mililegs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Is curling 85lbs a realistic goal?

A big boss at my workplace challenged me to curl 85lbs by the time I'm done my internship (I've got 1 year), in return for a recommendation for a full-time job (yes, ridiculous i know). I just lifted 65lbs for 3 sets of 4 then 70lbs for 2 sets of 2 right off the bat. Keep in mind that it was done with a broken finger and not much background training (I tend to stick to squat, DL and bench along with HIIT and circuit training). Do you think its reasonable to aim to curl 85lbs in 12 months time? Also, I'm 21, weigh 150lbs and and currently sitting around 18%BF.

Any help/recommendation would be greatly appreciated!

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sure, why not? Just train with progressive overload and try not to add weight too fast. Biceps aren't big, so it'll take time to move more weight.

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

areardon91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) areardon91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) areardon91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) areardon91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) areardon91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) areardon91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) areardon91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) areardon91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) areardon91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) areardon91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) areardon91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mililegs View Post
    A big boss at my workplace challenged me to curl 85lbs by the time I'm done my internship (I've got 1 year), in return for a recommendation for a full-time job (yes, ridiculous i know). I just lifted 65lbs for 3 sets of 4 then 70lbs for 2 sets of 2 right off the bat. Keep in mind that it was done with a broken finger and not much background training (I tend to stick to squat, DL and bench along with HIIT and circuit training). Do you think its reasonable to aim to curl 85lbs in 12 months time? Also, I'm 21, weigh 150lbs and and currently sitting around 18%BF.

Yes! 12 months is plenty of time to gain that stength. Especially if you are currently at 70. keep at it!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BubsNBean View Post
    Sure, why not? Just train with progressive overload and try not to add weight too fast. Biceps aren't big, so it'll take time to move more weight.
    This^^
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All I could say has been said, so I just want to add good luck, and you show him!
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I agree with what others stated...that it is completely possible...but make sure you know what the rules are ahead of time and train accordingly. Trust me, there is a huge difference between barbell curling 70 lbs and strict curling 70 lbs (based on power lifting rules).

I've seen plenty of guys barbell curling 100 lbs in the squat rack that I doubt could strict curl 70 lbs.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

Superperfect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Superperfect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Superperfect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Superperfect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Superperfect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Superperfect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Superperfect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Superperfect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Superperfect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Superperfect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Superperfect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i wouldnt advice any of these activities but since ure asking, i think its possible; ive seen u already succeeded at losing fat; what r ur wrist and flexed arm measures now? i would advice heavy/maximal activity every 2 or 3 weeks, mild/moderate once per week and minimal/aerobic twice per week. notice that u would need an increase of around 14 lbs of bodyweight for every increase of one inch of arm size.

Real444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

85lbs? thats crazy especially if you are talking about one dumbell a hand. I Go to several gyms and even all the guys that are big or strength trainers Do not go pass 65 a hand.

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Artemis00 View Post
    I agree with what others stated...that it is completely possible...but make sure you know what the rules are ahead of time and train accordingly. Trust me, there is a huge difference between barbell curling 70 lbs and strict curling 70 lbs (based on power lifting rules).

I've seen plenty of guys barbell curling 100 lbs in the squat rack that I doubt could strict curl 70 lbs.
    I didn't realize curling was considered a powerlift

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BubsNBean View Post
    I didn't realize curling was considered a powerlift
    Certain federations include it...this one in particular

http://rawpowerlifting.com/

lschepis has two PA records with her curls.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***