sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Texas method + High frequency bench

Hey,

I've been using the U/L texas method for the past 6-7 months and I had amazing progress on squats & deadlifts while on a cut. My bench hasn't moved at all tho. I still bench the same exact numbers (at a lower body weight but it's still depressing). I also don't have much time to train this summer, so I want to cut my training days to 3 times/week. With all of that in mind, I thought I could still use the texas method but combine it with a smolov jr-like programming for my bench.

I would do

Day 1:
    Squat @90%TM 5x5
    Bench 5x7 @70%
    SLDL 3x8
    Chins 3x8
    accessories

Day 2:
    Front squats 3x5
    Bench 7x5 @75%
    Rows 3x8
    accessories

Day 3:
    Squat TM 1x5
    Bench 10x3 @85%
    Deadlift TM 1x5
    chins 3x8
    accessories

Progress: +5lbs on squats/deadlifts TM each week. +5lbs on every bench session each week.

My question is mainly about my push-pull ratio. As you can see, I have 18 sets of push and 14 sets of pull. Which accessories can I add to this program to have a decent push-pull ratio?
    Lift: 5RM | Gym PB

Squat: 360 | 405
    Bench: 195 | 230
    Deadlift: 455 | 505

QUEBEC CREW
    ACCOUNTING

Check out my log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167965053&page=4

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Just add some face pulls and/or rear delt flies/rows at the end. Or have a fluff day on Saturday where you hit rear delt rows, facepulls, etc.

sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sebatu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    Just add some face pulls and/or rear delt flies/rows at the end. Or have a fluff day on Saturday where you hit rear delt rows, facepulls, etc.
    My goal is to workout 3 days/week instead of 4 so I don't want to add a fluff day. I think I'll add face pulls to monday and friday and increase the volume for chin ups and rows.

I'm open to suggestions regarding other stuff.

QUEBEC CREW
    ACCOUNTING

Check out my log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167965053&page=4

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's tricky because you are jacking up the volume considerably - and as you point out, need to compensate with more pulling too. I strongly recommend shrugs in the 12-20 rep range.

SJ is a good progression no doubt but the workload is high, perhaps you could just knock a set or two off each stage to fit into your general program.

I can't help thinking that lack of bench progression is partly down to form. Have you tried pausing each rep at the chest? Even if this means going lighter. Another good tip is to treat accessories like DB incline benching as a bodybuilder would - don't worry about the weight so much but get a deep stretch on every rep, don't use momentum to lift, don't count reps, just take every set to around 1 rep shy of failure.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    It's tricky because you are jacking up the volume considerably - and as you point out, need to compensate with more pulling too. I strongly recommend shrugs in the 12-20 rep range.
    I think shrugs might be a good idea. I have a severe imbalance in that area and it's a pulling exercise that's not too taxing.

SJ is a good progression no doubt but the workload is high, perhaps you could just knock a set or two off each stage to fit into your general program.
    Maybe 4x7, 5x5 and 8x3 would be easier to fit in the program. I merely do 10 sets/week (2x frequency) of bench so increasing to 17 sets/week (3x frequency) would be a good jump already.

I can't help thinking that lack of bench progression is partly down to form. Have you tried pausing each rep at the chest? Even if this means going lighter. Another good tip is to treat accessories like DB incline benching as a bodybuilder would - don't worry about the weight so much but get a deep stretch on every rep, don't use momentum to lift, don't count reps, just take every set to around 1 rep shy of failure.
    I like to think that my bench press form is pretty solid. I might post a video to see if there is anything I can adjust. I've done cycles with pauses and cycles with tng but progress was better with tng than pause, which is why I usually don't pause my reps.

I'm already doing high reps DB incline press and I use light weight and go deep.

Thx for the answer!

QUEBEC CREW
    ACCOUNTING