Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking Travel and Clean Eating!

Looking for suggestions! I'm heading to the big city for a conference in about a week, which poses three major obstacles to healthy eating - no kitchen, limited time and tons of temptation. The conference provides 2-3 meals a day, and the evenings are usually party style events with lots of alcohol. I'll be navigating 6 hours of airport/plane time on two days, and 8+ hours a day of conference room style education plus these parties, so I'll be looking for the best portable option that will at the very least take the edge off my hunger and adequately fuel my body. I don't want to do nuts, dried fruit, etc. because those aren't as satisfying for me, so I end up eating too many calories and then will still eat a meal...

Thank you for your suggestions!
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ive been traveling all summer doing planes and conventions and such and have had no problems eating.

First, do take nuts and dried fruits, pair them with other things to make a whole meal and they are great for a snack in a pinch.

quest bars are high in protein and very portable as are the protein puddings (which dont require refrig either). Beef jerky is a great option, especially if you can weigh and bag it prior to leaving. It flys just fine. I also have done tuna and chicken packs with whole wheat crackers (cause i love them).

If you must eat the convention food, try to stick with protein, fruits and veggies as much as possible. If you can avoid the parties then i would suggest that, but if not possible for networking reasons, then drink water all night. Usually people get drunk and dont realize that you dont have alcohol if you just keep a drink of something in your hand I dont drink often but i hang with those that do.

For the plane, you can pack foods just not liquids. Hard boiled eggs, potatoes, salads, meats, all fly (when not entering another country) and if you have a frig in your hotel room, then it is helpful to pack as much as you can.

Once you get past security at the airport, you can buy bottled water to keep with you.

I just flew to seattle last night and wil still be traveling for the next 3 weeks. So this is all the stuff i am doing now too.

For workouts, I have all ready done yoga this morning to stretch and I have a body weight workout that requires about 3 feet of space total and is challenging enough to keep me going until i can hit the weights again. Also takes about 45 mins to complete so not to bad of time requirement. Also you can bring resistance bands or trx or such if you have them.

Just plan ahead and dont let yourself get too hungry and you will be fine.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    Ive been traveling all summer doing planes and conventions and such and have had no problems eating.

First, do take nuts and dried fruits, pair them with other things to make a whole meal and they are great for a snack in a pinch.

quest bars are high in protein and very portable as are the protein puddings (which dont require refrig either). Beef jerky is a great option, especially if you can weigh and bag it prior to leaving. It flys just fine. I also have done tuna and chicken packs with whole wheat crackers (cause i love them).

If you must eat the convention food, try to stick with protein, fruits and veggies as much as possible. If you can avoid the parties then i would suggest that, but if not possible for networking reasons, then drink water all night. Usually people get drunk and dont realize that you dont have alcohol if you just keep a drink of something in your hand I dont drink often but i hang with those that do.

For the plane, you can pack foods just not liquids. Hard boiled eggs, potatoes, salads, meats, all fly (when not entering another country) and if you have a frig in your hotel room, then it is helpful to pack as much as you can.

Once you get past security at the airport, you can buy bottled water to keep with you.

I just flew to seattle last night and wil still be traveling for the next 3 weeks. So this is all the stuff i am doing now too.

For workouts, I have all ready done yoga this morning to stretch and I have a body weight workout that requires about 3 feet of space total and is challenging enough to keep me going until i can hit the weights again. Also takes about 45 mins to complete so not to bad of time requirement. Also you can bring resistance bands or trx or such if you have them.

Just plan ahead and dont let yourself get too hungry and you will be fine.

great suggestions!!