Thread: Lift angry baby

tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lift angry baby

Just curious, because no one I know is an angry lifter....who here was motivated through rage/anger? Who's rage keeps them going to the gym and sticking to their ****-food diet every day? not saying that you cant do it without anger...but for me, it's purely my anger that keeps me going and some motivation from the gains I have been seeing. I havent deviated from my plan a single time in the past 2-3 months, nor have I missed a workout...nor have I had a rest day since then. Not a single day off...thankfully my body doesnt look like it wants to stop either. It frightens me sometimes... coming this far from the 2 times a day taco bell eating mother ****er that I was to what I am now and having this changed mindset almost over night. But then I remember why I started and what caused me to change in this way...and it makes me come to peace with my anger and use it to my advantage. On my first day back from a long...longgggg break from working out, a friend of mine I saw at the gym said "day 1, day 50, keep going" and it stuck.

Is this the wrong way to be motivated, or are there others who also experience this? How does your anger play a part of your fitness/lifting?
    Stay hungry, lift angry, and don't delay the inevitable. -Stephen Hawking

Rileh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rileh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rileh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rileh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rileh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rileh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rileh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rileh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rileh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rileh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rileh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tillIDrop View Post
    Just curious, because no one I know is an angry lifter....who here was motivated through rage/anger? Who's rage keeps them going to the gym and sticking to their ****-food diet every day? not saying that you cant do it without anger...but for me, it's purely my anger that keeps me going and some motivation from the gains I have been seeing. I havent deviated from my plan a single time in the past 2-3 months, nor have I missed a workout...nor have I had a rest day since then. Not a single day off...thankfully my body doesnt look like it wants to stop either. It frightens me sometimes... coming this far from the 2 times a day taco bell eating mother ****er that I was to what I am now and having this changed mindset almost over night. But then I remember why I started and what caused me to change in this way...and it makes me come to peace with my anger and use it to my advantage. On my first day back from a long...longgggg break from working out, a friend of mine I saw at the gym said "day 1, day 50, keep going" and it stuck.

Is this the wrong way to be motivated, or are there others who also experience this? How does your anger play a part of your fitness/lifting?
    i yell to get myself pumped up when i do heavy squats, bench and deadlifts.. i guess its somewhat with anger, i sound like an idiot doing it but whatever. i seem to never miss when i do it. but in the end i do this because i love it

q2foou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) q2foou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) q2foou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) q2foou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) q2foou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) q2foou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) q2foou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) q2foou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use anger whenever the weight feels super heavy and i think i can't lift it then i say I can change the song on my ipod to black dahlia or city by hollywood undead and then lift. usually on bench or squat. But I don't lift becuase I'm angry it's just become part of my daily life.. Wake up lift,eat,school/work,eat,study,eat,sleep,repeat... I'm basically a robot.haha

basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    (dead)lifts will be stronger when you're angry, fact, channel it.

examples

here's an example.

lets say you're really angry at someone.

you look at the bar and think of it as being attached to the head of this person, and instead of deadlift you're tearing that persons head from the their body.

another one that works is when you're angry in generel.

you're at the bar, and think of someone dear to you sitting there, at gunpoint.
    if you don't make this lift, this person is dead.

lets say your max is 450 lbs, and you think you could never hit 460.
    would you hit 475 if this persons life would depend on it?
    i would not say '' i can't do this '' i would scream and give it 200%, failiure is no option.

WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I train for war, and to keep myself in better shape than my Infantry brothers, that way they have a reliable medic to depend upon.

That's more than enough motivation as it is for me.
    " You're either motivated by a dream or a nightmare."

*USC Trojans - New York Giants*

tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10) tillIDrop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great replies...see, I cant just get angry for a lift...i am angry through my entire workout...it keeps me going, not because i love lifting but because my rage has somewhat programmed me to stick to what i am doing now. it has given me the progress that i was so desperate to see. i ballooned to 260 lbs...people started slowly exiting my life in front of my eyes, i had become a slob, couching it all day, eating all day then smoking and eating again..and it really wrecked me.. and when the person i loved the most bailed on me it just sparked a fire that i cant control now..i know, it sounds bitchy as hell but it is what it is and i am bettering my body now so i have learned to love it and respect it.

I wish it was something more honorable like your reason, David.. or the fact that you guys just love lifting...i love it too, but i do it mostly because i have this thing i need to get off my chest and i cant stop. i havent had a single day off all this time, i havent touched a single soda, juice, candy, fast food, or anything that i dont cook/prep ..and i did it cold turkey so its a shocker to me knowing the kind of lifestyle i lived. As a matter of fact, im scared of the fire dying out because idk if i would be able to do it without it.
    Stay hungry, lift angry, and don't delay the inevitable. -Stephen Hawking

5skin is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5skin is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5skin is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5skin is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5skin is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5skin is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5skin is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5skin is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5skin is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5skin is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5skin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by basmca View Post

examples

here's an example.

you look at the bar and think of it as being attached to the head of this person, and instead of deadlift you're tearing that persons head from the their body.

i would not say '' i can't do this '' i would scream and give it 200%, failiure is no option.
    dat celltech helps Pete Rubish a little bit too (guy in 780x3 vid)

Shhenron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shhenron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shhenron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shhenron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shhenron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shhenron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shhenron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shhenron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shhenron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shhenron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shhenron is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No fap works for me because it makes me aggressive as phuck. Sometimes I'll imagine the nicest teddies I've ever seen, on other days i imagine a big arss. When somethings standing in the way of you phucking, you'll phucking destroy it. I guess using human weakness to my advantage works

basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 5skin View Post
    dat celltech helps Pete Rubish a little bit too (guy in 780x3 vid)
    well yea cell tech helps lifting more intense but without it he would still have lifted like an animal.

RamiroSosa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RamiroSosa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RamiroSosa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RamiroSosa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RamiroSosa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RamiroSosa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RamiroSosa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RamiroSosa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RamiroSosa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RamiroSosa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RamiroSosa will become famous soon enough. (+50)

examples

here's an example.

That Pete Rubish is soooo motivating !!! I love watching his deadlift vids before hitting the gym
    Bench : 231 lbs X 1

Deadlift : 463 lbs X 1

Squat : 353 lbs X 1

OHP : 155 lbs X 1

Originally Posted by RamiroSosa View Post
    That Pete Rubish is soooo motivating !!! I love watching his deadlift vids before hitting the gym
    ikr, fking motivating!

don't watch it when gym is closed tho :P

q2foou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) q2foou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) q2foou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) q2foou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) q2foou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) q2foou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) q2foou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) q2foou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ikr, fking motivating!

don't watch it when gym is closed tho :P
    then you DL your house