Thread: Fish oil

Stripey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fish oil

Hey just a curious note,

I was wondering if anyone knew or could point me in the right direction about fish oil and joint pains, I can't explain why but my shoulders and knees have been abit sore lately l, it is cold at the moment so I'm thinking that's all, I have herd fish oil is ment to help with it but does anyone else use it for that?

Kind regards stripey

Team MuscleTech Athlete ThaWeezord's Avatar
    ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have always been a firm believer in fish oil and it being a huge help for my joints. I went to a sit in with Dr. John Berardi once who is known in the fitness industry and he was praising the benefits of it, for not only joint health, but nails, hair, and especially fat loss. He said something like 1 gram per percentage body fat is what he recommends to take. I know my Muscletech platinum fish oil has 1000mg per pill and I'm taking quite a few each day. Both coaches I have worked with recommended taking fish oil too.

Could try Glucosamine also!??
    ******official misc photography crew ******
    ***Extreme Dips Crew***
    ****Team MuscleTech****

Instagram @the_robbins #ruaware

If you build it....

MY original huge FAT-FIT transformation thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113690821

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ThaWeezord View Post
    I have always been a firm believer in fish oil and it being a huge help for my joints. I went to a sit in with Dr. John Berardi once who is known in the fitness industry and he was praising the benefits of it, for not only joint health, but nails, hair, and especially fat loss. He said something like 1 gram per percentage body fat is what he recommends to take. I know my Muscletech platinum fish oil has 1000mg per pill and I'm taking quite a few each day. Both coaches I have worked with recommended taking fish oil too.

Could try Glucosamine also!??
    Agree 100% with your post.
    Muscletech's fish oil and vitamins are my staple.

I also use a foam roller to stretch my legs/back if joint pain continues as well as cable exercises to help with my shoulder/chest pain.

sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Stripey View Post
    Hey just a curious note,

I was wondering if anyone knew or could point me in the right direction about fish oil and joint pains, I can't explain why but my shoulders and knees have been abit sore lately l, it is cold at the moment so I'm thinking that's all, I have herd fish oil is ment to help with it but does anyone else use it for that?

Kind regards stripey
    Without knowing your daily activities its impossible to pin point why.Could fish oil help? maybe. If you decide to supplement pick high quality.
    Alan Aragon Fish oil
    For those with high triacylglycerol levels, a supplemental 2-4g of combined EPA/DHA is their suggested therapeutic dose. However, note that caution is advised against supplementing more than 3g combined EPA/DHA outside of a physician’s care, since some individuals may risk excessive bleeding [21]. 3 g combined EPA/DHA typically is contained within 10 one-gram capsules. I recommend maxing out your whole food options first before going the supplemental route. There’s always more complete and synergistic nutrition contained within whole foods. Having 3-6 oz fatty fish a minimum of 4 times a week would exempt most healthy folks from needing fish oil supplementation.