OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Paying nearly $1000 for a personal training cert?

What's up guys, I've decided to go with NASM. After doing my research eTeach seems like a good option. For today only, I could purchase the NASM CPTSelf Study with workshop and have it upgraded to eTeach. Pretty cool right? $849 but when I called they said with tax and shipping it'd be $930.....I'm thinking wtf that's too much. I might as well save a bit of money and go with the Self Study only and have it upgraded to workshop right?

Or is the eTeach a good investment? Thanks

OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneEyeSamurai has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bump

Shmiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shmiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shmiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shmiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shmiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shmiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shmiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shmiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shmiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shmiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shmiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    An extra 80$ makes it too much?

I heard that NASM is good, pretty sure we only have Canfitpro here in Canada which I hear is chit

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Personal trainers charge at last 50 bucks an hour, up to 150 in some places. So $1,000 represents 6-20 hours of PT sessions. That's one client for 6-12 weeks.

If you think you won't train people for 6-20hr, you really should not become a trainer.

BS, CSCS, NASM-CPT, CES mattdustin's Avatar
    mattdustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattdustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattdustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattdustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattdustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattdustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattdustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattdustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattdustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattdustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattdustin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's worth it. They may have changed it, but pretty sure when I did both the NASM-CPT and their CES credential, they let me do a monthly payment plan if I called and set it up - is that no longer an option?
    -Matt Dustin
    B.S. Exercise Science, CSCS, Precision Nutrition Coach
    www.mattdustin.com

-Online coach, fitness author, nutrition consultant
    -Writer for Bodybuilding.com, T-Nation, EliteFTS, STACK, AskMen, and many more.

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    rediculously overpriced. nasm isnt even a good cert. id go with nsca, ace, or acsm before nasm unless the mngr at the gym you want to work at specifically wants nasm trainers

CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You're paying $1000....how much are people paying for their masters degrees and not being able to find a job? How much are people STILL paying for their masters after having finally found a job....

I went with NASM because of the resources they had to study and the name itself. I have the CPT, CES, and FNS....might as well round it off with the PES next CEU cycle.

I make over 100k. I put up $600-$700 to start my career that now brings in 100K annually. If I wanted to do groups and branch out a bit more I would be making a good chunk of change more but I don't like the group/boot camp atmosphere. I make 100k doing strictly 1 on 1 training.

If you're hard working and good and what you do that $1000 investment will be nothing compared to your return and while your making money you will not be paying off student loans for years upon years. Just as you would tell your clients, its all about the big picture

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    $1000 may be a bit high. But it depends on what you will learn and what you already know. But in terms of landing a pt job, it's without a doubt overpriced.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    Personal trainers charge at last 50 bucks an hour, up to 150 in some places. So $1,000 represents 6-20 hours of PT sessions. That's one client for 6-12 weeks.

If you think you won't train people for 6-20hr, you really should not become a trainer.
    It's gonna be a full-time thing, I'm in the process of training my friend atm I guess that a number close to 1000 scared me a bit for some reason

Originally Posted by mattdustin View Post
    It's worth it. They may have changed it, but pretty sure when I did both the NASM-CPT and their CES credential, they let me do a monthly payment plan if I called and set it up - is that no longer an option?
    It is still an option, and that's what I'm doing

Originally Posted by BC02 View Post
    rediculously overpriced. nasm isnt even a good cert. id go with nsca, ace, or acsm before nasm unless the mngr at the gym you want to work at specifically wants nasm trainers
    I needed something with a name, a reputation, and knowledge, plus the gym I wanna work at does prefer NASM. I got the NSCA textbook on my shelf right now, I'm gonna get the NASM cert first then do my thing and then decide if I wanna go for NSCA too

Originally Posted by CharlottePT View Post
    You're paying $1000....how much are people paying for their masters degrees and not being able to find a job? How much are people STILL paying for their masters after having finally found a job....

I went with NASM because of the resources they had to study and the name itself. I have the CPT, CES, and FNS....might as well round it off with the PES next CEU cycle.

I make over 100k. I put up $600-$700 to start my career that now brings in 100K annually. If I wanted to do groups and branch out a bit more I would be making a good chunk of change more but I don't like the group/boot camp atmosphere. I make 100k doing strictly 1 on 1 training.

If you're hard working and good and what you do that $1000 investment will be nothing compared to your return and while your making money you will not be paying off student loans for years upon years. Just as you would tell your clients, its all about the big picture
    Thanks brah. Appreciate your response and everybody elses too

Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    $1000 may be a bit high. But it depends on what you will learn and what you already know. But in terms of landing a pt job, it's without a doubt overpriced.
    I'm really planning for it to be more than just my job. I gotta take plunge (I bought it)