ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What is the most idiot-proof way to number my rack?

I was initially going to just add stickers for the spotters and jcups for a few exercises, but it looks like my friend is going to start working out with me too.

Two considerations:
    1. I'm about the least handy person in the world, so it's gotta be simple or i'll make a mess of it.
    2. In theory I could just grab a sharpie and write in the numbers, but I'd like it to look halfway decent if possible.

omega329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omega329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omega329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omega329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omega329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omega329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omega329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omega329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omega329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omega329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omega329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lowes/HD has numbers in sheets that peel off and look very nice, however they are slightly larger, and will either have to go on the side if your spacing is close
    Dynamo Label Maker (Can look a little small and costs like 30$)
    Paint marker from homedepot/lowes ect, unsure of correct name but they are just markers with paint.
    Numbered stickers from officedepot, or maybe blank ones and write the numbers on it.
    Make numbers in microsoft word and cut them out and tape on with masking tape.

ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do numbered stickers peel off easily?

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ShreddedSix View Post
    Do numbered stickers peel off easily?
    i'm sure you can find more adhesive ones, i'd be surprised if you couldn't find an application that was designed to be used on painted metal...
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There are markers that are paint markers available at any hardware store/Home Depot. I use one to mark holes on my Rogue equipment (I believe it is a white paint marker).

It's only paint - if you want to feel more comfortable get some Rustoleum that somewhat matches the equipment paint color and undo your mistakes. I've used a black Sharpie to ungoof a number I wrote on a Rogue piece, let it dry, then re-did the number using the paint marker.

I've only used stickers on my Super Bench. I went to Michael's and bought some nice stickers to place on the chrome incline arch on it so I can see what the incline setting is. I cut out a piece of duct tape in the shape of an arrow and placed it on the vertical post pointing to the number of interest. Those stickers have held on for 2 years. I don't think I would like the possibility of the stickers getting scraped off (on rack uprights for example). I don't know how well they would adhere to powder coated surfaces either.

Originally Posted by jedpop View Post
    There are markers that are paint markers available at any hardware store/Home Depot. I use one to mark holes on my Rogue equipment (I believe it is a white paint marker).

It's only paint - if you want to feel more comfortable get some Rustoleum that somewhat matches the equipment paint color and undo your mistakes. I've used a black Sharpie to ungoof a number I wrote on a Rogue piece, let it dry, then re-did the number using the paint marker.

I've only used stickers on my Super Bench. I went to Michael's and bought some nice stickers to place on the chrome incline arch on it so I can see what the incline setting is. I cut out a piece of duct tape in the shape of an arrow and placed it on the vertical post pointing to the number of interest. Those stickers have held on for 2 years. I don't think I would like the possibility of the stickers getting scraped off (on rack uprights for example). I don't know how well they would adhere to powder coated surfaces either.
    Did you use stencils or something with your paint marker? Can you tell me which size you used? Also did u number each hole?

I also have a rogue rack.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    get a ruler, measure the width of your rack. bring ruler to the hardware store (you get style points for bringing a tape measure instead of a rule) and measure the stencils. voila
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Grease pencil aka "China marker"

Inexpensive, works like a pencil so it's pretty damn hard to mess it up, and it comes right off with windex.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    Grease pencil aka "China marker"
    what did you call me?

jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedpop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Did you use stencils or something with your paint marker? Can you tell me which size you used? Also did u number each hole?

I also have a rogue rack.
    I don't have a Rogue rack - I have The Strip and the Stabilizer for the "portable" GHD. I numbered each hole free hand on The Strip and the Stablizer.

For the Leg Holder attachment I just put a line as a reference point to match up with the number on The Strip.

One year on and the marks are still there.

One note: Don't write too small and plan your numbering in advance (no fancy "2's"). "2" just like it is in this posting - not the cursive "2" with all the fancy curves (the paint marker type isn't fine enough for such fancy art...

