Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How much pain are you in?

Dude I don't mean to be a b**ch, but dang.

Do the rest of guys hurt constantly? Between my lower back and my tendinitis in my elbow, I feel like a shell most days. This can't be normal.

The squats just destroy my lumbar and sacral spine, and the pendlay rows are giving me so much tendinitis that my left arm is pretty much useless.

God it sucks getting old. Surely this doesn't happen to everyone else.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Age 35 LOL...
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you warmup and do you do warmup sets for every exercise????....do you deload?????....are you using good form or pushing weight for the sake of pushing weight....?????
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dude...wtf is going on. Everybody's hurting themselves this week.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=168227093

Anyway, yeah if you follow most strength programs you're gonna be in pain often. My trap, elbow, sternum, back, and hip are all bad right now.

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I whistle to get my socks to scurry over and jump on my feet every morning.

Roll down the stairs as easier than trying to walk.

Get in my car and stay in it as long as possible so as to not have to ask an old lady for help getitng out.

Need a remote control toilet seat to chit twice a day.

Ask my wife to open jars of food as wrists too limp.

Answering my phone on bluetooth as shoulder and elbow too painful to put handset to my ear.

All due to training.

But it feelsgoodman.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tackett View Post

Do the rest of guys hurt constantly? Between my lower back and my tendinitis in my elbow, I feel like a shell most days. This can't be normal.

The squats just destroy my lumbar and sacral spine, and the pendlay rows are giving me so much tendinitis that my left arm is pretty much useless.

I think you need to re-evaluate your training. Occasional DOMS, sure I like it if it only lasts a day or two. Occasional minor stuff like tendinitis sure, adjust to avoid making it worse and let it heal. Occasional fuke yourself up doing something stupid sure, work around it until it heals. Excruciating pain everyday - nope. Might want re-evaluate your form, programming, medical issues or all three.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MarcAWilson View Post
    Anyway, yeah if you follow most strength programs you're gonna be in pain often.
    Sigh...
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

TDXkev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    I think you need to re-evaluate your training. Occasional DOMS, sure I like it if it only lasts a day or two. Occasional minor stuff like tendinitis sure, adjust to avoid making it worse and let it heal. Occasional fuke yourself up doing something stupid sure, work around it until it heals. Excruciating pain everyday - nope. Might want re-evaluate your form, programming, medical issues or all three.
    I agree - occasional pain is going to happen per the above and soreness as well but you should never have constant pain, regardless of what program you're on. I also wouldn't look at it as being a bitch - pain like you describe isn't something you should ignore. I'm 35 as well and plan on being around for a while, I certainly wouldn't want to screw something up now that is going to be debilitating for the rest of my life.
    FitDads.net - A Better You. For The Whole Family.

http://www.fitdads.net
    @FitDadsDotNet
    kevin@fitdads.net

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RT1957 View Post
    Do you warmup and do you do warmup sets for every exercise????....do you deload?????....are you using good form or pushing weight for the sake of pushing weight....?????
    I do the warm up sets as outlined in the strong lifts routine. Per my app actually.

I deload if I fail a set 3 times, as indicated by the program.

As to the good form, it's really hard to tell without a third party. I THINK my form is correct. I posted up a vid of my squats and everyone here helped me out. As to if I've back slid and have poorer form with heavier weight, I can't say. I need a third party to shoot some vid.

Really and truly I think something is wrong with my back. Between all the football and stupid abuse in my high school years, there's probably an actual medical problem that needs addressed. The days where I squat and do rows are just excruciating for the next couple of days.

My tendinitis is really exacerbated by the rows. I've started using wrist straps and it's helped immensely, but it's still there. My grip in the left hand is just non existent.

Probably two things I need a health care professionals to look at.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do the warm up sets as outlined in the strong lifts routine. Per my app actually.

As to the good form, it's really hard to tell without a third party. I THINK my form is correct. I posted up a vid of my squats and everyone here helped me out. As to if I've back slid and have poorer form with heavier weight, I can't say. I need a third party to shoot some vid.

Really and truly I think something is wrong with my back. Between all the football and stupid abuse in my high school years, there's probably an actual medical problem that needs addressed. The days where I squat and do rows are just excruciating for the next couple of days.

My tendinitis is really exacerbated by the rows. I've started using wrist straps and it's helped immensely, but it's still there. My grip in the left hand is just non existent.

