Registered User henriquemeneghe's Avatar
    henriquemeneghe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Got a few questions about HRT method and want my program review

Hello,

1. On the HRT Solo Exercise breakdown Tom mention (4 total working sets for smaller body parts / 6 total working sets for larger body parts). But at the printable program there is only about 3 for larger body parts and 2 for smaller, like the chest day). Is there a reason or benefit for doing only 3 for the larger body part or can I add like 5 sets for the larger body part and 3 or 4 for the smaller body part?

2. Is there a reason for only 2 sets of each exercise or a benefit from doing 3 or 4 sets for example? (planning to do a warmup + 3 sets)

3. HRT solo is a 4 day program, can I add a 5th day if I fell comfortable or it will harm my results? (I like to split my leg training in 2 days, 1 for quads and the second for calves, hamstring and lower back including deadlift).

4. What is the rest between series and sets and, the total workout time? (I usually rest 1 min between series and do 60min total workout)

5. Any harm or benefit adding a second biceps and triceps workout on this program?)

6. Could you add your two cents to my workout program?

Mon - 5 x chest + 3 x triceps
    Tue - 2 x hamstring + 2 x calves + 2 lower back + deadlift
    wed - 5 x shoulders + 2 biceps + 2 forearm
    thu - cardio
    fri - 5 x leg + 3 x triceps
    sat - 5 x back + 2 biceps + 2 forarms

Thanks,

Registered User henriquemeneghe's Avatar
    henriquemeneghe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since I got no replies I will try to answer my own question after 2 weeks doing the program.

1. I think 3 sets at most 4 per large body part is enough as I'm beaten at the end of the workout following the program. (Leg day kills)

2. Can not answer that one, but following the program with 1 or 2 warm ups + 2 working sets.

3. Added the 5th day but did not split the leg workout. Keeping it as advised on the program.

4. 2 min for larger muscles and 1:30 min for smaller. Total workout time: 50min

5. Can't answer that one, but sticking to 1 day per week.

6. Workout:

Mon - 4 x shoulder + 3 x biceps
    Tue - leg HRT day + deadlift
    Wed - 4 chest + 3 x triceps
    Thur - Cardio (Tennis)
    Fri - 4 Back + 2 forearm
    Sat - Calfs and Abs

Still appreciate any comment.

Thanks,