You could look at an oil based white Sharpie - I haven't used one but it may have a finer type if you want to get fancy...

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    what did you call me?
    All of the other things I've called you in the past, and you pick "china marker" to be upset about?

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I used a silver sharpie and stencils on my rogue monster lite rack i think it turned out alright.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #29 ||---||

It looks like Shabang gave you the answer - if he can tell you where to get the stencils you should be set imo (the numbering looks nice and uniform).

One thing I would suggest is make sure the number placement makes the number visible just before the pin is inserted or put some hair around the holes if you want to do it by feel...

Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    All of the other things I've called you in the past, and you pick "china marker" to be upset about?

very well, i will reserve my offended feelings for another post. consider yourself warned.

Originally Posted by Shabang View Post
    I used a silver sharpie and stencils on my rogue monster lite rack i think it turned out alright.
    Looks amazing! Can you tell me the stencils you used and where you got them? I'd like to do mine the same way.

Originally Posted by jedpop View Post
    It looks like Shabang gave you the answer - if he can tell you where to get the stencils you should be set imo (the numbering looks nice and uniform).

One thing I would suggest is make sure the number placement makes the number visible just before the pin is inserted or put some hair around the holes if you want to do it by feel...
    Haha agreed. Thanks for the tip!

very well, i will reserve my offended feelings for another post. consider yourself warned.
    No threats in this thread please, thanks China Marker.

Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Shabang View Post
    Looks great, I really need to do this to mine.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #15 ||---||

BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BuildingMAS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Y'all are fancy...I just put strips of masking tape at the relevant holes and wrote things like "bench," "low bar squat," "high bar squat," etc. Could even add each person's name if I had workout partners.

That said, what Shabang did looks pretty good.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #88 []---[]

snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Paint pen w/ stencil

If your rack is powder coated, stickers most likely won't stay on very long.
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #2 ──<//>─<\\>──

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #8 ||---||

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BuildingMAS View Post
    Y'all are fancy...I just put strips of masking tape at the relevant holes and wrote things like "bench," "low bar squat," "high bar squat," etc. Could even add each person's name if I had workout partners.

That said, what Shabang did looks pretty good.
    agreed - I have the advantage of having a white rack - and while it came with a numbered label, I use a dry erase marker to mark the most used holes.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

thegoldfinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) thegoldfinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) thegoldfinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) thegoldfinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) thegoldfinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) thegoldfinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) thegoldfinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) thegoldfinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) thegoldfinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) thegoldfinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) thegoldfinger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Alternative to numbering each hole.

Attached Images

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by thegoldfinger View Post
    Alternative to numbering each hole.

This is true - while most of my holes are numbers with the label, I only mark off the heights for my squat and bench safeties, squat and bench j jooks, and where I set the safeties for my seated ovp.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Looks amazing! Can you tell me the stencils you used and where you got them? I'd like to do mine the same way.
    Thanks! my wife picked up the stencils from a local office supply store, i would think almost any office supply store would carry stencils.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #29 ||---||

Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000)
    For a single user it almost seems like the thing to do is to add some removable clips that somehow attach securely to the upright but won't interfere with getting the spotter arms in. Kind of like tabs on a hanging file folder (for us office guys). That way you don't have to remember numbers.
    www.tworepcave.com
    Black Friday deals page updated daily through Nov 2022

Originally Posted by Squeebo View Post
    For a single user it almost seems like the thing to do is to add some removable clips that somehow attach securely to the upright but won't interfere with getting the spotter arms in. Kind of like tabs on a hanging file folder (for us office guys). That way you don't have to remember numbers.
    you don't need numbers if you are only using say two spotter heights and two hook heights - say for bench and squat. You can just use one color and draw a line for each lift. Now when you have multiple users or do a lot of different things, then numbers or letters help.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

are the uprights magnetic?

buy some magnets and use them to mark the height.

krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000)
    are the uprights magnetic?

buy some magnets and use them to mark the height.
    My kids would have a field day with this!!