Solid grip in one hand but not in the other sounds nervous system related. Chiropractor would be my first stop. 40 bucks and you'll know instantly if it works.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MarcAWilson View Post
    Sub maximal training should make up almost all of your training.

I don't care how smart your programming is or how good you are at performing each lift. Continuous near-maximal exertion with very little exercise variation will snap your chit up eventually.

DUP programs with a lot of exercise variation, including isolation exercises = great for bodybuilding.

Combining both and adding in a little impatience or ego = great for short term overreaching phases, NOT great for injury prevention and athletic longevity.

wat? okay, okay. you may have a point. You sure this isn't just something trendy like 5/3/1
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I'm sore most days, but I can't say anything "hurts" much. Maybe reduce the weight and take a closer look at your form because the kind of pain you're describing isn't really normal, imo. Yes, some days it might be hard to put your socks or your shirt on or even tie your hoes, but those are just normal DOMS. What does your programming look like? Are you getting enough rest and food?
    My vids: youtube.com/channel/UCXYsnKrrmhI9oPzfzkn8NsA
    Strong e-stat crew checking in

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Yeah go to the doc and rule out disk problems for your back. If it's just spasms then getting on a stretching and back rehab program will help. There's a lot of good forearm stretches that will help your tendinitis but backing off and giving it some rest might help. Along with wrapping it....It's like adding an extra layer of ligaments/tendons to help support the soft tissues that are inflamed. You also can't work through an injury...there are exercises that you can do as rehab but to continue to pound away in pain can only cause more stress and further injury...IMHO
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sonuvagun will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Glad you posted this. I was going to post something similar. After getting back in the gym after a decade off, I've been humbled by some "aches and pains". Father Time has made some withdrawals on my account evidently.

Nothing excruciating though. Tendinitis and joints mostly. I've had some moderate back/shoulder pain at times. I just try and stay in tune with what my body is telling me. Sometimes that involves swallowing some pride and working around the pain. If bb's/db's are aggravating something, I'll move to a machine or cables. It may not be my preference for said workout but I'm looking at this time around as a marathon,not a sprint.

I feel like I wasted a workout if I'm not sore the next day. Having said that, DOMS are rad....pains and strains not so much, if that makes any sense. Good luck and take care of yourself Brother!
    If you're gonna be a bear be a grizzly

MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do the rest of guys hurt constantly?
    No

Originally Posted by Jbizzlechizzle View Post
    I'm sore most days, but I can't say anything "hurts" much. Maybe reduce the weight and take a closer look at your form because the kind of pain you're describing isn't really normal, imo. Yes, some days it might be hard to put your socks or your shirt on or even tie your hoes, but those are just normal DOMS. What does your programming look like? Are you getting enough rest and food?
    Hate when I can't tie my hoes. It's hard to keep them in line some days.

justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ...Between my lower back and my tendinitis in my elbow, I feel like a shell most days. This can't be normal.

Noticed as I get older there are certain movements I need to avoid (agreed...seem to be based on old sports injuries). Funny you mentioned pendlay rows...they did the same thing to my left arm (elbow). I got rid of the pendlay rows and just sub out with more pullups and cable rows. Also had to get rid of any curl movements that support elbows, just to recover.

I don't have any issues with my lower back, but following the same logic, perhaps change stance, switch to front squats (or some other squat variation) that doesn't put as much load on your lower back.

JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Solid grip in one hand but not in the other sounds nervous system related. Chiropractor would be my first stop. 40 bucks and you'll know instantly if it works.
    ^ Very possible. It would be in your neck ( as far as I know ). It's exactly what I'm dealing with and trying to recover from. My surgeon tests my grip & push/pull movements when I see him...... recovery is a bitch.

It could be a red flag, don't ignore it.

Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MissHolly View Post
    No

Hate when I can't tie my hoes. It's hard to keep them in line some days.
    lmao! Typo or Freudian slip, you decide... Haha gotta keep them hoes in check!
    My vids: youtube.com/channel/UCXYsnKrrmhI9oPzfzkn8NsA
    Strong e-stat crew checking in

VanWattGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanWattGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanWattGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanWattGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanWattGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanWattGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanWattGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanWattGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanWattGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanWattGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanWattGym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    36 years here and yes, little niggles that don't qualify as 'injuries' but things like tendonitis are still pretty nasty and lead to avoiding certain exercises. I blame weak asian joints. My dad has never trained a day in his life and he cracks like bubble wrap when he moves around so I guess my genetics aren't exactly great either.
    Life, Lifts and Nutrition. Just a guy who likes the iron and collaborating on fitness, food and lifts.

