ayylmaokai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Designing your own routine?

I was looking to design my own routine, but i was wondering what is the best amount of exercises per muscle? also how many sets/reps each? And is it better to just do each exercise at a time or do supersets/trisets or circuits? my goal is to bulk up with this routine.

Spik3e will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spik3e will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spik3e will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spik3e will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spik3e will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spik3e will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spik3e will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spik3e will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spik3e will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spik3e will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spik3e will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In my opinion 5 exercises per muscle(except for biceps 4) /4 sets / 8-15 reps . Make sure you give enough time for muscle to recover before doing it again. And diet is one bulking you up ( routine can be same on cut and bulk ).

BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just do a routine that's stickied on this forum.

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IMO if you need to run a routine past the forum.

Then there is a good chance you are not experienced enough to put a routine together.

Thus following a well planned out sticky that is tried and tested until you are. Will actually suffice until the right time comes.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

ArmyWolffff is not very well liked. (-100) ArmyWolffff is not very well liked. (-100) ArmyWolffff is not very well liked. (-100) ArmyWolffff is not very well liked. (-100) ArmyWolffff is not very well liked. (-100) ArmyWolffff is not very well liked. (-100) ArmyWolffff is not very well liked. (-100) ArmyWolffff is not very well liked. (-100) ArmyWolffff is not very well liked. (-100) ArmyWolffff is not very well liked. (-100) ArmyWolffff is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ayylmaokai View Post
    I was looking to design my own routine, but i was wondering what is the best amount of exercises per muscle? also how many sets/reps each? And is it better to just do each exercise at a time or do supersets/trisets or circuits? my goal is to bulk up with this routine.
    each exercise at a time, do dropsets, starting out 90%-95% max is what i do

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't start your own routine until you're deep into the intermediate stage. You haven't established what works for you to the point of being able to justify not doing certain solid beginner programs.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

Dakramerz1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dakramerz1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This "you cant make your own routine until you worked out for 250 years" is just bull****. What you need for a good routine is this:
    A good split that allows the same consistency for all muscle groups. ( this meaning you dont have 4 back days,1 chest and 1 leg day).
    The right amount of volume for each muscle group.
    Good exercises.

So, how do we measure the right amount of volume? Reps/week. I would recommend 60-120 reps/week for large muscle groups such as chest,back,quads,hams and 30-60 reps/week for smaller muscle groups such as biceps/triceps/traps/calves etc.

Now if you do a bro split you might do 5 chest exercises on chest day, but if you go on a upper/lower you will just do 2 exercises per upper body day since you're doing it twice a week.

Good splits : 6 day ppl,upper/lower,3 day full body.

Good exercises:

Back:
    BB rows
    Pullups
    One arm db rows
    Cable rows
    Lat pulldowns

Chest:
    Dumbell flies
    DB/BB press
    Incline DB press
    Incline DB flies
    Chest dips

Legs:
    Squats
    Leg press
    Deadlifts
    Leg curl
    Leg extension
    Seated/standing calf raises

Biceps:
    Hammer curls
    Barbell curls
    Ez bar curls
    Incline db curls
    Concentration curls

Triceps:
    Cg bench
    Dips
    Db extensions
    Cable pushdowns

Shoulders
    Overhead press
    DB shoulder press
    Lateral raises

For rep ranges, go 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps for hypertrophy.

naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Find a routine that is already established, and just alter it to your preference.

So if you find one that says barbell bench press, then you can switch it to dumbbell chest press and you can switch around the order as well.

The number of sets can be different.

You should start with very light weights that you can do for 10 to 20 repetitions, then add on more weight, and perform 8 to 10 repetitions, add more weight until you reach your working weight.

So if you can bench press 80 pounds it'll look like this...

Press the empty bar (olympic bar weighs 44 pounds approx) for 10 to 20 repetitions
    Rest for 1 minute or less
    Add 10 to 20 pounds and perform 8 to 10 reps
    Rest for 1 minute or so
    Add 10 to 20 pounds, perform 4 to 8 reps
    Now your warmed up and ready to perform 1 to 3 sets with the same weight (or until you reach your maximum for 8 to 10 reps) (depending on you and your level)
    12+ Years Natural Transformation: From Skinny to Aesthetics (17 to 29 years old) | Motivational:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhgwmkDoRsg&t

'Hardgainer' Representative
    (ex-skinny guy 100 to 200LBS)

If you can destroy your fears and push past pain, then you can conquer anything.