gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Started IF/ Warrior diet this week

Hi all started the intermittent fasting/ Warrior diet this week I am doing a 15-18 hour fast
    Fasting from 8pm night before until 12 noon next day I am eating pretty clean and the only thing I am having during the fast is coffee with milk not black just too keep me going working in a busy warehouse so using a good bit of energy lifting and what not.

Anyway what brings me hear is a few questions that I hope can be answered I know this is not a magic pill for weight loss God wish there was lol but I feel as if I am storing fat not burning it I am 5ft 7 150 lbs 44 years old i know that isn't very big but I do have some muscle and been at this game on and off for a good few years but I do have a gut from bulking eating just life in general lol but I don't drink the heaviest I have been in the past was 12st but I did have a gut also.

I have tried a lot of things to get lean in the past tried keto but that never worked either I am probably only a 30\32 waist but the annoying thing is I still have a gut I am quite tight above my belly button but below that my gut sticks out a bit really p****s me off and the ironic thing is the tighter my upper abbs get the more pronounced the lower gets.

1) Is this just my genetics and I am stuck this way hopefully not because even though my
    Lower gut sticks out there is fat covering it also but it does seem as if it is protruding I would say I am probably 16-17% body fat although i think if I never worked out ever in my life
    I would be a skinny fat guy I have never been what you would call lean but when I tell people I am dieting they say you don't need to lose weight and that really p****s me off also because it makes me think I am skinny but I have muscle but it is not that noticible when wearing clothes except if I am wearing a t shirt lol but it is always cold at work so that ain't happening but I chose to change my appearance and I have put in the hard work and I am not affraid of it lol.

2) Is there any of you guys done this or are currently on it should I just stick with it and see where it takes me should I ditch the coffee with milk and just have black lots of people
    Seem to be raving about this diet and if I can get results then I am in it for the long haul
    Can skinny fat guys get lean is it possible can we change things hope so.
    Anyway any tips and advice would be much appreciated thanks.

ahoier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahoier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahoier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahoier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahoier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahoier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahoier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahoier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahoier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahoier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahoier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly, I've been doing this off and on....the whole 15-18 hour fast....i typically do it following a cheat meal though.....lol, FWIW....lol.

One suggestion I'd have to make though is watch the milk especially if you're watching calories. Are you doing High Intensity Cardio when you workout or anything like that...? The pooch should start going away....biggest thing is to watch sugar intake....i noticed if i go over my sugar/carb allowance in MFP, the pooch goes out a little more....I'm kinda in the same boat, though 30 years old, 5'9" 184 lbs-ish depending on the day lol...and trying to lean out. but yea, sugar/carbs like to settle around the waist line...and I happen to also have a fairly decent waist....i fit snug in a 34, but my 38 waist work clothes almost fall off without a belt (can't be arsed to buy new clothes yet lol....waiting until I get down to a good solid 34" waist to do the 'upgrade')

But yea, I believe in IF.....though my schedule runs a little different....since i typicalyl work out at night, don't get home to 'refeed' until 10-11p....and don't start eating the next day until 4-5p...but yea, throughout the day it's coffee and water only....half and half here and there...and i measure that **** out....lol. just add enough to basically cool down the scalding coffee a bit.

gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi thanks for the reply mate do you think it is working for you i really don't think it is for me i know it is just my first week but i feel as though i am storing fat am i doing it wrong am i not taking in enough calories in my over eating phase and therfore i am storing the fat i am fasting up until 12 noon then on my break i am having a protein shake some soup and a couple of tangerines then when i leave work 2 hours later i am doing my workout should i be doing my workout on an empty stomach instead is that where i am going wrong 147 people have looked at this thread but no comments i thought this was a popular diet but no input from anyone exept you mate.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I did IF for a bit. Ate from 12-8. No big deal (like pocket said LOL), it is just another way to stay within your calorie limits. It works for some and not so well for others. You still have to track your macro regardless of your strategy.

It worked for me but then I started to miss breakfast.

Don't sweat the milk thing. I would put cream in my coffee no problem. If you read the whole thing on Leangains, he actually say it's ok. There is also a huge thread on this I think in the nutrition section.

But again, the only benefit of this is some people feel more satisfied with 2-3 bigger meals when they are eating at deficit. It is not a magic way to lose fat, just another strategy.
    Last edited by mcbourque; 07-28-2015 at 07:12 AM.
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My guess is you do not have a food scale, and that you do not count/track your calories and macros. No matter what diet you decide to try, they all work on the same exact principle. In order to lose weight, you need to burn more than you consume. Simply put, if you are not losing weight, you are eating too much.

Keto... only works if you are in a deficit
    Warrior... only works if you are in a deficit
    Intermittent fasting... only works if you are in a deficit.

^^^^ These are just strategies to help manage intake. The easiest way to tell if you are in a deficit? Count calories and track weight. If you are not tracking, you are guessing. If guessing isn't working, try something else.
    Last edited by acrawlingchaos; 07-27-2015 at 09:05 AM.

SAMBO1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    My guess is you do not have a food scale, and that you do not count/track your calories and macros. No matter what diet you decide to try, they all work on the same exact principle. In order to lose weight, you need to burn more than you consume. Simply put, if you are not losing weight, you are eating too much.

^^^^ These are just strategies to help manage intake. The easiest way to tell if you are in a deficit? Count calories and track weight. If you are not tracking, you are guessing. If guessing isn't working, try something else.
    maybe a dumb question but if you are doing "no fap" does actual sex count or what? should I stop having sex or just stop fapping

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post

This.^^
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)