Find me on Youtube.com/vanwattgymchannel
    Instagram: @vanwattgym
    ********.com/vanwattgym
    Email: Vanwattgym@gmail.com

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Don't blame your piece of crap body to old age.
    On the list for Bannukah

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Old age? You are doing it wrong. I have been doing strength programs for 5 years. I have had little things here and there hurt but never what you mention.
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I had TONS of pain getting back into it after a 10 yr lay off - it was due to a spinal misalignment, and extremely tight muscles.

Foam rolling helped me a lot.
    I don't lift weights, I flex under duress.

My 12 month progress thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155962953&p=1113020323#post1113020323

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do the rest of guys hurt constantly?
    I looked at the recent photos in your bodyspace. I think a lot of your aches and pains would be alleviated it you lost quite a bit of weight and worked on your overall fitness level. Not trying to be a d'ck here, but I'm old enough to be your dad, and the level of pain you described is in a completely different universe from anything I ever experience.

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Juggertha View Post
    I had TONS of pain getting back into it after a 10 yr lay off - it was due to a spinal misalignment, and extremely tight muscles.

Foam rolling helped me a lot.
    Same here, little over 10 years. My pain was due to too much ego combined with sitting non-stop for work over those 10 years out of the gym. Those 2 combinations resulted in enough knee and shoulder pain to wake me up at night once I started lifting again. Pushed through anyway and now I've had to spend almost the entire last year working hard on mobility. Still on the core lifts but much lighter weight with focus on 'feeling' things working properly.

As others have said, put in the time and effort now to fix whatever is wrong as opposed to pushing through it. 35 is too damn young to be in pain all the time!

And for me, posting videos of things like squat or pullup form weren't really good enough as the tiny things like ankle collapse or humeral glide in the shoulder are really hard to see in video. Videos work great for general form analysis but you also need to do your own research for videos from guys like Eric Cressey or Kelly Starret and use those to work on movement quality.

Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    I looked at the recent photos in your bodyspace. I think a lot of your aches and pains would be alleviated it you lost quite a bit of weight and worked on your overall fitness level. Not trying to be a d'ck here, but I'm old enough to be your dad, and the level of pain you described is in a completely different universe from anything I ever experience.
    No offense taken. Once I get my strength up where I want it, I plan to cut a lot.

I've been eating in excess and shot from 250 to 280. My lifts are increasing like mad on stronglifts and I'm making great progress. I'm just too afraid at this point of stalling out to start cutting the excess adipose out.

I'd really like to get my squats up to 300 until I start cutting. That's my goal anyway. Which (typing at the gym currently) I just finished up 210lbs so I don't think it's unreachable.

But yea I know I need to cut down abou 20% BF and soon. My sleep apnea will improve or go away, and a lot of aches and pains would be solved.

Though I think my back is medical.

Originally Posted by MrNismo View Post
    Same here, little over 10 years. My pain was due to too much ego combined with sitting non-stop for work over those 10 years out of the gym. Those 2 combinations resulted in enough knee and shoulder pain to wake me up at night once I started lifting again. Pushed through anyway and now I've had to spend almost the entire last year working hard on mobility. Still on the core lifts but much lighter weight with focus on 'feeling' things working properly.

As others have said, put in the time and effort now to fix whatever is wrong as opposed to pushing through it. 35 is too damn young to be in pain all the time!

And for me, posting videos of things like squat or pullup form weren't really good enough as the tiny things like ankle collapse or humeral glide in the shoulder are really hard to see in video. Videos work great for general form analysis but you also need to do your own research for videos from guys like Eric Cressey or Kelly Starret and use those to work on movement quality.
    Had to acknowledge a great post.

WOW....

Those body space photos were not great. Didn't really even look. Just snapped and uploaded.

I put a new one up. Not sure if it was the mirror or what.

Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've done legs five of the last nine days. I do at least 3-4 sets of warmups before I lift anything heavy. I have pain in my muscles during the heavier sets of the workouts. I have no joint pain. I am not in pain when I am not lifting. I have some soreness, but its not excessive. But, I am constantly tired no matter how much I sleep.

Looking forward to doing shoulders and back today.

If you warm up properly and use decent form you should not have aches and pains other than occasionally. I don't.
    Its not enough!

justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinfore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tmax55 View Post
    I've done legs five of the last nine days...
    Damn! Are you getting enough recovery time? I need a solid 3-4 days to recover after leg day!