TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100)

Question about Pendlay Rows

So I dont know if the form is just wrong or not. But when I do pendlay rows it hurts my lower back pretty bad when I set the weight down after I do my reps. Is this normal with Pendlay Rows?

Cartyparty96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheRealMvp123 View Post
    So I dont know if the form is just wrong or not. But when I do pendlay rows it hurts my lower back pretty bad when I set the weight down after I do my reps. Is this normal with Pendlay Rows?
    No, it shouldn't hurt your lower back. You have to always perform pendlay rows with correct form and controlled movement. You have to really focus on pushing your butt out and keeping a solid and straight back. Also if it's to heavy that you need to rely on momentum than drop the weight. Try and find someone in the gym to critique you or just film yourself and compare it to a YouTube videos. Good luck and happy lifting.

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheRealMvp123 View Post
    Nope it's not normal at all. You shouldn't be experience back discomfort.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah, as others have mentioned no lower back pain should be involved. I guide but drop the weight between reps...I suggest you wear relatively tight wrist wraps. Sometimes when the bar hits the ground and bounces (assuming you're using bumper plates) the bar can have a subtle nasty bounce that vibrates through your grip/wrists.

If you create tension throughout your body correctly, you shouldn't get lower back pain.

You approach the bar like a Stiff Leg Deadlift, bend over and LOCK your hips and knees into place by squeezing glutes and hams while bracing your abs and lats, grip the bar like a Deadlift (double over), let your hips rise until your torso parallel to the floor, pull the slack out of the bar, then pull to lower chest explosively (the same place you'd touch your chest with a Bench Press).....Like bench, one of the nuances to Pendlays is to keep your elbows tucked to minimize flare and the degree of bicep involvement. You'll feel it more in lats and mid-back that way.

If you can do regular BB Rows and RDLs, Pendlay rows are very ease to grasp.

KCUtah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCUtah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCUtah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCUtah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCUtah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCUtah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCUtah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCUtah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCUtah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCUtah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCUtah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One of the things I use for myself and with clients are minibands to work on the hip hinge while doing pendlay rows, RDLs.

https://instagram.com/p/52mS6wun5t/

Having a miniband around the knees and keeping tension on the bands engages the glutes. So the main thing to focus on is to flex or brace the abs, which is generally easier for beginners & even more experienced lifters to do, than get into a solid hip hinge position (which is NOT squatting).
    Instagram: https://instagram.com/kcworkout/
    http://www.KCWorkout.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/kcworkout