iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How are my macros? HELP

Right now, my macros are:
    3000 cals
    Carbs 375g
    Protein 225g
    Fat 66g

Am I consuming too much protein? I weigh 155 lbs. Also, I take in around 2-3 scoops of whey protein in a day. Is that too much?

P.S. Im bulking now

jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsk16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you dont need that much protein. only 1g/lb of lean mass. so 150-160g is more than enough at your weight. also try to eat more real food, dont rely on powders to build muscle

iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jsk16 View Post
    you dont need that much protein. only 1g/lb of lean mass. so 150-160g is more than enough at your weight. also try to eat more real food, dont rely on powders to build muscle
    I see. Yes i try my best to consume my protein from whole foods.

And i only take in protein when necessary. I take 20g whey when i wake up, 20g whey pre-workout, 30g whey post workout, and 20g whey before sleeping. Thats a total of 90g whey which is equal to 3 scoops. Is that ok?

Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iMac46 View Post
    I see. Yes i try my best to consume my protein from whole foods.

And i only take in protein when necessary. I take 20g whey when i wake up, 20g whey pre-workout, 30g whey post workout, and 20g whey before sleeping. Thats a total of 90g whey which is equal to 3 scoops. Is that ok?
    Nah. 1-2 scoops unless the label says otherwise. you're alrdy consuming far too much protein and you're just wasting the whey with 3 scoops
    ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ I was part of the 2016 Ultra Thread Crew ♪ (‿ˠ‿)
    ASOT Crew

PowerHero43 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerHero43 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerHero43 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerHero43 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerHero43 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerHero43 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerHero43 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerHero43 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerHero43 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerHero43 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerHero43 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    3000 cals
    Carbs 375g
    Protein 225g
    Fat 66g

Am I consuming too much protein? I weigh 155 lbs. Also, I take in around 2-3 scoops of whey protein in a day. Is that too much?

P.S. Im bulking now
    Way to much protein, you could increase your fats a bit, and carbs seem pretty high. I am 200lbs and when I bulk I eat around 450g of carbs, but if you are having a hard time gaining weight than this is fine

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Too much protein.

Increase fat and carbs.

Stop believing in protein timing.
    Last edited by ErikTheElectric; 07-30-2015 at 09:28 PM.

mtcnfl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3000 cals
    Carbs 375g
    Protein 225g
    Fat 66g

P.S. Im bulking now
    Definitely too much protein especially if a good bit of it comes from a whey supplement, you're just wasting money at that point. I'd lower to around 180 at the most, and up the fats to about 80.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I lowered my protein and increased fats. Now it looks like this:
    Carbs 375g
    Protein 187g
    Fats 83g

How's that?

P.S. Should i remove my Pre-workout whey? So ill be taking in whey upon waking up, post workout, and before sleeping

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I lowered my protein and increased fats. Now it looks like this:
    Carbs 375g
    Protein 187g
    Fats 83g

How's that?

P.S. Should i remove my Pre-workout whey? So ill be taking in whey upon waking up, post workout, and before sleeping
    Again. Stop believing in protein timing.

Alright! Thanks for the help brah

DevonTrae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly bro. Don't always believe what you read here. Yes, ATLEAST in-take 1g/lb of protein, but 1-2g/lb won't hurt you.Never too much protein ! But the whole. "Don't rely on protein whey" blah blah. I was intaking over 75% of my protein intake from protein powders about 10 months ago, on a consistent basis for about 8 months. Due to personal issues. And I saw great gains. I took my multi , and the other 25% of protein was from lean meats. Basically, experiment for yourself and see what works for your body. If you notice consistent, great gains , the way you're doing it, stick to it. Don't change anything & Don't always listen to everyone else. Everyone is different & responds to things differently, to a certain degree.

Originally Posted by DevonTrae View Post
    Honestly bro. Don't always believe what you read here. Yes, ATLEAST in-take 1g/lb of protein, but 1-2g/lb won't hurt you.Never too much protein ! But the whole. "Don't rely on protein whey" blah blah. I was intaking over 75% of my protein intake from protein powders about 10 months ago, on a consistent basis for about 8 months. Due to personal issues. And I saw great gains. I took my multi , and the other 25% of protein was from lean meats. Basically, experiment for yourself and see what works for your body. If you notice consistent, great gains , the way you're doing it, stick to it. Don't change anything & Don't always listen to everyone else. Everyone is different & responds to things differently, to a certain degree.

So you got 167g of protein/day from processed fast food during the course of an 8 month period?

Sounds optimal.

DevonTrae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    So you got 167g of protein/day from processed fast food during the course of an 8 month period?

Sounds optimal.
    Where exactly did you get that from, on my post? And I saw great gains with or without supplementing that much protein powder into my diet. Either way. Kick your ass in the gym, hit your macros...Any possible way, everyday & stay consistent...He will see results.
    Last edited by DevonTrae; 08-01-2015 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Typo

Where exactly did you get that from, on my post? And I saw great gains with or without supplementing that much protein powder into my diet. Either way. Kick your ass in the gym, hit your macros...Any possible way, everyday & stay consistent...He will see results.

Er.... See below?