qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Krebs Cycle, Aerobic energy confusion??

The only energy pathway that utilizes oxygen to create atp is the krebs cycle, then why is it that i am so short on breath when doing a maximal effort 1 or 2 reps in comparison to a low intensity jog? shouldnt i be utilizing the krebs cycle equally as much when jogging as i am when i lift? Also i have noticed deep breathing inbetween sets improves my recovery, how does this make sense if the energy pathway for my sets are alactic and anearobic only.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    its more complex than you understand it. The restoration part of that cycle requires the entire pulmonary system. Which is why you can do a 1RM max dealift for example holding your breath, but then you are breathing heavy for awhile.

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by qdiddy69 View Post
    The only energy pathway that utilizes oxygen to create atp is the krebs cycle, then why is it that i am so short on breath when doing a maximal effort 1 or 2 reps in comparison to a low intensity jog? shouldnt i be utilizing the krebs cycle equally as much when jogging as i am when i lift? Also i have noticed deep breathing inbetween sets improves my recovery, how does this make sense if the energy pathway for my sets are alactic and anearobic only.
    DCSpartan is right. It is more complex than you understand it. I suspect it's more complex than I understand it, as well. Aside from the recovery portion of the cycle, it is important to remember that the body always recruits energy systems from the bottom up. Just because you are in the 'anaerobic zone', doesn't mean you're not taxing the oxidative systems - just that they are not contributing significantly.

Couple that with the requirement for recovery as mentioned by DCSpartan and the expulsion of waste through the breath, and you can see where that comes from. It's one of the reasons we have the term oxygen debt.

Aside from that, if you are a relative beginner, you may not be able to recruit enough motor units to fully tax the anaerobic pathways, anyway. This would be more likely in most cases.