's exposure.

I have judged physique contests. The judges look for a symmetrically aesthetic physique (upper obviously), conditioning, grooming, and a smile showing confidence you look great.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    I'm experiencing the same issue. But I'm 66 and the condition is more noticeable since I have reduced my body fat from 10% to the current level of 7.2%.
    Are you competing in an age group? If you are competing against young guys with tight skin then it may be a liability. Practice your posing to minimize it's exposure.

I have judged physique contests. The judges look for a symmetrically aesthetic physique (upper obviously), conditioning, grooming, and a smile showing confidence you look great.
    I'm not sure what all I'm doing for the first show, I'm eligible for Novice, Open, 35+, and 40+ . I'm for sure hitting novice and 40+ I train with a pro BBer and his idea was that If I pay the $150 x 4 I'll be making the same mistakes in all 4 divisions. If I just sign up for 2 now (40+ and novice), I can do another show by end of year and it should just cost me an extra $100 for tanning but I'll have some feedback and suggestions for improvement from Tamer and my coach, not to mention it gives me the opportunity to get in front of the judges a couple times.

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not sure what all I'm doing for the first show, I'm eligible for Novice, Open, 35+, and 40+ . I'm for sure hitting novice and 40+ I train with a pro BBer and his idea was that If I pay the $150 x 4 I'll be making the same mistakes in all 4 divisions. If I just sign up for 2 now (40+ and novice), I can do another show by end of year and it should just cost me an extra $100 for tanning but I'll have some feedback and suggestions for improvement from Tamer and my coach, not to mention it gives me the opportunity to get in front of the judges a couple times.
    For your first show one division should be enough plus the tanning. Judges have a long day, they must place each competitor in every division, and if you are not positioned in the center or near the center during the first call outs they will spend less time evaluating you physique. My suggestion is to pick a division where you think you can do well.

Based on last year the show appears to be good quality competition.

http://contests.npcnewsonline.com/co...tates_classic/
    Last edited by JerryB; 08-27-2015 at 06:03 PM.

Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    For your first show one division should be enough plus the tanning. Judges have a long day, they must place each competitor in every division, and if you are not positioned in the center or near the center during the first call outs they will spend less time evaluating you physique. My suggestion is to pick a division where you think you can do well.

Based on last year the show appears to be good quality competition.
    Thanks a ton Jerry, I'm a little surprised that they went masters 35+ then Masters 45+?? I'm only 40 so that would make that decision easy for me. I'm looking at the competition and I think legitimately when I'm ready (not now) I'd probably slide in somewhere around 5th in novice and 35+ (I'm 6'1) Hope I'm wrong about it, what do you have to get for a trophy top 3?

Thanks a ton Jerry, I'm a little surprised that they went masters 35+ then Masters 45+?? I'm only 40 so that would make that decision easy for me. I'm looking at the competition and I think legitimately when I'm ready (not now) I'd probably slide in somewhere around 5th in novice and 35+ (I'm 6'1) Hope I'm wrong about it, what do you have to get for a trophy top 3?

I judge for a different organization.
    The answer to your question depends on who shows up.
    Come to the contest in top condition.

v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think you look really good for the amount of time til show you have. Just stick to your coaches plan. I am going through the same, my first contest is 2 weeks after yours, and I am working with an experienced coach as well. At times I have doubts, but I am paying the guy good money and he wants me to do well so he looks good. I am following his plan as written and told to me even though I may not always agree...he has been right so far and even if he isn't perfect what he is doing is working well. It appears to be the case with you that you have had a lot of success already with your transformation.

btw i think you are less than 14%, calipers and anthropomorphic measures have me at around 10% and you appear to be similar leanness. Either way the number doesn't matter, its how you look...
    Last edited by v4lu3s; 08-28-2015 at 05:48 AM.

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think you'll be fine - more than a month to go.

Biceps like yours are why I'll probably never make it on stage!
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

about another week down, the loose skin doesn't look as bad.

11949152_10153064544837513_8703770985433706986_n.jpg

On the #gaintrain Psychdockelly's Avatar
    Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As a mother of 4, loose skin in the belly area is my expertise

I can tell you I went to a top notch surgeon. One of the best in the country. He assured me my stomach had tightened as much as it ever would naturally. What was left was loose skin that could never tighten more than it had.

He then explained what all was required for a tummy tuck to get rid of the loose skin remaining (including weeks of bed rest). I was so frustrated. As a business owner the idea of taking 3 days off seems absurd. 3 weeks at home? Never happen.

That was about a year ago and it just continues to tighten. To the point that in a lot of the poses there is no sign of loose skin at all. I'm so glad I never had the surgery and can say from first hand experience, loose skin like yours, which looks a lot like mine did, will tighten over time..

You look fabulous, good luck in your competition!!

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    JerryB is right on.
    You never know who is going to show up.
    Also most important come in the best shape you possibly can get in.
    When i competed i prided myself in how good of shape i could get in.
    I mostly competed in the heavyweight class defeating guys that were bigger but fell short of their conditioning.
    Ive judged a few shows and someone thats in really tight shape always catches my eye first,then other things are taken into consideration.
    Bodybuilding isn't won by the biggest guy but the one with the best all around physique.